Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    im not sure how you can detach what you think, what you believe and how you act. but w/e you guys seem to have a grasp on it.
    Weren´t you the one saying you could decide what you think, but you can´t detach your actions from your thoughts and believes?

So, when you read this sentence, you can simply decide to not think of an elephant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Belieb it or not there are women in the real world.
    As there are on this very forum?

Women fantasize about men just like men do about women. As do men about men and women about women and all manner of other sexual fantasies. These do not impact other people. What does is when someone takes said fantasy and tries to make it happen in reality. That is when consent comes into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Undoubtedly. But can we then also say that all Afghan men are mentally ill and need treatment?
    The ones who are part of the problem, yes.

I mean that thoughts influence actions.
    What you mean to say is that thoughts can influence actions sometimes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Belieb it or not there are women in the real world.
    Believe it or not, women sexualize men.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Telling people why you're in therapy is not exactly a good idea.
    I doubt most people would even confess they're in therapy (no matter the reason being there).

10+ Year Old Account
    Homosexuality is not a mutation(neither is pedophilia), but what reasons to pedos have to come out in public?
    What are they then?

They might come out in public to express their frustration of being born attracted to something that would be illegal to act upon.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the difference between homosexuality and pedophilia mentally? Why is one still considered a sickness and the other isn't anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I know, i just wanted to point out how ridiculous the idea is.
    And I'm only mocking it further :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Telling people why you're in therapy is not exactly a good idea.
    Doesn't matter if it is or isn't. Villifying people who for all intents and purposes have done nothing illegal is still incredibly bad. How can someone make progress if they are made to feel like a monster ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean that thoughts influence actions.
    Most people are not non-social neckbeards who can't think about something without acting on it, that's called being impulsive. I can fantasize about a woman i know for example, but it is not like they have any inkling as to whether i do or not.

Eh no one is going to police peoples minds obviously, but just don't cry when people think you're vile.
    No one is crying here. It's just your idea of what constitutes as evil dilutes the word to the point it lost all its meaning and there are no words in English to express how extremely inane that idea is.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    What is the difference between homosexuality and pedophilia mentally? Why is one still considered a sickness and the other isn't anymore?
    I can't imagine why someone would ask that question as if the answer would be unbelievable or hard to discern on one's own.

My grandma told me once that you shouldn't try teach empathy to video game nerds. I should have heeded that advice.
    Did she also teach you not to troll?

because thoughts and actions are not separate
    How does having thoughts about someone without their consent alter one's action and breaches the rights of the person being thought about?
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2015-10-08 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is "SJW" now what you call everybody who disagrees with you? The new buzzword that replaces "terrorist"?
    Senior Jihad Warrior, clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I can't imagine why someone would ask that question as if the answer would be unbelievable or hard to discern on one's own.
    You don't have an answer do you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Doesn't matter if it is or isn't. Villifying people who for all intents and purposes have done nothing illegal is still incredibly bad. How can someone make progress if they are made to feel like a monster ?
    There's not progress to make if you're a pedophile. It's like people saying you can cure gay. The only "progress" you can make is to avoid hurting kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty different than other social justice issues.

It's an edge case, something that makes us morally cringe and may even imply mental illness on the case of the individual but probably shouldn't be treated criminally. Another example would be allowing marriage amongst siblings if the siblings were both sterile - technically, nothing is wrong with that (the normal problem being that children of people with such genetic similiarity will have a very high tendency to suffer from genetic disorders), but it's not legal almost anywhere.

The other social justice issues are trying to get their groups to be morally acceptable by society because there isn't anything wrong with their group as a whole under any circumstances (this applies to all groups based on religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc). These people need special circumstances ("not acting on it" in one case, sterility in another, etc) for nothing to be wrong with them, so it's different.
    Last edited by Simca; 2015-10-08 at 12:29 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    My grandma told me once that you shouldn't try teach empathy to video game nerds. I should have heeded that advice.
    You really shouldn´t talk about empathy if you don´t know the meaning.

If i think you´re an asshat, without saying it, what would you think of me?