Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    so... totally called it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...amazon-1113803

the deal is not finalized, but looking very promising.

and shoot, I'm a day late posting it :P oh well. still. CALLED IT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Is The Expanse too dark and violent for the average American TV viewer? Is there too much war and politics as well as science?

Would they prefer something like Guardians of the Galaxy or a lighthearted Mass Effect like show?

Or are mainstream viewers too cynical to see humanity becoming an interstellar civilization?
    just saw this one. completely off base on all counts. expanse gets a LOT of watching. its just

1. sci-fi only comes as part of streaming packages/live cable and fewer and fewer people subscribe to cable, or watch shows live. most of us stream it
    2. becasue of the above, sci-fi, who made an absolutely atrocious deal for this show, was losing money since most watchers were NOT watching it live, while they only made money of first, LIVE screening of episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    1. sci-fi only comes as part of streaming packages/live cable and fewer and fewer people subscribe to cable, or watch shows live. most of us stream it
    2. becasue of the above, sci-fi, who made an absolutely atrocious deal for this show, was losing money since most watchers were NOT watching it live, while they only made money of first, LIVE screening of episodes.
    I didn't know their deal was that shitty. I wondered why they never did marathons, and the only time they ever repeated an episode was like 3 or 4am.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    I didn't know their deal was that shitty. I wondered why they never did marathons, and the only time they ever repeated an episode was like 3 or 4am.
    yep. whoever negotiated that, should not be allowed to negotiate contracts again, until they learn to not be so terrible at it. I'm actualy surprised Expanse lasted on sci-fi as long as it did, given above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Thank Jeff Bezos, The Expanse is saved!
    Another soldier fallen in the battle against the oligarchs. rip comrade.

Deleted
    Oh boy! Better and better with (P)each episode.

Holy fuck, this episode... as brutal as I imagined it.

Quote Originally Posted by hombi View Post
    Oh boy! Better and better with (P)each episode.
    Took me a minute to figure out who that was.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Expanse is officially saved by Amazon/Jeff.

I am so happy, I needed some good news in my life.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Amazon picked up The Expanse!!

http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-expa...on-1202398511/

Edit: Aaaand I got bloody ninja'd

10+ Year Old Account
    So ladies & gents, while I made this thread I never actually ended up watching this. I watched Lost in Space, Altered Carbon but have not seen this.

Worth a watch, I heard start of the show was little rough but got better, is it true?
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    So ladies & gents, while I made this thread I never actually ended up watching this. I watched Lost in Space, Altered Carbon but have not seen this.

Worth a watch, I heard start of the show was little rough but got better, is it true?
    The start is indeed rough and kinda slow and you won't like the characters in the beggining.

But it grows on you, and when it does, it becomes the best SF airing in a while.

I'm glad The Expanse got saved but I still miss my other favorite show from the SYFY channel called Dark Matter.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
    I'm glad The Expanse got saved but I still miss my other favorite show from the SYFY channel called Dark Matter.
    The characters are so lovable and adorable in Dark Matter. Reminds me a lot of Firefly. Also, huge plot hook at the very beginning. Too bad it never got finished though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
    I lost a lot of interest in the last season. I'm not sure why as I often give pass even on below average sci-fi since it's my favorite genre, but Dark Matter while I loved it early on, I ended up hating it final season.
    Glad The Expanse is saved! It's my favorite show!

15+ Year Old Account
    I love how they went the distance to make every side unique.
    But especially the Belters. They have their own accent, and have you noticed how pretty much every Belter is skinny? It fits perfectly with their lifestyle.
    There's a lot of thought and care put into this show that I think a lot of people don't appreciate.
    I have not read the book(s) but The Expanse is setting a stage that could potentially run for tens of seasons. Also, Thomas Jane is a fantastic actor. I've seen a lot of his movies. He's very versatile like Christian Bale. And what he says in the last episode "When I exceed my boundary conditions that's when they kill me" is pretty freaky, it reminds me of Roko's Basilisk.

Pretty sure The Expanse is picked up by Amazon because what Bezos wants most is to put humans on Mars XD

Every episode this season has been better than the last. This fucking show...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Is The Expanse too dark and violent for the average American TV viewer? Is there too much war and politics as well as science?
    No the networks are just fucking dumb thats all They dont care what the viewers like and strangely rely on the same thing they did in the 80ies -> Nielson which is in itself complete Bullocks in a global world....

Oh man, this season is only getting better. My only complaint is that they don't have a bigger budget for spaceship/ring cgi.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Oh man, this season is only getting better. My only complaint is that they don't have a bigger budget for spaceship/ring cgi.
    No complaints for me... I actually find the CGI in The Expanse fantastic, way above your average TV show, `losing`only to HBO shows.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    No complaints for me... I actually find the CGI in The Expanse fantastic, way above your average TV show, `losing`only to HBO shows.
    I second this. The effects are above average.