Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frosts Tome question

Hi,
    my question is, how exactly does the buff behave. It states that if you use Ica Lance immediately after you cast Frost bolt. Does that mean you cant do anything in between, not even blink or use potion or something like that, or does it mean you cant use any offensive spell in between? And is there any time restriction? Thank you.

Deleted
    After u finish an FB you get an hidden buff for ~0.9 seconds to cast a buffed IL. So no you cant cast anything inbetween. All it compensates is a very small lag/gap in the casting. U can ofc use things which dont trigger an GCD because then u could cast the IL in still in this 0.9 seconds.

Is there any way to track this hidden buff via weak auras for example?

Deleted
    Dont think directly. All you could do is set a Weakaura to the event Frostbolt casted and have it display a timer for 0.9 seconds. But i cant really see the advantage for it. Why do yo want to track it?

I just like to keep track of things how is this 0.9 calculated? Is it dependant on haste? Or is it always 0.9 approximately?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stehno View Post
    I just like to keep track of things how is this 0.9 calculated? Is it dependant on haste? Or is it always 0.9 approximately?
    Frosted or Komma or someone like that can probably tell you for sure, but as far as I'm aware the buff cannot be tracked because it doesn't actually show up on the normal buffs in-game and I doubt its affected by haste. I believe the .9 is known from datamining, but it might simply have been from testing in-game and reviewing the logs.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stehno View Post
    Always 0.9s. Your best bet is simply an aura tracking SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS if you really have a need to track the thing.

Where does this Archi trinket fall in with BIS? I thought Ishkar and Mannoroth trink were BIS for Frost.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Archimonde trinket is BiS for Frost for many gear setups - notably once you get 4-set. Iskar and Mannoroth are fairly close to eachother as the second best, Iskar being slightly better assuming equal difficulity and sockets/warforged etc.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    If u really want to track it here is a WA for it:
    Code:
    datecaGlHQTjvmtkfZgY3Gs7uLSx0ULY(fs)uQQHju(TQmyHy4uYbbLCmbNtQYcPuzXqXYL0dfrpvzzQONlQPs0KvvtN0fHQ6QuQ6zIuxNInks2miBhuDBaJteMMe(SensqPomqxdQY4Pu6KsLUfO40eopu5Yu9yvQ)QcZaLCaCFUpLC22hck7ktbdEHybSPXgWweI1jeojemffC46dbLDLPWMoKOinEN9sN48Sh2oecMIeCqVMMcbwM56BV0MUx4ZHEGFk5(ciiXTbP4OKdWGubLuPYvFiNsoadsfusLkNcI8MsjhGbPckPsLRcE7uYbyqQGsQuPYv9sXRjXz5CGMkigWkNOj0J7hGfYv)ZRaNwfLLELsofNLZ5W9MYLTCeQ7Nle6WzAoCVPCQaW)CFtfufVgxS494C4Et5s(aWaQrJyZRKZK9JSLJqD)0oot2pYpt92nnHs74Ypt92nnHYzHaX5vot2pYwocDbc4edx2GXH7nDgiiHTChjH1KhZ(KjXFJlB5i0fiGZLQ(YkMhsPY1maYQOS0RzEf4eFozir0ifw3rJaBX)7TOrKcaVsLlZDgpepw8qbhCEfkodujb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    Where does this Archi trinket fall in with BIS? I thought Ishkar and Mannoroth trink were BIS for Frost.
    Tome is so much BiS that on most lists i check even the normal version of it is better than all mythic trinkets

What list do you use? AskMrRobot has it as significantly lower than Gaze and Prophecy. I'm not doubting you, just so many different sources of information. And I just want to improve Frost dps anyway i can.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecluster View Post
    Tome is so much BiS that on most lists i check even the normal version of it is better than all mythic trinkets

Deleted
    AMR is here the wrong list. They have a different approach for trinkets and normally they tend to be wrong.
    What we can say for sure is that the class trinket is BiS.

Deleted
    AMR is just bad.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-10-10 at 04:10 PM.

AMR is a solid tool if you understand how to use it, but it does not calculate trinkets (or sometimes set bonuses) very well. Altered-Time has a lot of mage theorycrafting, including paired trinket simulations for each spec. Tome is far and away the best trinket for frost except possibly in heavy aoe situations..

Deleted
    AMR obviously doesn't "calculate" anything. It just has flat suggestions with flat assumptions. It makes any theorycrafter cringe.

I've been to Altered Time but haven't seen much with gear questions. Icy-Veins says the Tome is BIS, but then refers to AskMR which then says Tome < Gaze or Fear.
    Then you have sites differing of stat priorities. The only thing I know for sure is that Multi is my best stat..other than that it's like i could stack Mastery next and still have high dps. There is just way too much conflicting information and it's not just limited to Mages. SPriests are the same way so I'm assuming all classes have a cluster fuck of different information.

Deleted
    At the end of the day the game is dynamic. What is best and the real stat weights depend on the current gear, the current rotation and the current encounter. Only a true simulation like SimCraft or a true formulation like old Rawr's can make a good result.

BTW, is rawr dead nowadays? It had an amazing Mage coder back in the day (for Arcane in Cata especially).

RAWR is effectively dead, yea.

AMR has been a very poor resource for mages the entire expansion. No real reason to use it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    If u really want to track it here is a WA for it:
    Code:
    datecaGlHQTjvmtkfZgY3Gs7uLSx0ULY(fs)uQQHju(TQmyHy4uYbbLCmbNtQYcPuzXqXYL0dfrpvzzQONlQPs0KvvtN0fHQ6QuQ6zIuxNInks2miBhuDBaJteMMe(SensqPomqxdQY4Pu6KsLUfO40eopu5Yu9yvQ)QcZaLCaCFUpLC22hck7ktbdEHybSPXgWweI1jeojemffC46dbLDLPWMoKOinEN9sN48Sh2oecMIeCqVMMcbwM56BV0MUx4ZHEGFk5(ciiXTbP4OKdWGubLuPYvFiNsoadsfusLkNcI8MsjhGbPckPsLRcE7uYbyqQGsQuPYv9sXRjXz5CGMkigWkNOj0J7hGfYv)ZRaNwfLLELsofNLZ5W9MYLTCeQ7Nle6WzAoCVPCQaW)CFtfufVgxS494C4Et5s(aWaQrJyZRKZK9JSLJqD)0oot2pYpt92nnHs74Ypt92nnHYzHaX5vot2pYwocDbc4edx2GXH7nDgiiHTChjH1KhZ(KjXFJlB5i0fiGZLQ(YkMhsPY1maYQOS0RzEf4eFozir0ifw3rJaBX)7TOrKcaVsLlZDgpepw8qbhCEfkodujb
    Thank you, because I really never learned how to use weak auras appart from coppying someones working script However you wa doesnt seem to do anything. Any idea why/how?