Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    The kid is like what? 8? She is given her own guns ...

Personally I wouldn't trust an 8 year old to handle a kitchen knife much less a significantly more deadly weapon that even adults are known to mishandle.
    I was out of hunter safety and in the woods hunting before I was 8.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is a pre-teen girl, who isn't old/responsible enough to drink, drive nor fuck, allowed to handle a killing machine? I wouldn't trust a kid that age with a kitchen knife.
    Children are allowed to hunt and shoot under adult supervision. Not sure what change you were expecting in the last couple years since it has been this way for a few hundred years.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I got a fun anecdote, My grand dad would wake up in the morning, grab his .22 and hike out into the woods, shoot some squirls or rabbits, then continue his trek....to school, where he would bring his gun inside, and put it in the schools gun rack. The gun rack was for kids to put their guns, because what he was doing was common. End of the day, grab his gun hike back home shoot some more game, bring home diner.

Oddly, things went along fine at the school, no mass shootings, despite a large portion of the kids walking into school armed.

My father, uncle, myself, all my cousins, my daughter and my nieces and nephews, all had guns in our hands before we hit double digits.
    Back when I went through highschool (I graduated 2001), people used to bring their shotguns to clean in vocational ag class. Nobody cared. Hell deer hunting was an acceptable excuse to miss school where I graduated from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Back when I went through highschool (I graduated 2001), people used to bring their shotguns to clean in vocational ag class. Nobody cared. Hell deer hunting was an acceptable excuse to miss school where I graduated from.
    Yeah it wasn't uncommon to go hunting in the morning, and then go straight to school from the woods.
    Loser since Feb. 05'

hmmm, completely not relevant to the theme, but that little girl`s voice really reminded me of that little girl on that big ass bear from Conker`s bad fur day ^^

LOL same for me, I remember bringing in pics of my first harvest to show a few teachers.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    LOL same for me, I remember bringing in pics of my first harvest to show a few teachers.
    And now you can thank the pussification of the USA that kids are being suspended from school for having Facebook images of them holding a gun while not even on school campus.

I've had to be very specific with my daughter to not discuss guns at school, or even play guns using her fingers even though I live in Georgia of all places. Don't draw them, don't talk about them, dont pretend play with them, don't bite your pop tart into the shape of a gun at lunch, don't do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    hunting is a big hobby here in wisconsin. my uncle owns at least about a half dozen guns all for hunting in his cabin.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My culture? What culture is that? It was in Germany.
    I supposed it was in the US. /shrug

But regardless, "Your culture is truly alien to me. LOL".

I'm not from the EU BTW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i noticed sodium chloride stopped posting immediately as soon as winter destroyed his argument.....
    i also think we should start giving miniguns to toddlers to arm themselves against the coming draenei invasion.
    I had a headache and took a nap - have not been sleeping well; took about 1000g of Paracetamol and flopped into bed. Problem?

- - - Updated - - -

He really never had an argument. He was attention seeking.
    Not really starting an argument.

Just found that an interesting video - a fairly neutral one at that.

Why exactly is someone so young allowed to handle (and "own") a weapon what even adults frequently mishandled ... just seems bewildering to me.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2015-10-30 at 06:14 PM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

I have been Youtube surfing out of boredom and found this,

This is from 2 years ago - amazing how little has changed.

Why is a pre-teen girl, who isn't old/responsible enough to drink, drive nor fuck, allowed to handle a killing machine? I wouldn't trust a kid that age with a kitchen knife.
    We already have a gun control/gun mega thread.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    We already have a gun control/gun mega thread.
    That's nice.

In case you haven't read the title, it's not really about gun control.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

I was taught to how to use a gun at age 8 and went hunting shortly after. Weird thing is nothing bad has happen. It could be what happen is I was taught how to fire gun safely and how to handle it. Plus how dangerous guns can be. Maybe we should educate people on gun safety more.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranch View Post
    I was taught to how to use a gun at age 8 and went hunting shortly after. Weird thing is nothing bad has happen. It could be what happen is I was taught how to fire gun safely and how to handle it. Plus how dangerous guns can be. Maybe we should educate people on gun safety more.
    Just pointing out the cognitive dissonance of society having products with "Keep away from children." labels on one hand and children allowed to handle weapons that could kill another human being.

Just pointing out the cognitive dissonance of society having products with "Keep away from children." labels on one hand and children allowed to handle weapons that could kill another human being.
    I agree, its completely retarded bottles of bleach are required by the government to say "DO NOT DRINK" on them.

The problem is stupid government regulations, not guns.

parents discretion.

Plus, like my father did with me, I would want my child to understand guns from an early age and understand not to play with them for their own safety. A lot of kids are poorly educated about the function and safety and they find a gun in the house and play with it. guns are not toys and a lot of children (and adults) do not understand this. Education and understanding is the best preventative measure against accidents (or incidents) involving a firearm.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    parents discretion.

Plus, like my father did with me, I would want my child to understand guns from an early age and understand not to play with them for their own safety. A lot of kids are poorly educated about the function and safety and they find a gun in the house and play with it. guns are not toys and a lot of children (and adults) do not understand this. Education and understanding is the best preventative measure against accidents (or incidents) involving a firearm.
    That said, you don't allow children to drive ... Or do you? O_O

Deleted
    That said, you don't allow children to drive ... Or do you? O_O
    You never had a bike or go-cart? Those are pretty much training devices for the real things just like how low caliber bolt action guns can train you for the bigger thing, proper training and supervision is much better than just making it up as you go.

In the United States a child can drive a vehicle on private property without a license.

My family visited friends when I was around 10 or 11 years old and the mother of that family let us drive around a beat up old Izuzu Rodeo or something like that around the woods.

Grew up in rural Vermont, my stepfather taught me how to shoot and hunt with bows and guns when I was 8-10 years old. My Dad while not a hunter, is a gun owners and we'd go out and target practice. One thing they both stressed was responsibly using guns.

I supposed it was in the US. /shrug

But regardless, "Your culture is truly alien to me. LOL".

I'm not from the EU BTW.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a headache and took a nap - have not been sleeping well; took about 1000g of Paracetamol and flopped into bed. Problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Not really starting an argument.

Just found that an interesting video - a fairly neutral one at that.

Why exactly is someone so young allowed to handle (and "own") a weapon what even adults frequently mishandled ... just seems bewildering to me.
    We have 3 pages of people explaining it to you. If you still don't understand then I don't think you are trying.