Deleted

Multidot addon req ( more then just affdots etc )

hey all.

so been playing warlock for sometime, and im doing fine.
    BUT!

When ever i have a fight with more then 3 targets as aff..
    i fell like a clusterfucker... at some point..

what i really want is an addon that have a target frame on top of the dots...
    watch my picture for better understanding..

www.la-tech.dk/wow/point.png

have anyone found a solution for this..
    or do anyone have a really nice way to get around this... ?

any advice is welcome..

over and out - techtoon

howabout use 'boss-frame addon' ? like shadow unit frame or... um... ElvUI's ?

Those with a unitID can have unitframes to allow targeting.
    Target, focus, Boss1-Boss5 etc.
    Due to in-combat limitations there is no supported method to have them on arbitrary units.

Before someone potentially brings it up, I know that it has been done but that is due to bugs/oversights in the UI and is certainly not intended.
    Hence why there is no "supported method".
    It will potentially, and very likely be fixed in the future.

It is just by design, and you have to deal with it as it is.
    Perhaps we will get better nameplate support in the future, but I can see that being about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I track dots with tidy plates and on my current target with TMW other then that I just track it in my head....been playing warlock so long it would be weird if I couldn't.

Edit: I use default ui/raid frames

Made by dubbelbasse

Sounds like you want Raven, their debuff tracking can be configured exactly like that, doesn't appear to on the curse page but it does... just install it and create debuffs as bars and it will. I think you can make it clickable too, but i might be mixing up my addons.

I use it, but i don't actually look at it, i prefer tidy plates or the boss frames for fights like Archimonde when you cant see the name plate.
    Last edited by Dietrik; 2015-10-17 at 05:05 PM.

I hate raven as it overrides a lot of settings for me and I find it difficult to setup.

For the minimalist tidyplates is pretty good but you probalby need something like shadowuf to max out your dot applications. You can go into configuration, setup debuffs on bosses to show only your dots and make sure you show up to 4 so you can see your 3 DOTS along with haunt or soulburn haunt. I still use fortexorcist which has been updated in the community and I still feel is the best balance of functionality and ease-of-use.

kui name plates. its nice alternative to tidy plates.

Deleted
    This is my setup, if you want to take a look. I use Shadowed Unit Frames for boss frames and TellMeWhen for dots (TMW is used only for boss frames dots)

http://imgur.com/IOq9Lo0

multi-dotting is always a mess but you can do something to simplify it