Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    All of the races have ties to a dragon.

Zhatian - Humans

Morde - Sylvari

Jormag - Norn

Prim - Asura

Kralk - Charr

So they could go that route if they wanted.
    bubbles - largos? *puts on tinfoil hat*

Deleted
    I never understood the hate for Trehearne actually. At worst, he's just not very interesting and a bit of a Mary Sue. Nothing about him is crazy annoying though.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    bubbles - largos? *puts on tinfoil hat*
    I hope you guys are ready for the inevitable underwater expansion.

You know it's going to happen.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

I'm just hoping for massive naval battles against deep sea dragons and monsters. It would be cool if you could create and upgrade your own little boat. They could tie it to masteries. However, already constantly going the same speed in water as you go on land means there isn't really any need for boats

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    I'm just hoping for massive naval battles against deep sea dragons and monsters. It would be cool if you could create and upgrade your own little boat. They could tie it to masteries. However, already constantly going the same speed in water as you go on land means there isn't really any need for boats
    I'm just waiting for the water combat revamp. I'm hoping they make an all new trait set, new utility skills and a seperate gear tab just for underwater. Right now it's half assed with main weapons being unique to underwater but not utility, one gear piece being underwater (head) and zero traits for underwater.

You can't make a good underwater build and land build at the same time because your gear, traits and utility's keep trying to mash together for both and it doesn't work. It's half assed.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't, they stopped making underwater skins and got rid of any form of competitive underwater combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    All of the races have ties to a dragon.

Zhatian - Humans

Morde - Sylvari

Jormag - Norn

Prim - Asura

Kralk - Charr

So they could go that route if they wanted.
    Sylvari got the best story for Zhaitan, too, because they're the only race told right off the bat that Zhaitan is the main problem + they're in contact with Caithe and Trahearne from the get-go, who are both important to the Zhaitan plot. Come to think of it, the Sylvari 1-80 personal story is the only one that doesn't feel really disconnected.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just waiting for the water combat revamp. I'm hoping they make an all new trait set, new utility skills and a seperate gear tab just for underwater. Right now it's half assed with main weapons being unique to underwater but not utility, one gear piece being underwater (head) and zero traits for underwater.

You can't make a good underwater build and land build at the same time because your gear, traits and utility's keep trying to mash together for both and it doesn't work. It's half assed.
    I hope they just do a cop-out and make it so we can walk in the seabed with our land build.

I want to note that there's a disjointed feeling with the final episode. It's intended to be played after you've completed the Dragon's Stand meta-event (which is also coincidentally why it makes no sense why your character would say the Pact is gone, when we see the remaining forces of the Pact fight the dragon). Mordremoth DOES have a physical manifestation outside the Dream that isn't simply "He is the jungle". The Mouth of Mordremoth (not to be confused with the Mouth of Zhaitan, which was a separate entity than Zhaitan) is actually his physical mouth in which he consumes magic. It is a part of his body, specifically his head. Essentially it's a giant worm-like vine, reaching up from the Jungle and it makes Zhaitan look absolutely tiny in comparison. (But perhaps that's because of your perspective.) And the funny thing is that you do fight him head-on. I mean that literally. You fight his face and have to jump between different platforms, basically stopping him from destroying/consuming them to get ley energy.

After you destroy his mouth, you go into the dream and destroy his mind completely, basically making it so he can't regenerate. There ya go!
    And I hope in the future there's a thing to reforge the Broken Caladbolg. That would be cool!

Also, about Trahearne. I guess I never liked his character, but I mostly attribute it to his voice-acting which was grating to my ears. He sort of comes in and I feel like he steals my story. Not that he completely steals the credit (except maybe once at "Clowr" Island), but more that he's just sort of obnoxious. Maybe I would have liked him better if his voice didn't make me want to gouge my ears out with a rusty pick.

Also playing the story as a Sylvari is the best. I just wish there was more!

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Also, about Trahearne. I guess I never liked his character, but I mostly attribute it to his voice-acting which was grating to my ears. He sort of comes in and I feel like he steals my story. Not that he completely steals the credit (except maybe once at "Clowr" Island), but more that he's just sort of obnoxious. Maybe I would have liked him better if his voice didn't make me want to gouge my ears out with a rusty pick.

Also playing the story as a Sylvari is the best. I just wish there was more!
    See, I never had that feeling. I had always attributed people saying that to playing races other than sylvari. I can't really remember clearly but I thought that as a sylvari character, we're exposed to meeting Trahearne earlier in our story. So I never really felt like he was butting in and taking over.

His voice acting didn't really bother me, I didn't really dislike him, but he did get annoying with "This won't end well" constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    See, I never had that feeling. I had always attributed people saying that to playing races other than sylvari. I can't really remember clearly but I thought that as a sylvari character, we're exposed to meeting Trahearne earlier in our story. So I never really felt like he was butting in and taking over.

His voice acting didn't really bother me, I didn't really dislike him, but he did get annoying with "This won't end well" constantly.
    I actually replayed the story as a sylvari on my necromancer. I had your opinion at first but after replaying it a second time I noticed that he takes credit, literally, for something I did that he had no part of only because he made himself pact leader.

