Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    The show didn't have to answer all questions in detail, but at the very least it could have shed some more light on the mysterious builders and the other entities... and what was going on at Laconia and possibly other ring gate systems. That would've been way more interesting than the Naomi/Inaros/Philip/Belter overkill we had in seasons 5 and 6. The finale of Season 3 made such a great promise, with basically the universe opening up and new discoveries and mysteries on the horizon, but it was never delivered upon. I still like The Expanse for what it is, but I agree with those who say it's almost like two different shows.

Babylon 5, now that's a sci-fi show with a good ending. There were still many questions in the end, yet it was a satisfying finale where nothing more needed to be said. They handled that beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    The show didn't have to answer all questions in detail, but at the very least it could have shed some more light on the mysterious builders and the other entities... and what was going on at Laconia and possibly other ring gate systems. That would've been way more interesting than the Naomi/Inaros/Philip/Belter overkill we had in seasons 5 and 6. The finale of Season 3 made such a great promise, with basically the universe opening up and new discoveries and mysteries on the horizon, but it was never delivered upon. I still like The Expanse for what it is, but I agree with those who say it's almost like two different shows.

Babylon 5, now that's a sci-fi show with a good ending. There were still many questions in the end, yet it was a satisfying finale where nothing more needed to be said. They handled that beautifully.
    It was the opposite for me. Season 4 was somewhat disappointing since it took us away from the solar system which was really interesting and rare. Earthlike planets with rubber faced aliens that otherwise look like humans on the other hand has been done to death and I was glad we actually didn't get to see any.

Just finished it. Although the series was, as a whole pretty good, and the final season was also decent enough, I must say, sci-fi series are always big, there's tons of things to explore, explain, and I was hopping for a lot of that. Sure, human drama is always necessary, but it's a sci-fi show, I need that unknown being explored and explained, EXPANDED!

Need more...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you are losing out.

that said I do hope they have a chance to tell the rest of the stories after the time skip because everything from the strange dogs to the laconian orbit, to protomolecule and things inside the rings, etc - its built up to for a reason. unfortunately there was absolutely no way for them to try to wrap the story without those plots because then the rest of the stories would fall apart as well. I still feel like the ending wasn't so bad as a stopping point though. yeah, all these threats are looming, but our heroes won. for now.
    It seems like they did the best they could with having to leave so much unanswered. I am very glad they focused on the Marco story line and left the dogs/laconian/protomolecule alone.

I haven't read the books - what happens with the time skip?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It seems like they did the best they could with having to leave so much unanswered. I am very glad they focused on the Marco story line and left the dogs/laconian/protomolecule alone.

I haven't read the books - what happens with the time skip?
    those lights in the sky that Duarte was staring at? shipyards. protomolecule shipyards that he was able to activate and utilize. He also authorizes experiments with protomolecule, creating hybrids out of "criminals" (undesirables basically) to help him with activating protomolecule tech. as well as researching the immortality potential that those dogs on Laconia bring, so that he can continue ruling his empire indefinitely) he basically comes back through the gates and takes over first the Medina station and then the rest of the galaxy for the glory of the Laconian empire. and the entities in the gates? wake up a bit more. our heroes are not happy about it. obviously. resistance ensues. its sort of a setup in a nutshell