Deleted

Mage ablities in legion from WoD

Greeting Fellow followers of the arcane arts.

just wondering if like my you think some of the trinket effects / set piece abilities will become baseline / talents for mages and all other classes for that fact, I know at the end of Pandaland thatsome of the teir bonuses got baked into classes, do you think this may happen with what we have now as HfC is the final raid, could be quite interesting.

what do you think ?

wiki out

Deleted
    I hope they don't keep Manno's Trinket and Prismatic Crystal at the same time on Arcane.

I wouldn't mind being able to store four ice lance procs but the rest of it can go. PoF proc certainly isn't what I want for arcane though something like it but more reliable could be fun (change nether tempest maybe).

Well they might bake things into the baseline class, but honestly that always feels a bit cheap to me. What would be new and interesting about it if you've already played like that for half a year +? Exactly nothing.

I agree some of those things, like Frost Mage's trinket which forces you to always put a Frostbolt before Ice Lance, make rotations feel more like actual purposeful rotations instead of just spamming whatever procs or free CDs you have before going back to 1-1-1-1-1-1... but if that was really the goal then it should be part of the base class already, and not just after it was accidentally discovered a while ago. Somehow I expect them to come up with fresh ideas.

As for the actual items that grant those effects, you can be sure they will drop in efficiency with every level gained in the new xpac until they are utter rubbish. They always do it that way, feels more natural.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

I don't know about trinkets/set bonuses (although I'm sure Fire would like the double inferno blast), but we might get a few spells from Imperator Mar'Gok or something.

Imo fire needs a much more comprehensive redesign than just getting double inferno blast. Really hoping they will do something this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Imo fire needs a much more comprehensive redesign than just getting double inferno blast. Really hoping they will do something this time.
    I agree, but as Fire's core design has barely changed since Wrath I am not terribly optimistic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Well they might bake things into the baseline class, but honestly that always feels a bit cheap to me. What would be new and interesting about it if you've already played like that for half a year +? Exactly nothing.

I agree some of those things, like Frost Mage's trinket which forces you to always put a Frostbolt before Ice Lance, make rotations feel more like actual purposeful rotations instead of just spamming whatever procs or free CDs you have before going back to 1-1-1-1-1-1... but if that was really the goal then it should be part of the base class already, and not just after it was accidentally discovered a while ago. Somehow I expect them to come up with fresh ideas.

As for the actual items that grant those effects, you can be sure they will drop in efficiency with every level gained in the new xpac until they are utter rubbish. They always do it that way, feels more natural.
    yes I agree, im just saying that in pandaria some of the 4pc abilitys got baked into classes, I mean the like of tome of shifting words trinket abilities seem very powerful to me to be baked into the spec, but as talents I can see that, but the 4 ice lances is a good addition, we already have that, just make it better by letting you store 4 for some monster burst, and letting waterjet give us brainfreeze I guess is a qol thing.

but I do get what your saying it is kinda cheap, mostly hey would lead to QoL changes for example 4 stacks of FoF

- - - Updated - - -

well hopefully witht them " overhauling classes to fit the fantasy of the spec" things will change, im fairly new to mage, always hated casters with a passion, but I have really really enjoyed levelling my mage, its now my main character (im not hardcore or anything).
    hopefully legion will bring some new awesome sauce to the table, and im hoping DH aren't over powered to fuck. hehe

Deleted
    Fire: 1. make Pyroblast! procs stack up to 3 (or 4) 2. lower the damage of copied fire effects a lot (except LB) 3. raise the base damage of FB/Pyro 4. give 2x Pyroblast! procs when out of combat (so we can do a proper opener). With these changes 1. we can do on demand burst damage on any target 2. we can reliably build up a high ignite before Combustion -> so crit no longer that important 3. better ST damage without going ridiculusly OP in AOE.

Yes and i forgot the visual upgrade: Ulduar / Siege Engine's fire animation would be great for Pyroblast.
    Last edited by mmocdf7bb9c95d; 2015-10-08 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovassy View Post
    Fire: 1. make Pyroblast! procs stack up to 3 (or 4) 2. lower the damage of copied fire effects a lot (except LB) 3. raise the base damage of FB/Pyro 4. give 2x Pyroblast! procs when out of combat (so we can do a proper opener). With these changes 1. we can do on demand burst damage on any target 2. we can reliably build up a high ignite before Combustion -> so crit no longer that important 3. better ST damage without going ridiculusly OP in AOE.

Yes and i forgot the visual upgrade: Ulduar / Siege Engine's fire animation would be great for Pyroblast.
    yes I agree fire needs some awesome spell effects.. a slightly bigger fireball doesn't do it for me even soul fire for locks has a better animation, should be like throwing a giant flaming planet at people

I quite like the synergy of T18 Frost, but would they ever incorporate not just the stack count, but also the WJ duration. Do you really need 4 stacks of FoF with a 4s standard WJ? How will procs work in Legion with the removal of MS?
    I also like the pet proc of 2T18 Arc, but not in its current state of stacking haste especially with the big breakpoint. Maybe tweaking the pet attack rate to be more static and work off mastery instead.
    Haven't played Fire outside of the first day in 6.2 so no idea.

PoF can stay in WoD. It's almost mandatory to run a WA for it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see the Water Jet time increase stay, I'd love to see the 4 FoF stacks stay, and I would absolutely love if Water Jet procing BF stay. During heavy movement fights, I love the ability to proc and instant cast to hold me over till I can get back to a stand still

Deleted
    Personally I could see frost keeping the new rotational stuff with ice lance and frostbolt weaving if enough good feedback on that have reached blizzard hq, having fun and engaging gameplay with a few abilities is after all what they aim for.

I could see fire keeping random proccing flamestrike in some form just because their artifact is named felo'melorn (flamestrike translated). Though it would be more interesting if it could proc of pyroblast! as the it would be free extra ignite when building for combustion. Though on the other hand, fire are quite rng already.

I can´t see arcane keeping anything from t18's current iteration, though if shadowpriest are loosing their shadowy clones and they decide to make the heroes into mirror images and scrap that as a talent I could see it be more possible.

As for other classes, the only thing I feel caught my attention that I think will stay is the MM hunter trinket effect, the design feels to gameplayish to just be left as a trinket, I think that bonus will roll into MM's mastery.