Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kristivas View Post
    Because I'm paying for it, and if you're an American, so are you. The United States currently gives Israel $3.15 billion-with-a-B dollars per year (until 2018), which largely goes into their military budget.

If this was just two foreign countries wanting to duke it out, then whatever. It's not our place to get involved. However, we're currently funding an apartheid state in the year 2015. There's no excuse for Americans to sit idly by and allow this to continue on our dime.

Meanwhile, in less than a century from the Holocaust, a Jewish soldier is threatening to gas children, the sick, and the elderly to death. All because desperate people are trying to fight an occupation with stones. Did the savagery once committed upon them make them savage, or is it just human nature to be a real shitbag to a different ethnic group that one has power over?

I know Israel is surrounded by people that hate them and are in a shit situation but damn, they turned the hate up to 11.

*Edit* Also, no, I have nothing against Jews. I also do not think Arabs are all innocent while the Jews are inherently diabolical. Islam extremism can create brutality the likes of which is difficult to behold. Then again, patriotic extremism does about the same damn thing. Everyone's wrong over there, and getting involved has only made us targets while worsening a thick, endless quagmire of shit and sand.
    You share my views and understand my point well. Americans should be very concern about it for the reasons you've stated. People who cared about atrocities and war crimes also care about this, which is why I care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Because what one officer said = all israel?
    Well obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I don't mean this as an insult, but I find you're ignorant of the broader whole.
    But you're putting words in my mouth.
    Considering that you are condemning the Israeli military for something that ONE soldier did and has been suspended for, thereby proving that it wasn't sanctioned (that's from the article YOU linked and a part YOU completely ignored), I find it amusing that you are calling me ignorant of anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    And this angst manifests itself into reality... how?

By typical politician double-talk and pretending to give a fuck while doing absolutely nothing.
    You're using words I never used. From my country it has manifested in my government officially acknowledging Palestine as a nation and that they always oppose Israel politically. I'm a swede.
    Even many of our right wing parties are even critical of Israel.

Deleted
    You share my views and understand my point well. Americans should be very concern about it for the reasons you've stated. People who cared about atrocities and war crimes also care about this, which is why I care.
    Again, both sides are committing war crimes and atrocities on a daily basis.
    Stop being Biased as fuck if you actually care.

You're using words I never used. From my country it has manifested in my government officially acknowledging Palestine as a nation and that they always oppose Israel politically. I'm a swede.
    Even many of our right wing parties are even critical of Israel.
    That sounds like a lot of hot air and no action.

Just like the left in my country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Considering that you are condemning the Israeli military for something that ONE soldier did and has been suspended for, thereby proving that it wasn't sanctioned (that's from the article YOU linked and a part YOU completely ignored), I find it amusing that you are calling me ignorant of anything.
    Where'd did I condemn their entire military? Have you read nothing I've written so far? Please keep up with the discussion, not just what I write to you. You're needlessly confrontational.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote let them all destroy each other. The people of the middle east cause nothing but problems, let them fix it on their own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I vote let them all destroy each other. The people of the middle east cause nothing but problems, let them fix it on their own.
    Tj119 for president!

Deleted
    That sounds like a lot of hot air and no action.

Just like the left in my country.
    What kind of action would you want? My little cousins country has had more teeth than most nations ten times our size and importance. A fair bit better than nothing at all. There was a lot of controversy over Sweden declaring they recognized Palestine when no one else did and Palestinian politicians were grateful that they had the balls to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where'd did I condemn their entire military?
    Did someone hack your account and create that title, or did you do it? That isn't a statement from the Israeli military, it's a statement from one person in the Israeli military and those aren't the same thing.

Have you read nothing I've written so far? Please keep up with the discussion, not just what I write to you. You're needlessly confrontational.
    I have read what you've written, you're either being intentionally dishonest or you didn't bother to read the entire article you linked. Neither of which are to your credit.

And before you start with some claim that I am pro-Israeli, perhaps go into other threads on Israel-Palestine and see that I generally get called anti-Israeli. I will condemn what it is justified to condemn, and some minor incident that has no bearing on the overall conflict is the fault of one soldier acting on their own volition, not Israeli military policy, which can be rightfully condemned for other actions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Tj119 for president!
    You insult me by saying my posts at stupid, whilst refusing to answer my retort, whilst also preaching genocide. Maybe you shouldn't be in this discussion at all? It doesn't seem you want to do anything constructive.

Like most ISIS fighters aren't muslim?

Come on man.
    There are probably more Zionist Christians than there are Jews in the world. If Zionism wasn't a popular opinion, democratic western governments, would not be able to get away with pumping billions of dollars into the Israeli economy, while their own nations are in deep debt, or when their own people are in need of the money said governments are investing into genocide.

