Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    Would you like to have your character scale down to a zone's target level in WoW? What would you do with this feature if it was implemented?? You mean like in GW2? If so. FUK NO!
    It works in Guild Wars 2 though because it makes the content relevant. Who is to say that won't work in WoW?

Now having had the full experience of both versions of Timewalking weekends... meh.

Level scaling is just the devs recycling old content and coasting on customer nostalgia. Plus it doesn't make much sense for questing. I mean in a dungeon you could argue that Timewalking let's you 'experience it as it was intended' (which apparently automatically makes it more fun? frankly I didn't find 4 hours in MC all that fun in vanilla or WoD) but out in the world it just means it would take longer to collect 12 boar livers or whatever.

I know people like to moan about how easy WoW is now, but when in the history of this game was a non-elite, same level mob considered a 'threatening challenge' 1v1?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It works in Guild Wars 2 though because it makes the content relevant. Who is to say that won't work in WoW?
    May as well remove leveling because whats the point when its all relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    May as well remove leveling because whats the point when its all relevant.
    The whole point is to give another form of content to do at endgame amongst the max level content. Your level scales down so that content is relevant and in the endgame area your level is back up to max so that content becomes relevant. Star Wars, FF14 and Guild Wars 2 each have/will have their own form of level sync and in GW2 and FF14 it's shown that it works quite well. Example- FATE level syncing in FF14 allows everyone to participate on even footing so higher levels don't nuke it down so everyone gets equal contribution.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2015-10-07 at 06:20 AM.

Level sync makes leveling itself pointless and not immersive. You don't get the feeling of actually getting stronger. Especially since they've already screwed the numbers up by stat squish. If they go through with it, they can pretty much remove leveling for good and give everyone characters with all abilities unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This, I voted for Yes, Always, because I loved that about GW2, every place I went the content was relevant. If we have the option to scale down, the only use I see for that, is to level up with a friend, and not just destroy everything.

Being able to go anywhere in the world for a challenge seems pretty cool to me.