Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't see the issue. Some people are born with certain sexual preferences, but as long as they can keep themselves in check and not do anything inappropriate there should be no reason to prosecute or punish people, that would be the literal definition and first appropriate usage on this forum of the words: 'though policing'.

It's perfectly possible to be attracted to something while at the same time strongly disliking the mere idea of acting upon it.
    Expect they found out the guy who wrote that acteally did act on his urges.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct...odd_nickerson/

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    It's not being a smart ass, it's recognising the importance of the actions and efforts of others and not pushing them to one side for the sake of winning an argument or for the sake of individual glory.
    I have no idea what you are trying to prove or go on about anymore. You keep changing the subject into something else every other post, and it's getting abnormally confusing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    When somebody likes ISIS and Al nusra while saying Israel shouldn't exist requires a second thought to investigate?
    Apples and oranges, and again, not something you are qualified for,.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    That's not a strawman. If anything it's a reductio ad absurdum.

Your premise is, in fact, that one should police one's thoughts because those thoughts have meaning and could dehumanize or sexualize people against their will by the very fact of the existence of said thought. Your argument is that thoughts are bad if they contain harmful feelings. I simply pointed out that this is a ridiculous notion.
    Josuke is capable of not thinking bad thoughts by simply thinking to not think bad thoughts, therefor him seeing bad things can´t produce bad thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

you need to work on your social skills a bit. Consent can be given without one asking for it.
    But then they must be having fantasies about me. Gross!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Pedos have no reason to go public, so those articles are indeed pure bullshit.
    Calling everybody who is anti-pedo a rigth-wing monster, hue.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ The thread, we defend homosexuals for being born with the brain mutation of finding the same sex attractive as a sexual partner. Yet, when a person is born with the mutation of finding children attractive as a sexual partner, they are hated and shamed because it is seen as taboo in our society.

I'm not defending pedophiles, but where do we draw the line on these defects? (Probly going to get hate for using that word)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And what rights of individuals exactly are breached when someone fantasizes about them without their "consent"? Actual rights, not made up ones. Also, not sure how fantasies they can't possibly know about prevent them from living a happy life.
    "Is it ok for you if i think of you naked humping a pillow?" - "No?" - "oh damn, ok then i will not think that"
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

no? you can like someone without sexualizing them in your fantasies......
    Again, good luck with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    welp at least you guys are starting to understand that the first step is recognising bad thoughts.
    No the first step is knowing what bad means in the society you´re living in.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I figured. Can I still be a sexist though? Sounds like fun.
    Well, given certain individuals already in the thread I didn't want to be subject to Poe's law, hence the clarification. And enjoy yourself. Just remember to ask people if you can have sexist thoughts about them, because not doing so is evulz.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2015-10-08 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    @ The thread, we defend homosexuals for being born with the brain mutation of finding the same sex attractive as a sexual partner. Yet, when a person is born with the mutation of finding children attractive as a sexual partner, they are hated and shamed because it is seen as taboo in our society.

I'm not defending pedophiles, but where do we draw the line on these defects? (Probly going to get hate for using that word)
    Consent.

But its more complicated. If you like fucking cars as long as its not someone elses property I doubt anyone will arrest you unless its in public. so robots other such objects are fair game.

Animals, cannot consent so it becomes a crime. Children cannot consent and it is a crime.

A man and a man having some fun? While straight and cannot understand why they would want to I can understand its not a crime as they consent to it and wish them well.

Thats my view on it.

It works just fine for me.
    And I don't believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Josuke is capable of not thinking bad thoughts by simply thinking to not think bad thoughts, therefor him seeing bad things can´t produce bad thoughts.
    Are there classes or courses that teach this skill? I also want to be socially conscious and not succumb to evil.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    you need to work on your social skills a bit. Consent can be given without one asking for it.
    So you have people that tell you for no reason it´s ok with them for you to have sexual thoughts of them? That is not weird at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ethics involves more than just knowing what is considered bad in your own society.
    So we´re talking about ethics now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Are there classes or courses that teach this skill? I also want to be socially conscious and not succumb to evil.
    It's called religion. But I think they just pretend.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

I believe (And I'm sure most others do) that adults who have (Hopefully) developed minds past the age of 18 can go ahead and fuck anyone they wish who consents (And is obviously above the legal age). One heavily dabbles into underage sexual attraction which can severely harm an individual if acted upon, while another is about a man or a woman being sexually attracted to the same sex. Completely different things, no?

Deleted
    What about the Afghans? In their culture it is a status symbol to have many underage boys as sex toys. Are they also insane?

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Ah apologies might have misread what you said earlier or you presented it poorly. I agree thoughts only are not a crime. I might be disgusted by them, even straight peoples fantasies can be disgusting to some.

If that person has already come out they should at least get the support they require as well.
    And that's fine. For example, I find scat disgusting. I doubt I'm alone. But I'm not going to say that those who practice it are bad people, let alone those who only fantasize about it. Obviously, in case of pedophilia I condemn those who do practice it, but I'm not going to say people who just have this paraphilia and don't act on it are evil.