Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This will surely increase the subs, and reduce the LFR wait time.

/sarcasm

Yeah... No. I don't care about wcl ranks anyway so I don't see the point in maxing gear for farm. Especially when it involves dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    8 myth dungeons
    7 hc dungeons
    bonus weekly quest

=3600 vp

Fuck LFR. Way too much time wastage for pitiful gain. But tasks described above can be done pretty easily and quickly. It's a fair bit of gameplay but not fifteen fucking hour-long LFR queues bit of gameplay.

Doing that for 3 weeks you will have enough to upgrade everything + still some points to spare. After all your loot is 2/2 you'll be fine by doing bonus quest + maybe a mythic dungeon or two. Having a high "soft" cap allows you to play more on weeks where you acquire lots of upgrades. You didn't had this opportunity in MOP. After 4x upg got introduced, your whole weekly cap was enough to upgrade just 1 (ONE) item. This resulted with loot rotting in your inventory, waiting to get upgraded. That sucked, but with high "soft" cap this won't happen.

If your guild "forces" you to run all of the LFR cesspools in order to get from 3,6k to 4,8k valor... get the fuck out of this guild. Just type /gquit with no second thoughts. No, seriously.
    Totally agree with this. And it will only be a thing in the first weeks. I will reduce my valor farming at last to 800-100 valor/week on ALL chars summed together after this. But I love that we are given the decision how much we play this time. People who need a 1000 weekly cap are just mentally weak or serve in some powerguilds where they are wrongly in.

Finally blizzard isn't looking down on all wow players as idiots who have to be restrained. And the few ones who force themselves to do all and hate it - lol, I really want to see these broken people flaming in the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    I'm sure they'll add it, every raider is already complaining about it.
    Doubt it. They are doing it to make you do something other than raiding.

I feel like there should be a cap to prevent this from feeling like massive chores that must be done on a daily/weekly basis.
    Although if you're all set and done in 3 weeks plus change for later upgrades, then it's not so bad.

I like it, everyone is getting something to do, whether is doing something else for Mythic raiders or helping noobies gear up, it's a win/win for everyone. I understand that some people say "it sucks because it's mandatory" when it's not or "it sucks because it nerfs HFC Mythic", if we wouldn't get a nerf, we would see a lot of guilds disbanding and AGAIN if you have the Archi Mythic Feat before this patch you are awesome (aka killing Archi pre-nerf).

For me, it's a good thing as i want to pad meters, i like to feel like a god when tanking stuff at 1.2 mil hp as a Guardian Druid with upgraded Kilrogg ring (ooh the dreams, wet wet dreams), all-in-all have fun. I could say i'm a semi-casual at this point for my guild being 10/13 Mythic, soon 11/13, as i see many people saying that if you haven't killed Archi Mythic by this time you iz noob n shit and i kinda tend to agree up to a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy about this because I want other players to experience more of the mythic bosses because they really are fun for me especially mythic mannoroth & archi.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I'm happy about this because I want other players to experience more of the mythic bosses because they really are fun for me especially mythic mannoroth & archi.
    This is the spirit! I hope i'll live to see the day when the whole of the WoW Community will share this mindset.

It's going to be grindy either way to cap. I don't assume most people will do all that so I don't see the problem in it. This is a stop gap to give people something outside of raids to do. It helps with alts and mains so I fail to see the problem in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Guild note of the day:
    Ok folks from now one we wont farm Myth in Wednesday we will simply rush in to LFR
    If every one of the raiders is expected/required to do it, it makes sense to run it together as it will massively speed it up. But yeah, you keep thinking that they'd cancel a mythic raid instead of just spending a couple of hours earlier in the day, or on a different day doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    If every one of the raiders is expected/required to do it, it makes sense to run it together as it will massively speed it up. But yeah, you keep thinking that they'd cancel a mythic raid instead of just spending a couple of hours earlier in the day, or on a different day doing it.
    A lot (if not the majority) guilds still doing mythic are ones with more loose schedules and people that can't add "a couple of hours in the day" or "a different day". If you think about it, a Valor farm run for a week or two is probably significantly more worth it than a mythic farm run for guilds that are on say Manno or above.

