Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    When i was little, i remember hearing 3 footsteps middle in the hallway on our upstair floor, it was from like farmer shoes, those big ones.
    i heard 3 steps near my door when i was laying in bed and then it dissapeared forever.
    I was the only person upstairs back then.

Always wondered what it was.
    That's nothing! I had a large, black dog pin me to my bed, but as soon as I blinked, it disappeared. I was baffled for years. I didn't learn that was called "sleep paralysis" and not "spooky dog ghosts" until quite a few years later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i believe all things are possible.

but i believe ghosts could be more possible, and grounded in science. some type of quantum essence that fails to be recycled properly, left with only imprints of emotions that the person experienced in life.
    Do you have even the slightest idea how that would work, given our consciousness and memories are grounded in our brain? Do you know what quantum even means? (granted, I don't either...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Ghosts? Not the way they have been depicted in film or culture. “Energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only be changed from one form to another.” -Albert Einstein

Demons? hahahaha, let's not go there.

If any of them did exist the way they're usually depicted, it would be quite disappointing.

Probably my favorite Ghost Film just to throw it out there as well
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2015-11-02 at 11:01 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That's nothing! I had a large, black dog pin me to my bed, but as soon as I blinked, it disappeared. I was baffled for years. I didn't learn that was called "sleep paralysis" and not "spooky dog ghosts" until quite a few years later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Do you have even the slightest idea how that would work, given our consciousness and memories are grounded in our brain? Do you know what quantum even means? (granted, I don't either...)
    I've never had experiences while sleeping though. I buy the sleep paralysis explanation but I have experienced plenty of things while wide awake and mid-day.

There was a similar thread about 2 weeks ago.

I think ghosts could exist on some level. Not at like the popular culture depiction of them but rather like echoes or a resonance on loop throughout time.

I think demons have always been an allegory for the "darker" part of our own human psyche. So in that sense, yes I do think demons exits.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2015-11-02 at 10:55 PM.

Deleted
    I do not believe but i enjoy being creeped a bit by those youtube videos at night. If you get scared your subconscious must believe in them, even if you deny.

With that being said when i see those exorcism movies i wonder where are the sadistic priests? Force that holy water through the possesed throat. Whats a poor soul in this battle against evil?

Don't believe in them.

In an age where literally everyone in the US/Canada has a phone with some type of camera/video recorder on it yet nobody has shot any actual photographic/video evidence of anything supernatural just goes to show..

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Don't believe in them.

In an age where literally everyone in the US/Canada has a phone with some type of camera/video recorder on it yet nobody has shot any actual photographic/video evidence of anything supernatural just goes to show..
    Actually going to any video hosting services or watching any documentary reveals that there are plenty of alleged videos and pictures of ghosts and or demons.

Though in defense of someone who doesn't snap the picture, if you saw something so reality defying as an actual demon how quick would your response time be to actually film it? I mean realistically if you saw something like that how would you react? Would you even have you phone at hand?

I wish demons were real.

Demons and ghosts are about as real as batman or spiderman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossandran View Post
    Demons and ghosts are about as real as batman or spiderman.
    Random guys wearing spandex and a mask?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Random guys wearing spandex and a mask?
    How sexy would that be?

but, batman is not a real person yet we all know who he is and you can go see or read about batman at any time, they exist just not in the form you want them to

10+ Year Old Account
    i refuse to believe succubi aren't real.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    well, considering every single culture from the dawn of our rise to sentience has had a concept of the soul, i just feel it must exist in some way. either it's divine in origin, or it has some root in the quantum spectrum, because we really don't understand a lot about it yet.

that soul, if it is something related to the quantum, would likely be recycled like all energies are normally recycled, thus reincarnation could be real in a sense of the idea. or it could just split and become parts of other things. but, something could happen very rarely, like some kind of hiccup in the way things normally work, where that soul doesn't get cycled and it just sticks in the last place is physically existed.

obviously, there's no science that currently exists that can prove this, it's just one of many possibilities i've thought up. we know not even a decimal point worth of how the universe truly works on this level, so anything is possible imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firespark View Post
    I believe "ghosts" are little more than some kind of imprint or an afterimage, rather than a lingering spirit.

Demons are a christianized retelling of Djinn (genies) from Islamic beliefs, combined with vilified pagan deities.
    Ancient Persian maybe, but Christianity got a 600 year headstart on Islam; Judaism had them many years before that. Just about every culture, even predating or spatially separated (Americas, China, Australasia) from Christianity has its Angels, Demons, Nature Spirits, Ancestor Spirits etc. That's why I'm more inclined to believe those older, Polytheistic cultures over the more recent Monotheistic ones that seem to be more about dictates and control than actually respecting the planet, and each other.

I require REAL proof. Not any of that Ghost Hunter crap.