Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10 has a LOT of work before it can be considered published imo.
    The basics of it runs fine, but programs like sony vegas, adobe premiere, xplit run way worse.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Windows 10 is better than both 8.1 and 7. 8.1 is better than 7. They should have discontinued sales of the outdated Win 7 on new computers months ago. No new machine should come with it installed. It probably also should not be available for retail purchase.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    It is, you just don't have the ability to analyze the network traffic that comes out of it.
    I don't? How do you know? You have no idea who I am, or what I do. You just assume things.

Just like you just assume things about Win 10 and start spewing shit you don't know anything about.

The problem with 10 is that runs shit on the background like keyloggers, a botnet and basically sends everything you do, everywhere you visit back to m$

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think Microsoft wants to get everyone using Windows 10.

A lot of businesses in the US still use XP.
    My freaking air force base still uses XP. It's like seriously? We're the most technologically advanced air force in the world and we're ten years behind on our office computers? The hell?

It's the Air Force man, I'd expect them to be on Windows Eleven now.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Windows 10 is better than both 8.1 and 7. 8.1 is better than 7. They should have discontinued sales of the outdated Win 7 on new computers months ago. No new machine should come with it installed. It probably also should not be available for retail purchase.
    8.1 isn't better than 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's important to try to reinvent the wheel every so often. Even if you're not successful, you learn things in the attempt because you're forced out of the status quo.
    You don't sell it as your main product though, that's silly.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I don't? How do you know? You have no idea who I am, or what I do. You just assume things.

Just like you just assume things about Win 10 and start spewing shit you don't know anything about.
    To understand his point of view, you have to acknowledge paranoia as the driving factor in how you perceive the world. It's pretty much the same kind of reaction that some people had when they had when they found out, surprisingly, that putting personal information on things like Facebook gives people your personal information, and went on rants about how evil Facebook is. Microsoft has always had the capacity to gather certain types of information if they had the need to; hell, what do people think crash reports are? They were just a bit more transparent about it and people started freaking out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    But it's not like they're discontinuing support for W7/8/8.1 yet right? It's all good then. Windows 10 isn't even that bad.
    Indeed, I upgraded to windows 10 not long ago and I quite like it now that I've gotten used to it. Just some stuff I'm not used to yet, but I'll get used to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    8.1 isn't better than 7.
    Matter of opinion. Win7 was a memory leaking mess. Win8 had a shitty start menu but was otherwise a perfectly functional OS. I very much preffered 8.1 over 7.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    The problem with 10 is that runs shit on the background like keyloggers, a botnet and basically sends everything you do, everywhere you visit back to m$
    Lol, what? Source please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Can't say I found any hidden processes like that, even knowing where to search for them. Win 8.1 was far more intrusive on your privacy than 10. It bugged you so much to sign in with your MS act and in general did some weird things.

Win 10 has removed that pushiness and near reliance of signing in with a MS acct. The UI is far smoother and the search bar is far more useful than any Windows to date.

8 was designed to be used on phones, tablets, and touch screens. Win 10 is just an improvement on 7 and got rid of or made optional a lot of the win 8 features.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Lol, what? Source please.
    If memory serves, greater ability to identify and interfere with things like pirated adobe paint and such was the big thing. A lot of "it isn't a problem if you aren't breaking the law" kinds of things.

If I despise windows 8 and love windows 7, is it worth upgrading to 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    To understand his point of view, you have to acknowledge paranoia as the driving factor in how you perceive the world. It's pretty much the same kind of reaction that some people had when they had when they found out, surprisingly, that putting personal information on things like Facebook gives people your personal information, and went on rants about how evil Facebook is. Microsoft has always had the capacity to gather certain types of information if they had the need to; hell, what do people think crash reports are? They were just a bit more transparent about it and people started freaking out.
    Nobody bats an eye at Google tracking everything you do on 90% of websites either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, I upgraded to windows 10 not long ago and I quite like it now that I've gotten used to it. Just some stuff I'm not used to yet, but I'll get used to it.
    After using the train wreck that was 8 for awhile, I very quickly settled into the new, far more reliable and useful features of 10. I was ready to put 8 off as a bad memory.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    If memory serves, greater ability to identify and interfere with things like pirated adobe paint and such was the big thing. A lot of "it isn't a problem if you aren't breaking the law" kinds of things.
    Oh, lol. Well, I mostly use open source stuff nowadays, like gimp and openoffice and so forth. <.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If I despise windows 8 and love windows 7, is it worth upgrading to 10?
    Yes. They scrapped a lot of the 8 features that made it more friendly to phones and less friendly to PCs, and it's basically an improved 7.

LoL@ People whining about W10 privacy and still using Facebook, Google or Apple products ..

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    10 would have been great if it was 7 (and 7 the newest version), and I'm perfectly happy to see 8 die horribly. At least I won't have people coming to me begging to get 8 off their machines anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, lol. Well, I mostly use open source stuff nowadays, like gimp and openoffice and so forth. <.<
    Ya, there's so many really good freeware programs out there. I still haven't found a media player as good as windows media classic.

I remember there was a lot of whining from art students and such about how they would probably have to pay for the software. A lot of "woe is me" bullcrap that basically comes down to "microsoft isn't letting me rip people off." There's more to it than just that, of course, but that's the part that really stuck out as just.... pure childish whininess from the anti-win10 crouwd.