Deleted
    You insult me by saying my posts at stupid, whilst refusing to answer my retort, whilst also preaching genocide. Maybe you shouldn't be in this discussion at all? It doesn't seem you want to do anything constructive.
    There is nothing of good coming out of that corner of the world.
    If they want to destroy each other over imaginary things let them, why are we still giving a shit about this?
    Both sides are absolutely horrible and do things normal people would not even dare to come up with.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunica View Post
    No one wants to comment on the irony of this? No one?
    Posts sarcastically talking about how no one wants to comment on the irony of something... two minutes after it's posted.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Deleted
    Did someone hack your account and create that title, or did you do it? That isn't a statement from the Israeli military, it's a statement from one person in the Israeli military and those aren't the same thing.

I have read what you've written, yopu're either being intentionally dishonest or you didn't bother to read the entire article you linked. Neither of which are to your credit.

And before you start with some claim that I am pro-Israeli, perhaps go into other threads on Israel-Palestine and see that I generally get called anti-Israeli. I will condemn what it is justified to condemn, and some minor incident that has no bearing on the overall conflict is the fault of one soldier acting on their own volition, not Israeli military policy, which can be rightfully condemned for other actions.
    No, that's not what I meant with the title. Not everyone has English as a first language. In my language, the topic would be "israelisk militär" which is singular for a military person, a soldier. It's my fault I made a clumsy expression.

No I won't attack your person. I'm just like you, I often go to argue against what I see is wrong, wether I agree with it or not.
    Some times you just gotta point out faults and errors. But you don't need to be so aggressive about it
    There's a lot I choose not to bring up about the current affairs because I think the Israeli response has been correct.

Deleted
    I think it's wrong to try and downplay it or dismiss it.
    It wasn't "the Israeli Military" that said it. Reportedly, it was one border patrol officer.

If one US police officer smokes pot, you can't say "the US police force smokes pot". If a North Korean border patrol officer hugs a South Korean, you can't say the North Korean military made peace with South Korea and still expect to be taken seriously.

I'm downplaying it only as much as you're blowing it up. You shouldn't dismiss it: the guy should be fired. End of story. As for this topic, it should never have been made (or should have had a different title).

Edit: I see it may have been a language fail topic-wise. Fair enough. I still don't see it as newsworthy if one guy said it, however.
    Last edited by mmocbc5645dc6c; 2015-11-02 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    There is nothing of good coming out of that corner of the world.
    If they want to destroy each other over imaginary things let them, why are we still giving a shit about this?
    Both sides are absolutely horrible and do things normal people would not even dare to come up with.
    Because if we don't care, the world will be the worse for it. Not caring, being complacent or ignoring something bad happening is nearly as bad as being part of it. Though I do of course understand the delicate and intricate nature of politics and diplomacy in this context.
    And because on both sides there are normal people like us, who don't have a voice, who just want to live and work. They need someone standing up for them. It's solidarity, compassion and empathy. Even if it's many times just words.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that's not what I meant with the title. Not everyone has English as a first language. In my language, the topic would be "israelisk militär" which is singular for a military person, a soldier. It's my fault I made a clumsy expression.
    Then ask a mod to amend the title, as it stands you are claiming it is a statement from the Israeli military rather than an Israeli soldier.

Some times you just gotta point out faults and errors. But you don't need to be so aggressive about it
    I have Israeli and Palestinian friends, I've met people whose lives have been irretrievably damaged by the issue (such as relatives of Rachel Corrie), so this isn't some conflict in a far off land for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karmlol View Post
    It wasn't "the Israeli Military" that said it. Reportedly, it was one border patrol officer.

If one US police officer smokes pot, you can't say "the US police force smokes pot". If a North Korean border patrol officer hugs a South Korean, you can't say the North Korean military made peace with South Korea and still expect to be taken seriously.

I'm downplaying it only as much as you're blowing it up. You shouldn't dismiss it: the guy should be fired. End of story. As for this topic, it should never have been made (or should have had a different title).

Edit: I see it may have been a language fail topic-wise. Fair enough. I still don't see it as newsworthy if one guy said it, however.

But individual behavior can reflect a broader context. Even if the act is exceptional, there may be lesser, more moderate but still empathic opinions.
    But I'll change the topic name because it's me having clumsily expressed myself, as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

Then ask a mod to amend the title, as it stands you are claiming it is a statement from the Israeli military rather than an Israeli soldier.

I have Israeli and Palestinian friends, I've met people whose lives have been irretrievably damaged by the issue (such as relatives of Rachel Corrie), so this isn't some conflict in a far off land for me.
    Then I understand your passion. No hard feelings!
    I'm a person with severe mental scars and problems as a result of physical illness, so I can understand similar suffering. Which is why it hurts to see people do what they do over there.