Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Obama has lost over 900 state seats, 13 U.S. Senate and 11 Governors.

Since the past November election, Obama and the Democratic party have lost control of many of the states governance. Of course the Republicans say that this is a reflection on Obama and the Democratic Party policies. While the Democrats will say that this is mainly from losing badly in the mid term elections.

The Democrat party's strategy of being "competitive" in 50 states has not been working out. While the Republicans 50 state strategy seems to have taken control of many states. Now making them "red" states as far as state government.

Obama’s record for losses, at least through the 2014 midterms, is historically bad having overseen two horrible midterm elections for Democrats. Overall, Sabato wrote, Democrats during Obama’s presidency lost 11 governorships, 13 U.S. Senate seats, 69 House seats, and 913 state legislative seats and 30 state legislative chambers. (Our analysis of legislative seats is off from Sabato’s by three. The small discrepancy is likely due to run-offs and recounts.)
    http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...egislatures-o/
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

What's funny about these threads is apparently Obama controls state seats, senators, and governors.

Nothing else, it's all big boogeyman Obama.

It's the end of an 8 year term, this happens to nearly all presidents, people want a change after 8 years.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's the end of an 8 year term, this happens to nearly all presidents, people want a change after 8 years.
    Not to this extent...definitely a referendum on Obama's policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    What's funny about these threads is apparently Obama controls state seats, senators, and governors.

Well again can be said that it is a reflection of Obama. Now I'll admit and I drank the Kool Aid from a talking point where they said: "Most state elections have turned into national elections and agenda on the nation".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Change is national elections. Such a President from different party and Senate seats being lost. Not state and local elections.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

It was felt here in Virginia. Democrats poured in millions and didn't pick up a single state senate seat. They only needed to take one from Republicans for a majority but couldn't even get that. I'm kinda upset over it but at the same time take solace in seeing our governor upset too.
    Last edited by Slaskra; 2015-11-05 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Well again can be said that it is a reflection of Obama. Now I'll admit and I drank the Kool Aid from a talking point where they said: "Most state elections have turned into national elections and agenda on the nation"..
    I guess it is true that the people who think the president has the amount of power over everything he's blamed for would be the same people that would use a vote to "stick it to him" when they're utterly unrelated.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

I was thinking the same. There are a lot of paranoid people who buy into a whole lot of BS...

Funny thing is a democrat will still be elected come next Nov. People, for whatever reason only think they have to vote every 4 years for the president. The Republicans capitalize on this. I have a feeling that will change more as this country ages.

Inb4 "I blame Bush."
    "He tasks me! He tasks me, and I shall have him!"--Khan Noonien Singh

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What does this have to do with Obama?

He won his 2 terms in office. He is pretty successful IMHO.

The rest of the Democrats ...
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

He doesn't control seats, but he is the face of the Democratic party, much the same way Bush was to the Republican. Look at any race in 2008, and you will see a democrat trying to tie a republican to Bush

*commercial - here is Bush enjoying a coke, you know who else enjoys a coke? Joe Republican! A vote for Joe Republican is a vote for Bush(phase out ominous music)*
    Both sides do it because it works, the average voter is a moron, will criticize Bush for the Iraq war but not the Democrat congressman who voted so we could go to war. LOL
    Last edited by zenkai; 2015-11-05 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    What does this have to do with Obama?

He won his 2 terms in office. He is pretty successful IMHO.

The rest of the Democrats ...
    The POTUS is the leader of that party. Thus Obama is the leader of the Democratic Party. His policies or lack there of, depends how you see it. Reflects on how the Americans view that party. All the polls and stats show that Americans basically hate the shit out of our government. These results show again, at least at the state level they seem to be blaming one party more than another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He doesn't control seats, but he is the face of the Democratic party, much the same way Bush was to the Republican. Look at any race in 2008, and you will see a democrat trying to tie a republican to Bush

*commercial - here is Bush enjoying a coke, you know who else enjoys a coke? Joe Republican! A vote for Joe Republican is a vote for Bush(phase out ominous)*
    Both sides do it because it works, the average voter is a moron, will criticize Bush for the Iraq war but not the Democrat congressman who voted so we could go to war. LOL
    But Bush started a useless expensive war and destroyed the economy with said war coupled with his tax cuts coupled with his party's lax regulations on banks...

Quote Originally Posted by Caanrial View Post
    Inb4 "I blame Bush."
    I blame Obama is going to be the new meme next year. Going to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    The POTUS is the leader of that party. Thus Obama is the leader of the Democratic Party. His policies or lack there of, depends how you see it. Reflects on how the Americans view that party. All the polls and stats show that Americans basically hate the shit out of our government. These results show again, at least at the state level they seem to be blaming one party more than another.
    Republicans always have a higher turnout during midterm elections.

It's been 8 years, people will want change by now. I don't agree with Obama on everything, I don't think he is as bad as some claim, but 8 years is a long time.

The issue is people will just start to vote because they want something fresh, but will still vote for party lines and their typical voting patterns. They won't vote for the best candidate(s).

Yes the pendulum swings with every 2 term president regardless of party....however we have not seen a shift this drastic basically ever. The democratic party was basically infected with a disease called "progressives". Hell I've even changed my affiliation from democrat to independent because these morons are infecting everything with their PC nonsense.

average 40% voter turn out (low voter turn out heavly favors GOP), end of term president, gerrymandering. Heck even after bush Dems barely had majority as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    Republicans always have a higher turnout during midterm elections.
    Gonna need you to back up that claim there hoss.