Best healer for random BGS

Hey guys, thinking about returning after an 8 month break. I love playing the healer more than anything and I was just wondering if someone could give me a list of heals from best to worst right now. Im thinking disc priest, resto druid or resto shammy. =) Thanks in advance.

Oh ps, ill probably only be doing random bgs for right now.

Similar topic in this thread.

Druid is less throughput but has more escape/self peels + CC options--and a lot of instant cast heals so least vulnerable to being locked out.

Shaman has strong heals and some nice cooldowns but very vulnerable to being trained (in random PUG BGs it's not easy to get peels)--and meh CC (hex has long CD and can be removed by druids and mages).

Paladin is kind of the middle of those two--it has some escape (freedom + sprint) + decent heals + some good utility/cds (double hands+wings) + pretty short coooldown stun--can be shutdown with interrupts; however, bubble/HOP/devotion aura can provide window to free cast when needed.

Monks are ok. They have decent escape (not quite as good as druids), but triple rolls and port are pretty good. CCs (paralysis and sweep) aren't too bad and have a good cooldown. They just don't have a lot of utility (green bubble is good). One BG consideration, the big green healing laser beam looks cool, but it's also a big beacon that shows enemy players A) that DPS target is receiving healers and B) WHERE that healer is (this really isn't a concern in arena--where the other team knows you're the healer, and you can't hide behind 9-39 other people like you can in BGs.

Priest needs help, and most high rated priests are playing shadow in god comp these days. You will get trained and rely on peels like shaman, since fear has a long cooldown. The short invis and feather for speed help, but these can only do so much--and the feather does very little as soon as you get snared via hamstring, crippling poison, etc. Shaman at least has good throughput plus all those other toys.
    Last edited by warlockiii; 2015-10-04 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like healing random bg's on my paladin, and it really feels like you're there to help people in other ways too, other than just healing them to full health.

You can help that warrior that just popped all his cooldowns and is stuck in roots just out of range of his targets (Freedom) or you see someone drop really low just as you get in range. The enemy thinks they have the kill, but you manage to just use Beacon shield on them and they live.

I like using Denounce on Warlocks as they are casting Chaos Bolts and watch their biggest nuke turning into duds.

I like helping out the flag carrier with Hand of Freedom, watching him Sprint across the map unhindered.

Paladin has such great utility, whereas other healers sometimes feel like niche healers.

I am not a high rated player, I just enjoy PVP, so my post has nothing about game balance, strongest healers etc, just personal experience.
    Warlock (SL main)

For random BGs, unless you have someone to peel for you, do not go with a resto shaman. Out of all of those you listed, I think resto druid is the best for solo play.

Disc is amazing for pug BGs

Deleted
    If you want to have fun independantly of the composition of your BG group, resto druid is the superior choice.
    Priests aren't as top notch as they used to be, with Holy being in a very sorry state... Although you can have some fun and be fairly effective as disc in randoms. I'd suggest you first check out whether their play style becomes you.
    Resto shamans are, in my opinion, the best choice of the 3. Ok, you will get frustrated with bad teams; if they don't peel and if the enemy team knows they should be taking you down first. So you are somewhat dependant on your mates.
    But every other time you will dish out great healing and your support will be invaluable. You have to get used to totems of course, because they do offer you your great utility. Freedom totem, AoE slow totem, capacitor (stun) totem, Anti Fear totem, That-one-air-totem-absorbing-an-enemy-spell totem, Spirit Link totem... And also Hex, (offensive) Purge and a long range/short CD interrupt, Windshear.
    You are very versatile and can do A LOT for your team as a resto shaman.

Paladins are also a good choice (and quite strong right now). But then again, you'd have to play a paladin...
    Mistweaver monks are interesting. No doubt that they can be very effective. They are also the most challenging healer to play, I'd say. And the visuals of their main healing skill makes them ridiculously easy to point out. You might as well install a big blinking neon sign above your head, writing out "KILL ME". Even the most dense DD will eventually figure it out.