What happened to all the orange/adaptive gear?

So, it used to be that doing Flashpoints and certain Heroics would give one a chance to get their hands on some neat looking orange/adaptive gear.

However, since the expansion and the various changes to the things and the stuff, it seems like only random greens/blues drop from Story/Tactical Flashpoints, and one only gets data crystals and (if you're a subscriber) a box of random blue gear for Heroics. There is a a vendor that actually sells a full set of adaptive gear that you can get to at a fairly low level now, but it's the drabbest looking stuff imaginable.

So, again I ask, what happened to all of the cooler looking adaptive gear that one used to be able to get from Flashpoints and Heroics?? Did Bioware remove them just to encourage people to buy cosmetic stuff from the Cartel Market?
    Last edited by RadasNoir; 2015-10-27 at 06:40 AM.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    So, it used to be that doing Flashpoints and certain Heroics would give one a chance to get their hands on some neat looking orange/adaptive gear.

However, since the expansion and the various changes to the things and the stuff, it seems like only random greens/blues drop from Story/Tactical Flashpoints, and one only gets data crystals and (if you're a subscriber) a box of random blue gear for Heroics. There is a a vendor that actually sells a full set of adaptive gear that you can get to at a fairly low level now, but it's the drabbest looking stuff imaginable.
    All moddable gear is adaptive now. It does drop in HMs. And I could've sworn I got gear pieces from solo mode too. Also who care if a piece you like is moddable? Not like you have to actually wear it to dress in it. You know there's a vastly superior trasmog system in SWTOR now right?

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    So, again I ask, what happened to all of the cooler looking adaptive gear that one used to be able to get from Flashpoints and Heroics?? Did Bioware remove them just to encourage people to buy cosmetic stuff from the Cartel Market?
    Did they add those sets to Cartel market? No they didn't. So no.

And with the new armor boxes cartel market only armors are cheaper than ever on GTN, it's glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    All moddable gear is adaptive now. It does drop in HMs. And I could've sworn I got gear pieces from solo mode too. Also who care if a piece you like is moddable? Not like you have to actually wear it to dress in it. You know there's a vastly superior trasmog system in SWTOR now right
    I've done both solo and tactical versions of the beginning few flashpoints, and as far as I've seen, one just gets random greens and blues now.

I'm aware of the new "transmog" system in The Old Republic, but I liked the specific design of some of the adaptive gear pieces that came from Flashpoints/Heroics, and if they no longer drop at all, that means I can't even use them via the "transmog" system, unless there are similar looking pieces out there from somewhere else....

Did they add those sets to Cartel market? No they didn't. So no.

And with the new armor boxes cartel market only armors are cheaper than ever on GTN, it's glorious.
    I wasn't implying that they added the adaptive gear pieces that once came from Flashpoints/Heroics to the Cartel Market, but that by removing them completely, and leaving people with the less fancier looking random green/blue drops and the remaining adaptive gear from the one vendor, they were trying to encourage people who wanted to run around in nicer looking armor to look to the Cartel Market instead.

However, that is good news, I suppose, about the Cartel Market armor being cheaper on GTN. Still, as you yourself said, it's not like I can get the gear I actually want via the GTN. Again, I guess I may have to go shopping for look-alikes, instead. It's unfortunate that I have to do that much, rather than simply being able to acquire the gear via actually play the game, as I was once able to do prior to the expansion.

According to torfashion all old sets are indeed no longer available (not only flashpoints, PvP and old ops too), the ones dropping from HM are a different set (never really noticed, I'm not big on costumes). It's a bit sad. I blame the Eternal Empire, they have a lot to answer for
    Last edited by Goshko; 2015-10-27 at 10:00 AM.

According to torfashion all old sets are indeed no longer available (not only flashpoints, PvP and old ops too), the ones dropping from HM are a different set (never really noticed, I'm not big on costumes). It's a bit sad. I blame the Eternal Empire, they have a lot to answer for
    Well, that's incredibly unfortunate. Some of those earlier adaptive armor sets I liked enough that I was planning on keeping them on alts I planned to make. Again, I suppose I'll have to see if I can find something equivalent on the GTN, or hope something neat shows up in the random green/blue drops. And some of the starting gear doesn't look too bad, so I could always use some of those with the "transmog" system....

Ah well, I'll figure it out. Thanks anyway for the responses.