I didn't dislike him before but I'm glad hes gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    And I hope in the future there's a thing to reforge the Broken Caladbolg. That would be cool!
    I deleted mine as soon as I unlocked the skin and remembered you couldn't salvage quest items.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually replayed the story as a sylvari on my necromancer. I had your opinion at first but after replaying it a second time I noticed that he takes credit, literally, for something I did that he had no part of only because he made himself pact leader.
    ... And NOBODY around him pointed that out when he made that claim?

Deleted
    I never had any problems with trahearne, but neither was I really involved in his character. He was just sort of there and that was fine. I haven't really replayed the story but if you aggressively focus on everything that other people dislike then of course you will eventually start disliking it yourself.

Come to think of it, I was never really involved in any character in the story. Not even my own at most times. I did start liking my own character a lot more in the HoT story but the others really do not interest me in the slightest. It was a very slight 'shock' when Eir died for a moment but it went so fast and completely out of context that that feeling was over pretty quick. She said maybe two lines and she was gone. My character even barely acknowledged it. /shrug. Maybe it would've been sadder if I played a norn or something.
    I surprisingly had a tougher time grasping Faolin's death. She seemed like she would be a lot more important to the story, mainly because she was a lot more prominent in the last episodes of LS2. It's sad that they just killed her off like that. Seemed like they could have done a lot more but that is a feeling that lingers throughout the HoT story. It's told really well but it's just so short. Whenever something even remotely interesting happens it's immediately cut-off because we have to move on to a different subject. They don't really give you a chance to take it in.

Also, it seems that Anet has a fetish for impaling people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, why do all Norn women die in this game?

Grechen, Apatia, Hekja and now Eir. Not that they are all that important, but whenever there is a Norn woman on a mission the chance for her death is very high.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post

Grechen, Apatia, Hekja and now Eir. Not that they are all that important, but whenever there is a Norn woman on a mission the chance for her death is very high.
    All Vikings must go to Valhalla my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post

I forgot about apatia, I'm sylvari so I'm not sure if shes part of the norn starting line but she came and gone so fast I was like "why is this such a big deal everyone else is dying around me why is she getting her own cut scene and shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post

I also played a Sylvari and didn't have a big issue with him until, like Zito said, he outright took all the credit in something he barely had a part in and sort of came out of nowhere. (The mission at Concordia and Claw Island are two things he took full credit and got full credit for). I didn't hate him because anyone else warned me about him. At release, I remember playing without reading any spoilers or anything. When my mentor died at Claw Island and was replaced with Trahearne, I was not okay with it. I told my friends how much he bugged me and they were like "He's okay" until that second mission (Concordia) with him.

He would have been fine as a side-character, but again, I understand his purpose. At the end of the day, his voice is what bothered me most. Anyways, I felt like they should have given everyone who was going to die more spotlight than "one mission". Every big-name that died died within one mission and got absolutely little to no character development to make us 'feel' the impact of that character's death. Strangely, the only one who actually had some of an impact was Scruffy, and he's a golem that literally has no dialogue or character aside from being Taimi's mech suit. Even then, his death was pointless because the information in Rata Novus was the biggest letdown since...the last biggest letdown (Zhaitan's last phase)! "THE DRAGONS ALL HAVE UNIQUE WEAKNESSES." No shit. That was a pointless venture.

PM if you add me!

"THE DRAGONS ALL HAVE UNIQUE WEAKNESSES." No shit. That was a pointless venture.
    Zhaitans weakness was aparently a giant fucking lazer. Who would of guessed?

If mordremoths was attacking its "roots" that means primordus is weak to water - jormag is weak to fire - bubbles is weak to electricity and kralk is weak against.... civilization.

If mordremoths was attacking its "roots" that means primordus is weak to water - jormag is weak to fire - bubbles is weak to electricity and kralk is weak against.... civilization.
    Wasn't Zhaitan's something about that artifact they found, or blinding/starving him via killing the eyes and mouths he relied on?

I'm pretty sure "roots" was just a metaphor. Mordremoth's weakness was his connection to the Dream.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2015-11-01 at 03:14 AM.

We fired poisoned necromatic energy back at a starved, deprived Zhaitan. So basically we poisoned and starved him. He relied entirely on his troops to bring him sustenance as well and we killed them off one at a time.

PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot about apatia, I'm sylvari so I'm not sure if shes part of the norn starting line but she came and gone so fast I was like "why is this such a big deal everyone else is dying around me why is she getting her own cut scene and shit"
    I don't remember how exactly you can get this whole mini-story as I didn't get it the same when playing every Order.

Anyway, I think it was when I played Vigil. You and Apatia go to obtain those Orbs to power up defenses on Fort Trinity, obviously Apatia fails and is captured.

Then you get the remaining story when choosing "Letting someone suffer" as your greatest fear I think. Then you go with Trahearne to free her, but you find out she was turned into mindless zombie and then to Hoelbrak to tell her story.

Playing other Orders I don't think I had the mission to get those orbs, it just happened meanwhile.