Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Got my Reaper and Daredevil up, but haven't used Daredevil much. Reaper is great. Started tinkering with my Dragonslayer, and it's been a lot of fun. It does what I think the intent was, redefine elements of the class. (Sure, by making it a heavy armor ranger with no pet, but I'm sure I'm not th eonly one that wanted one of those...)

Neither of my engineers was very far along on hero points, so Scrapper is lagging behind, which is another I was looking forward to.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Started tinkering with my Dragonslayer, and it's been a lot of fun. It does what I think the intent was, redefine elements of the class. (Sure, by making it a heavy armor ranger with no pet, but I'm sure I'm not th eonly one that wanted one of those...)
    I was definitely looking forward to this, somewhere in RPG history being an archer was redefined as being a guy with a pet and traps, dragonhunter feels more like a badass with a bow, no pet needed - which is great as I hate pets in how they feel, look and play.

The fact that it also mixed magic with archery is also very welcome IMO. Takes me back to runescape.

So I decided to take a break from my Daredevil and level my Ranger/Druid a bit. Well, at least do some hot stuff with it. I have to say, doing the story missions by myself is a bit of a pain, in Cleric gear. I am using mainly GS for that. Although, in the few occasions where I do get a chance to actually heal people like doing hero point challenges, it is great.

Went ahead and maxed out berserker, dragonhunter, and druid, since those were classes I had previous world completion on. There's something amusing about a spec where you run in and headbutt enemies to make yourself mad and proceed to wreck shit.

Semi-related, I haven't even tried druid, despite having it fully unlocked. All I have on my ranger is berserker gear, which doesn't make a lot of sense for druid, at least in my mind.

I know there was discussion about +Healing not really adding enough to make a difference anyway, but I think they changed that.

Druid spec looks so unappealing to me, I just can't excited for it.

I'm not really a ranger fan to begin with, so making my ranger a healer just never interested me.

My first character (and the one in which I got GWAMM on) in GW1 was a ranger so I've always been partial to it. To be honest though, GW2's ranger never really sat right with me.

I have to agree that Reaper is amazing. Playing it as a solo character with all the signets gives a ton of options. Playing with every pet possible lets you solo champions without breaking sweat. Takes some getting used to playing it as a proper melee character though. I'm used to keeping my necro just a little bit distant.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    My first character (and the one in which I got GWAMM on) in GW1 was a ranger so I've always been partial to it. To be honest though, GW2's ranger never really sat right with me.
    I also had a ranger in GW1 and had a lot of fun with him. I don't even know WHY GW2's ranger doesn't work well for me, I've nothing against pets. Even in WoW though, I loved my warlock and didn't like my hunter.

I may pick my GW2 ranger back up one day, but I have her parked at the Mystic Forge to manage stuff, so I'd have to do a lot of alt-inventory switching in order to use her. I did Teleport To Friend so she has a fire wyvern with her at the bank, but other than the intro quests she hasn't done anything useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I have to agree that Reaper is amazing. Playing it as a solo character with all the signets gives a ton of options. Playing with every pet possible lets you solo champions without breaking sweat. Takes some getting used to playing it as a proper melee character though. I'm used to keeping my necro just a little bit distant.
    I'm trying to decide if I should work on my reaper next or my chronomancer.

I jumped into some sPVP today with my herald and was completely destroying people, but I've heard a lot of good things about reapers in PvP and minion necro was my go-to PvP toon before HoT.

I'm still a bit short on Herald, but so far it seems powerful but boring. It's very irritating that it keeps pinging my 9/0 skill slots since they're empty...

My #1 pet peeve with Herald: It is literally useless underwater. No, really; every single facet or whatever is unusable while underwater. I mean...even the fury one is that way (which on use is a stun break and blinds nearby foes). It's not the end of the world, since I just swap to Shiro, but it's one of those "dafuq?" moments.

Next pet peeve would be how it's basically auto attack spam with sword for the win, but similar can be said with other classes.

That goes for 2 other stances too though. Underwater Revenant wasn't really thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    My #1 pet peeve with Herald: It is literally useless underwater. No, really; every single facet or whatever is unusable while underwater. I mean...even the fury one is that way (which on use is a stun break and blinds nearby foes). It's not the end of the world, since I just swap to Shiro, but it's one of those "dafuq?" moments.

Next pet peeve would be how it's basically auto attack spam with sword for the win, but similar can be said with other classes.
    Herald works underwater if you activate the crap above land first.

Underwater revenant was literally a last ditch effort. It's clear that Anet in general have no plans to touch underwater combat until bubbles appears. The entire system needs a revamp.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

It takes time to sort these thngs out to near perfection whatsoever and make balance to what it is now.