When can I expect to fall off?

My group is currently finishing up Normal, we are heading into Heroic within the next couple of weeks, and I was wondering when I expect to stop topping meters as Arms. My ilvl is 700 and everyone else is apparently around the same, some folks with 4pc, no one with class trinket. I have 3pc and a crafted trinket plus a Kazz trinket, so nothing special happening there.

I guess I don't want to be shocked when I started moving down the meters if what I read is true - Arms damage is not that solid.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you are out performing the rest of your group skill wise, then unless there is a huge gap, like 20+ ilvls, you will probably continue to top your groups meters.

that being said, when you do get passed, it will most likely be by ranged who can continue to drool on the boss while you gotta run for your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    if you are out performing the rest of your group skill wise, then unless there is a huge gap, like 20+ ilvls, you will probably continue to top your groups meters.

that being said, when you do get passed, it will most likely be by ranged who can continue to drool on the boss while you gotta run for your life.
    Are you implying melee has it rough? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    Are you implying melee has it rough? lol
    Melee having it rough? No way! lol

Those are the fights were I dip to just inside of Top 5. Tyrant is a pain because we are melee heavy and I need to back way, way up to avoid getting wrecked by Tempest.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedemel View Post
    Melee having it rough? No way! lol

Those are the fights were I dip to just inside of Top 5. Tyrant is a pain because we are melee heavy and I need to back way, way up to avoid getting wrecked by Tempest.
    There is a very simple way to handle tempest. stack all melees on one spot. put down two zones. then move as a group 2 steps to the side. put down 2 zones. move to initial position. No dps wasted. minimum movement.

OT: You should already be outperformed by other classes, at least at some bosses, if the itemlvl is in average the same. This means you outperform them skillwise. That will last no matter the content, as long as they don´t grow and surpass you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    There is a very simple way to handle tempest. stack all melees on one spot. put down two zones. then move as a group 2 steps to the side. put down 2 zones. move to initial position. No dps wasted. minimum movement.

OT: You should already be outperformed by other classes, at least at some bosses, if the itemlvl is in average the same. This means you outperform them skillwise. That will last no matter the content, as long as they don´t grow and surpass you.
    The only problem with this is that tempest itself does damage to those around you when it places a circle. With too much melee (not remembering how much heroic does) in one spot, it will nearly instant gib you with two of the circles before you even move.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakesterwars View Post
    The only problem with this is that tempest itself does damage to those around you when it places a circle. With too much melee (not remembering how much heroic does) in one spot, it will nearly instant gib you with two of the circles before you even move.
    Mh, perhaps I was unclear. I actually meant standing at one spot - but slightly clustered. Velhari´s hitbox is large enough to allow some distance. Regardless how many melees you have in your group, being forced to move away out of autohit range is mismanagement of the ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.