Pre-procing trinkets changed?

Anyone else notice their trinkets reseting on boss pull starting today?

can confirm this happened to me tonight. I had it disappear on pull all together, i even had it disappear on pull them reappear with 11s on the buff.

Can also confirm, trinkets are broken. You do the normal precast and they proc, then the buff immediately disappears when you enter combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Good fix then. Double-proc'ing was silly.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Deleted
    Im glad its gone but the way it works now is just.... eh.

It clears your proc on pull and you just dont get another for like 20secs.

I switched Wrath to Starsurge and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggarvalle View Post
    I switched Wrath to Starsurge and it works.
    This is false, buffs from trinkets get removed upon encounter start event.

Does this make BRF trinkets inferior in all cases now? I assume you would need to pre-cast Starfire if you don't want to pre-proc your trinket and have it down for the duration of CA.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    So I guess we're back to:

-3 Inc
    -1.5 Pre-pot + SS (or wrath?)
    0 MF + CA

Opener?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Does this make BRF trinkets inferior in all cases now? I assume you would need to pre-cast Starfire if you don't want to pre-proc your trinket and have it down for the duration of CA.
    Not so sure about BRF trinkets but HFC trinkets dont proc from cast_succes but rather on the damage/healing component thus you cant pre-proc them without rejuvs up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lionor View Post
    So I guess we're back to:

-3 Inc
    -1.5 Pre-pot + SS (or wrath?)
    0 MF + CA

Opener?
    I'm prolly gonna stick with normal wrath opener because I'm so used to it but we'll see. Technically the best would be to use Starfire pre-cast but executing it is rather hard comparing to the reward you're getting.

The differences between Wrath/Starfire/Starsurge openers are minimal. Figuring out best way to use your CD's in each encounter is by far more important.

snip
    Thanks for the insight! I guess then that the rejuv casts are not worth it either anymore (assuming HFC trinkets)? Or is the whole point of using rejuvs to workaround the hotfix for double-proccing?

Not so sure about BRF trinkets but HFC trinkets dont proc from cast_succes but rather on the damage/healing component thus you cant pre-proc them without rejuvs up.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm prolly gonna stick with normal wrath opener because I'm so used to it but we'll see. Technically the best would be to use Starfire pre-cast but executing it is rather hard comparing to the reward you're getting.

The differences between Wrath/Starfire/Starsurge openers are minimal. Figuring out best way to use your CD's in each encounter is by far more important.
    I thought the hotfix covered BRF trinkets as well. I think I've had the proc drop from Darmac's the last couple of raids, but I might be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I thought the hotfix covered BRF trinkets as well. I think I've had the proc drop from Darmac's the last couple of raids, but I might be mistaken.
    Buff removal hotfix covers BRF trinkets, but BRF trinkets used to proc from cast_succes events rather than damage component thus using for example wrath could trigger them and then screw over the next proc.
    I'm not sure whether thats the case now but in anyway I'll just stick with SoC+DSI in every fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lionor View Post
    Thanks for the insight! I guess then that the rejuv casts are not worth it either anymore (assuming HFC trinkets)? Or is the whole point of using rejuvs to workaround the hotfix for double-proccing?
    Rejuvs will only result in a possible dps loss and shouldnt be used on pre-pull situations with any trinket combination.

Assuming the fix is working like it should work. I didnt to extensive testing on it, rather just pulled SoO first boss couple times to test whether there was any truth on the nerf.

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...89&end=2046323
    It clears the buff, but the 2nd proc will still happen. So if for some weird reason you want to delay cds for 20 seconds I guess you can still use preprocing. Other than that yeah.. rejuv dps loss now

Ye my bad, my trinket display addon didnt sync correctly with my buffs.