Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your dressing styles and trends...

How often do you buy clothes? Do you change your style? Do you buy new or used?

We are very limited in what we can wear around here. Jeans and t-shirt, jeans and polo shirt or jeans and button up short sleeve. If you deviate there will be talk.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to buy clothes every few months when I was with my parents, but now that Its my own money I don't really shop for clothes much. As for style I prefer a nice jeans and t-shirt combo (I know boring) preferably with a hoodie. And I buy used if the style is cool and its not too ripped up.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    How often do you buy clothes?
    Weekly.

Do you change your style?
    No, not really. Casual jeans/shirt off work. Business causal at work.

Do you buy new or used?
    New. Used is gross.

Usually jeans and a t-shirt, if it's cool out... with a hoodie.. one of the more feminine ones. Sometimes I'll wear skinny pants and boots, too. T-shirts go with that as well :P

And I always buy new. I have an NEX (navy exchange) near me. So I can buy clothes relatively cheap for tax free :P

15+ Year Old Account
    How often do you buy clothes? Do you change your style? Do you buy new or used?
    Eh, when I need new ones. Depends how quickly my old ones are worn out and needs replacing.

Don't change my style, I think, I don't even know what my style is. I often buy clothes a bit different to what I already have though, that's kinda the process of improving.

Deleted
    Varies. When I feel like buying new ones.

Not really.
    I generally have a fairly consistent style: Skinny jeans, a top/shirt (with a longsleeve underneath if it is cold) and sometimes a hoodie. And boots.

Shorts/t shirt inside. Business casual whenever I go outside.

Rarely buy new clothes

I buy clothes when my current clothes have too many holes to be worn in public.

Jeans and a solid black or white t shirt. With a few heavy metal shirts for variety.

I usually go out every 5-6 months to shop for clothes, I mostly buy used stuff. They usually have the good shit for cheap in the richer parts of town. Hardly ever changed styles(grunge-y) other than ditching flannel for Western wear. It's a little...trippy.

Deleted
    I'm trying to buy stuff that lasts for a long time. I couldn't care less about fashion.

I've had my favorite fleece for over 15 years and it still has no holes in it. During that time a dozen other sweaters and college shirts have been worn through from the elbows and sleeves.

When I manage to find jeans that look nice and feel comfortable, I usually buy two of the same.

Deleted
    I had the same style for years now. Jeans (usually ripped) and a T-shirt. If I am going out I just put on a Blazer over the T-shirt or put on a slimfit shirt.

I dont care about mass produced style O_o i use what i like.

I buy new clothes whenever I feel like it... never put much thought on any specific time frames. I tend to stick to the same style and be quite "brand loyal" but that's because I just like the clothes of certain brands. Never buy used stuff.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've worn the same kind of style for about 9 years.

Seems to work for me and people generally say it suits me.

Though Style is highly subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once or twice a year, right away if I am really low on stock due to multiple minor circumstances, like paint, holes and such.
    Currently only happened once, so a general thumb-rule of ~2 trips a year.

Once you go black you never go back.
    In all seriousness, I love black. And as for style..
    What's "style"?

Do you buy new or used?
    Unless it's heavily worn out, I do accept clothes from my family in case they don't want to wear it/throw it away.
    I use stuff long enough for me to pull forth my dearest thread and needle to attempt to sew it back up.
    That applies to basically everything. Even underwear if it so happens to get a hole/slightly thorn off.

Don't blame me for that, I see no sense in buying stuff I'm ever going to use only twice. My little sister on the other hand.. New, fresh and every week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Once you go black you never go back.
    In all seriousness, I love black. And as for style..
    A few years ago, I had almost only black clothes. Now I have pretty much none at all (except for a pair of boots).
    Might need to buy black jeans again, though, for when dark blue isn't formal enough.

Deleted
    I don't buy clothes myself.
    But I go clothes shopping with my parents maybe once a year, mainly if there's an event of some sorts (vacation trip, funeral, some sort of bigger party) looming ahead and I don't have anything 'proper' to wear. When home I wear nothing but underwear and gym shorts, if there's guests or something then I use a plain black t-shirt in addition to the aforementioned. If I go out (rare) it's shorts + t-shirt or jeans + t-shirt/jacket depending on the temperature. (Jeans + jacket in winter mainly).

Oh and yeah, everything is black except my indoor gym shorts.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2015-10-24 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought more new clothes today... in the last year I probably bought new clothes an average of every two months. Not always because I really needed something, I just wanted things. So many pretty things!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    A few years ago, I had almost only black clothes. Now I have pretty much none at all (except for a pair of boots).
    Might need to buy black jeans again, though, for when dark blue isn't formal enough.
    I'm surprised by this! I picture you having lots of pretty pastel colours.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    Depends, I put aside a set amount of money for clothes monthly which I might spend right away or save for next month, or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I just wanted things. So many pretty things!!
    Reason I limit myself.. i'd buy so much stuff otherwise..

Don't really change it all that much, might try something different but will generally go back to my familiar style

I buy new, generally speaking, I might exchange clothes with close friends, but that's it.
    Last edited by mmocad868b809d; 2015-10-24 at 02:50 PM.