Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Run LFR as a guild, instant queue and you'll smash it down in no time.
    This is even better when you schedule it as a drunken raid night... much hilarity has ensued in our guild since cata doing that

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    -snip-
    I disagree. The SoO nerfs were major. They trashed every hard fight except Garrosh, and just fully gearing up by farming previous bosses made that boss a lot easier. The other fights were very hard without the right comp. That parallels HFC pretty well.

They haven't nerfed HFC significantly yet. Boosting gear alone isn't enough and isn't consistent with the way they've nerfed final tiers of past expansions. They just swapped the order of the nerfs this time around.

I'm not sure why you think Blizzard suddenly developed a reverence for the final few bosses of a tier which would prevent them from nerfing the mechanics. With their current "all roads lead to raiding" model for the game, they have to provide consistent and smooth progress to guilds of all skill and commitment levels, and after a certain amount of time on the same tier, nerfing bosses is the only way to do that. Feeling stuck sucks. Everything they've done so far has been consistent with that line of thinking, so I'd be interested to hear why you think it's the opposite.

Then again, I have no idea what Blizzard will end up doing after the ilvl buff and neither does anyone else here. I'm just pointing out the pattern I see.

Deleted
    Well, the pattern i saw in SOO was:
    - nerf siege/klaxxi a bit, dont touch garrosh (10man nerf was just to put it on par with 25).
    - and in the following 8 months, dont nerf anything else but just give +8itemlevel to the gear.

In HFC:
    - nerf mannaroth/gore.
    - in the following 6 months (assuming legion prepatch is out in may) give +10 itemlevel to the gear, and lets also not forget that ring upgrade scales really well, and no one yet reached 795, most mythic raiders will get there early/mid december.

So, while I can see several nerfs coming for Gorefiend (a whole lot of mythic guilds are still stuck there) and even xhul to make it a less classes dependant fight, I dont see why would blizzard nerf a lot more manna and archi in the last 6 months of the tier when they didnt nerf klaxxi/garrosh in the last 8 months of SOO.

Well of course anything could be possible and this time they might want to let a lot more raiders kill the end boss just to give them the satisfaction that raiding for months was worth it, but for sure they didnt do that on garrosh, and if they follow the same pattern they shouldnt do it even now.

So, while I can see several nerfs coming for Gorefiend (a whole lot of mythic guilds are still stuck there) .
    most of guilds who atm appear "stuck" on gorefiend on wowprogress are dead by now and got consumed by those who passed it weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Again. If you're an actual raider than get your raid group, queue for LFR and stomp it. If you're too lazy to optimize and do it efficiently then I guess lfr is for you?
    That might actually be fun

1. Worry that LFR is too useful, so nerfed all the loot to be uninteresting stat upgrades.

2. Worry that LFR is not popular enough, so put all the Valor Points in there.

They should have had a fixed amount of VP per boss, and let us earn from each, once a week, in any difficulty. It was a good enough system for the legendary parts, and it should have been used here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

2. Worry that LFR is not popular enough, so put all the Valor Points in there.
    Only 1/4 of the weekly valor comes from LFR.

The LFR thing sucks, but at the end of the day it just means three weeks to gear up instead of two, that's not a big deal. After that it shouldn't be an issue unless you upgrade a LOT of pieces in one week for whatever reason. And if you really want to go for two, you still can.

I'm sure some people will, and I also think bringing experienced raiders back into LFR is a good thing, even if a lot of them might not want to be there

Deleted
    The LFR part isn't that bad to be honest. WOD LFR is laughably easy and don't forget that you can still make an overgeared premade, queue up and destroy it with an instantenous queue.

That's exactly what I am going to do. Post a group on "Raid - Warlords of Draenor" titled LFR VP farming. Then I type 700 into minimum item level required and collect a bunch of heroic & mythic raiders. Queueing up as a full raid of highly overgeared characters, we will WRECK lfr in no time.

And that really needs to be done only twice becasue it takes two weeks of hardcore farming to fully upgrade everything. For further upgrades you won't need nearly as much valor and for alts? You have to be mental to farm valor like that for your alts. If you do that and then complin then it's just you. Not the system.

Ironically enough, most HC and Myth raiders will join such premade groups because it's far more efficient than queueing solo and enduring 30+ min queue, then being thrown in with 650 ilvl scrubs.

Putting valor into LFR won't help LFR AT ALL! Reason: good players teaming up via premade finder & queueing up.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-11-01 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    The LFR part isn't that bad to be honest. WOD LFR is laughably easy and don't forget that you can still make an overgeared premade, queue up and destroy it with an instantenous queue.

That's exactly what I am going to do. Post a group on "Raid - Warlords of Draenor" titled LFR VP farming. Then I type 700 into minimum item level required and collect a bunch of heroic & mythic raiders. Queueing up as a full raid of highly overgeared characters, we will WRECK lfr in no time.

And that really needs to be done only twice becasue it takes two weeks of hardcore farming to fully upgrade everything. For further upgrades you won't need nearly as much valor and for alts? You have to be mental to farm valor like that for your alts. If you do that and then complin then it's just you. Not the system.

Ironically enough, most HC and Myth raiders will join such premade groups because it's far more efficient than queueing solo and enduring 30+ min queue, then being thrown in with 650 ilvl scrubs.

Putting valor into LFR won't help LFR AT ALL! Reason: good players teaming up via premade finder & queueing up.
    Shhh! Dont give them ideas... they might change so you cant join lfr with too many people grouped up already. :P

Deleted
    Shhh! Dont give them ideas... they might change so you cant join lfr with too many people grouped up already. :P
    Pretty sure they know that will happen. They're not stupid.

This is exactly why Personal Loot was invented. The group loot system could be abused by queueing with guildies and/or their alts who would roll need for you (despite themselves not needing the loot they were rolling on). I had really bad time back in Cata LFR times when I was a noob without a guild and seemed to get very little loot from LFR. Slightly later I knew why I was getting so little loot. I was queueing solo without any "support". Although having a traditional "roll" loot system made it feel like real raid.

As usual, they try to "help" casuals, while in reality they end up doing something quite opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2 View Post
    The LFR thing sucks, but at the end of the day it just means three weeks to gear up instead of two,
    2 instead of 1.5 - get your numbers correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    you plan is good but it has its obvious flaws - besides certain time frames it will be very hard to build up whole group - this idea may work for first week but later most raiders will be capped so they wont bother help anyone other - s one thing which is certain about most raiders is that htey are selfish liek fuck and if they wont have iminent gain they wont do anything so those gorups will be extremly rare besides maybe reset day betwen 17-19 before main raid.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    2 instead of 1.5 - get your numbers correct.
    I used the 4300 in the topic title as max weekly valor cap, so yeah I'm out a bit.
    That said, it's still 3 resets if any one of the following apply
    -you have 1H weapons
    -one of the weekly events is pet battle
    -you don't have legendary ring