10+ Year Old Account

Daredevil Feedback

Now that we are a week in, I was wondering what everyone's take on this Elite specialization. I don't see much feedback on Daredevil anywhere. (not here or on reddit or on gw2 forums).

Or is everyone playing Chronomancer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

I've been playing a lot of daredevil in conquest/stronghold. It's pretty powerful.
    Staff is good (better than Sword/Dagger in my opinion), and it's got some big crits with it.
    Seen some weird d/d bleeding specs or poison specs floating around too.
    but I think Sword/Pistol is the secret king with the daredevil spec. It's very hard to kill a daredevil thief (it really is your fault if you die). The pistol whip damage can disintegrate people if you pop out of nowhere and turn the fight around, and can sometimes win a 1v1 (thieves are weak 1v1, you HAVE to be better than them to win).

As for PvE, I don't really see daredevil as necessary as it's mostly an evasion tank, and D/D accomplishes enough survival.

Overall pretty happy with daredevil.

Just wish pistol/pistol was anywhere viable.

Deleted
    S/P for daredevil is always gonna be good cause S/P is damn good without daredevil, nevermind with. Removing condis + healing with evades during pistol whip is just silly.

I really like the staff for PvE. On paper it looked kind of crap but I find that it actually packs quite a punch and the weakness uptime makes you deceptively tanky providing RNGesus is smiling upon you. The dodges in PvE are nice against any boss that persistently spams AoE. It's a really big safety net + I don't really ever die against the wyverns because being able to cleanse condis on dodge and having 3 dodges covering a massive distance basically makes you untouchable. Not necessary, but definitely some good quality of life.

I don't use staff 2 very much but other than that its a nice weapon.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I've been using it in PvE with full celestial gear, staff and P/P. Definitely overkill on survivability for any normal mob, but it makes it possible to solo champions for those hero points. That extra evade with staff 5 is really helpful.

It's also fun to finish enemies by flinging dust at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I don't use staff 2 very much but other than that its a nice weapon.
    Staff 2 is the best damage ability we have though if you get all 3 hits to land. Our rotation is use staff 2 through the target, dodge roll back(assuming you have bounding dodge) then finish off with staff 5.

Still using the zerker gear, works just as well as D/D

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Staff 2 is the best damage ability we have though if you get all 3 hits to land. Our rotation is use staff 2 through the target, dodge roll back(assuming you have bounding dodge) then finish off with staff 5.

Still using the zerker gear, works just as well as D/D
    Seems like if you want to dump on an enemy, spam staff 5 is a better option than 2?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Seems like if you want to dump on an enemy, spam staff 5 is a better option than 2?
    Staff 2 does more damage per initiative. It also gets you in range to where you can use bounding dodge to damage the enemy, which in turn will buff your damage for a few seconds, including the staff 5 you follow it up with.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Staff 2 does more damage per initiative. It also gets you in range to where you can use bounding dodge to damage the enemy, which in turn will buff your damage for a few seconds, including the staff 5 you follow it up with.
    That's probably pretty good. Right now I'm just using unhindered combatant for map exploration. Get out of CC free is nice and perma swiftness is wonderful for map exploration. I haven't really tried speccing for something like fractals yet. 5 gives you some evade and dumps very fast to get stuff down so you can go do other things. If 2 is better damage over a fight though I'll look in to it when such things matter more. Need agony resist first, my guardian was my fractals character.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2015-11-08 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Staff is my PVE go to weapon now. 3 years of D/D backstabbing or S/P autoattack/#3 spam are more than enough to get me to switch. Plus the gameplay is really fun (especially on an Asura), you sort of just jump around beating stuff on the head with your stick you're Sun Wukong.

daredevil made me play a thief which i never played before because i didnt like it how boring it was.. But now, its awesome

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    in my eyes daredevil is what early vanilla gw2 thief used to be, multiple dodges on pvp with sword thief flying everywhere being annoying C:
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35