Testing WeakAuras/LUA

Hi folks, I've just started diving in a bit to writing custom triggers for weak auras. Something I noticed from one of Pottm's weak auras, is he is listening for custom events (I assume for testing purposes).

Can anyone point me to any resources on what tools are needed, and how to do this?

Example:
    Code:
       if event == "TEST_MARK2" then
            destName = select(1, ...) or UnitName("player")
            spellName = "Mark of the Legion"
            subevent = "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED"
        end

if event == "POTTM_MARK_TRIGGER" then
            return true
        end
    Escapelol | <Lethal> US Thunderhorn | 7/7 Mythic, 10/10 Mythic, 13/13 Mythic @ 2 Nights/Week

10+ Year Old Account
    He's listening for custom events that, presumably, he's throwing in other scripts (likely from other auras). This is a fairly common way to pass information between auras, to keep count on something, toggle a variable, etc. If you want to understand the process, you should research the WeakAuras.ScanEvents function.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    He's listening for custom events that, presumably, he's throwing in other scripts (likely from other auras). This is a fairly common way to pass information between auras, to keep count on something, toggle a variable, etc. If you want to understand the process, you should research the WeakAuras.ScanEvents function.
    Thanks Shanthi, this is the road block I needed to get over to move forward. Appreciate the info.
    Escapelol | <Lethal> US Thunderhorn | 7/7 Mythic, 10/10 Mythic, 13/13 Mythic @ 2 Nights/Week