Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What will make you quit or stay?

So with Blizzcon just around the corner, I am curious to know what announcements to the game will either make you quit or stay playing the game.

For me 15 man mythic would keep me raiding high end content and ultimately subscribed.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    If you expect them to announce 15-man mythic at blizzcon, you'd best get ready to unsubscribe.
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    What will make me quit?
    Continued funneling of players into raids for end-game, no other alternate routes to get the mogs.

Quite the opposite for me.

If they say that raiding will, once again, be the primary focus of the expansion I'll probably be out.

But they've so far said Dungeons will be the big focus, and the current next patch so far is proving this to be... so... we'll see.

On a lighter note, if they said they'd remove pickpocketing from Rogues. Believe it or not, that would make me quit - simply because I hate removal of "fun" things, particularly one that's so key to making a Rogue a "rogue" - and makes decent coin. :P

This is why I never rolled a hunter because they removed Eyes of the Beast... and never rolled a deathnight cus they removed corpse explosion. I don't care if it's not "practical" - it's fun to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon is not gonna make me quit. A content drought at launch will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing at Blizzcon is anything. Path of the Titans, remember? It's not even treated as a promise anymore, it's "here's what we want to do, we'll let you know if we can/can't later".

Blizzcon won't change me staying until I see how the Beta plays out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    and never rolled a deathnight cus they removed corpse explosion. I don't care if it's not "practical" - it's fun to do!
    They brought it back with a glyph. I miss reviving as a ghoul more. And Hysteria.

and never rolled a deathnight cus they removed corpse explosion. I don't care if it's not "practical" - it's fun to do!
    might want to roll a dk now

Deleted
    I might require for the expansion to be sold for the gold price of about 3X tokens. People have figured out it would be a profit on top of the actual box game anyway. I already don't justify paying for this game monthly tbh.

Failing to make classes more diverse. Streamlining classes pretty much made me stop creating alts. I loved making alts, because it was a great getaway from my main character's playstyle. But when an arms warrior feels no different to play than a ret pally, it kinda misses the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    They brought it back with a glyph. I miss reviving as a ghoul more. And Hysteria.
    Did they!?! I remember hearing talk about that - but didn't know they put it in! NICE!

Wonder why it's a glyph... and just not something you learn? Ah well - better in some way than never! :P

Thx! :P

Deleted
    I suppose boredom, if tokens rise too high, or lack of time due to RL could all make me quit for good. I barely play now, but with tokens I don't have the guilt that comes with paying a sub.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have quit already.

Blizzard has failed to engage the non-raider me.

Few rewards to keep me going. Plenty of mind numbing grinds for the few there are though. Being treated like a 2nd class citizen to raiders when it comes to opportunities isn't helping either. I don't see why I should keep subsidizing their content - especially when such players treat me with such disdain.

The story is a freaking joke. (IMHO, if you can't do a good story, don't do one at all. For me it's all or nothing. I rather have nothing than a rubbish story.)

I don't see any of that changing though. If they were willing to change, they would have changed things long ago. I just got tired of waiting. /shrug
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Wonder why it's a glyph... and just not something you learn? Ah well - better in some way than never! :P

Thx! :P
    Blizzard has a couple of minor glyphs for spells that have no real gameplay effect, stuff like "Corpse explosion" for DKs, "Fetch" for hunters and "rain of frogs" for shaman, all novelty spells that are just for fun, i wish all classes had a few minor glyphs like that, TBH

As for Blizzcon, it's a bit like the pirate's code: it's more of a guideline than a rule. I'll take everything there with a bucket of salt until i see the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkerz1992 View Post
    I am curious to know what announcements to the game will either make you quit or stay playing the game.
    You assume that we will get deal-breaking info at Blizzcon.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    So with Blizzcon just around the corner, I am curious to know what announcements to the game will either make you quit or stay playing the game.

For me 15 man mythic would keep me raiding high end content and ultimately subscribed.
    What would make me quit:
    Sales of current content, and future content of PvE or PvP equipment from the store.
    (I guess, has to be added) If more people don't learn how to adjust themselves to the right server they are on.

What would make me stay:
    Generally updates, expansions, developments and such makes me stay.
    Further development for social and roleplay segments would make me stay even better.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    You assume that we will get deal-breaking info at Blizzcon.

Yeah one of the two days the "engineering" panel is wholly devoted to talking about darkmoon faire only. wut.

Deleted
    If the artifact system dosnt work well / boring and pointless, it would be a downer. The zones also needs to be well made and impressive. It's not going to make me quit, but it could make me play less over time, and at last unsub to next expansion. To me it more comes to an overall experience of Legion. (as always People likes different things).
    To me the worst Expansion have Been pandaria. Not wod or cata like many People thinks.

Hmm probably stupid posts like these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    If the artifact system dosnt work well / boring and pointless, it would be a downer.

It's purely there to play the role of the recent welfare legendaries, a carrot on a stick for monthly fees. I expect it to be easily achievable by all and be a necessity to compete on end-game.

I'm not convinced Blizzard knows if the negativity that practice projects is outweigh by their profit from it.