Fuck Blizzard for forcing people to do LFR if they want VP... I fucking DESPISE LFR.

Seriously, no VP from just doing just downing normal-mythic raid bosses on kills ???

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Fuck Blizzard for forcing people to do LFR if they want VP... I fucking DESPISE LFR.

Seriously, no VP from just doing just downing normal-mythic raid bosses on kills ???
    All you people need to listen to Blizz, they are trying to drive Dungeons and LFR numbers not raid numbers.

These changes will definitely drive up both, while having the side benefit of increasing HFC normal thru Mythic progression via gear upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    And then what?

Don't say something "smart" like "so I can unsub" when you know you can do that without "finishing the damn content."
    Then we can have fun and farm mounts and start rerolls planned for Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    progression is over - if you are still progressing at this point this means you are clearly behind the cutting edge and you need those extra 10 itlvs

cuting edge/aotc should go away with this patch though just like they should have in soo (sadly they didnt)
    Progression is over for who? There are barely 40 kills of Archimonde mythic in the US yet. And no we don't need those extra 10 ilvl to finish the content.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2015-10-22 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    The thing is that +20 total ilvl on every person in the raid is not small... doing it after your mythic raid wouldnt make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    All you people need to listen to Blizz, they are trying to drive Dungeons and LFR numbers not raid numbers.

These changes will definitely drive up both, while having the side benefit of increasing HFC normal thru Mythic progression via gear upgrades.
    No it won't... Raiders won't enter LFR for the plague it is with lazy cunts and AFK'ers in it... and instead they'll be doing 5man dungeons, as a group of 5, themselves... so these "higher geared" players Blizz so wants in the queues won't be happening...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You earn 4300 VP weekly, if you do:

- all HFC / BRF & HM LFR wings (150/75 VP per week per wing)
    - all 7 mythic dungeons (once per dungeon per week)
    - every day the first random heroic dungeon of the week
    - the weekly event

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...-valor/#post99
    I expected this to be worse. That seems competely reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulscorch View Post
    This is the spirit! I hope i'll live to see the day when the whole of the WoW Community will share this mindset.
    I share your optimism, but its a tough crowd here on mmochamp, let alone the whole wow community at large.

Deleted
    I would love to see some valorpoint reward for killing old raidbosses (transmog farm) as well. Also sometimes I enjoy doing a few pvp pet battles - they could also give some nice valor rewards.

I think people are at sorts with the fact that within 7-8 days you can have all your gear increased by 10 ilvls, essentially making LFR and dungeons a more productive gear boost to your raid then raid bosses themselves, at least for 2 weeks. This along with the increasing ring ilvl seem to be a new method of nerfing content I suppose. In a way it can increase interest in higher difficulties and perhaps encourage people to try them since there will be a smaller gap between requirements to enter higher difficulties, but 10 ilvls is a fair bit of an indirect nerf. And being able to upgrade over 50% of your gear in one week is probably a bit much.

I don't know why people care that LFR gives valor. You can chose not to do it, and still upgrade your gear in the same amount of time. If you dont do LFR, its 3600VP. Ring isnt upgradable, and there are players with either 13 (or 14 for dual wielders) others slots that can be upgraded. At 500VP per slot, thats 6500-7000VP required for all of your gear. Ie still 2 weeks worth of VP. So people complaining about being forced to do LFR, just dont do it, you only have to suffer at most 5 separate +5ilvl upgrades not being done in the first week. To solve that problem, just fully upgrade your best slots and you'll lose out on little difference on the lesser slots not being upgraded. You only need to wait another week for the rest anyway so why sook about it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    "Spend two weeks working non-stop for welfare." Terminology is starting to get a little silly.
    It's the internet, what do you expect lol? These people suffer from broken brain syndrome
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore