Question for War vets from the Afgan and Iraq wars.

So only recently did I learn that Iraq and Afghanistan saw, and still see, a sizable amount of men in private military groups, many of which seem to be employed by US and the UK. While I don't think I have seen or know enough about them to make an informed opinion right now, there is one thing I am particularly curious about. From what I understand, some of the work done by these groups is hand in hand with the US coalition forces, sometimes fighting side by side in an engagement.

I know MMO OT has some war vets in here, so I'm curious if any of you guys ever served alongside members of these private groups, and what you thought of them? if you never fought with them personally, do you know of anyone who did, or do you know if there was any general stigma against them within the military you served for?

Deleted
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academ...ater.2F_Xe_era

That's some jolly good reading for you, if you're interested in private armies. They were so unbelievably bad that they had to actually rebrand themselves.

My wife's cousin was saved/rescued by a member of Blackwater. Also, you should look up information on the battle of Najaf.