Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I looked up some of the "proof" against Cas.

It's basically messages with a name Cas and his photo, no way to prove it really is him.

This is one example of what these "proofs" look like:

And one of the "proofs" is this:

I mean, what the fuck, you can't talk to women like this anymore?

On a side note, totally unrelated to Cas and sexual harassment, being a white male feels like being a sin right now.
    EVEN IF YOU BEHAVE, YOU'RE JUDGED.
    You know what, as a white male, I'm going to start pushing back.
    Completely off topic, but I can't help thinking:
    Pretty tame texts. I've had women send me much, MUCH, worse. Guess I should keep them in case something comes up down the road.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will not defend him if he's proven guilty. In fact, I actually think he's guilty.
    Still, I'm not going to hang the man without proof.
    "Innocent until proven guilty" is a legal right. When did that change?

And I hate the current cancel culture so I will push against it whenever I get the chance.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will not defend him if he's proven guilty. In fact, I actually think he's guilty.
    Still, I'm not going to hang the man without proof.
    "Innocent until proven guilty" is a legal right. When did that change?

And I hate the current cancel culture so I will push against it whenever I get the chance.
    It hasn't changed. It's still is and always will be ONLY a legal concept. Thats just means the judge/jury can't prejudge. It has nothing to do with regular people.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

This season... I kept hoping it does something, but it was flat.

Some Avasarala bits were great, but other than that... Crazed belters wanting blood, Naomi heavy breathing... Holden just Holden...

No backstory for the gun-man on Roci who missed the proto missile by 'accident'...

AAnd the end to see that there's actually a masterplan with the proto? By martians? To revive an ancient et civilization, in order to get wiped out...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    what do you mean? it was never ok to talk to us like that...
    It was, is, and will be. It's called flirting and teasing. Just because you don't like this kind of thing - doesn't mean it's not ok. Everyone's different. Don't generalize your own attitute.

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-02-05 at 05:31 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I liked this season but I agree. Looking back, not much really happened, on-screen at least. All the storylines were fairly linear and buy the book. The entire season is just getting the characters in a particular spot. The only real 'changes' is that we got to see some of Amos's background, Julie's sister is humanized, Alex is dead, Drummer getting some personality. The Earth was never really the focus so it doesn't matter besides worldbuilding. Belters are fighting their same fight with a crazier leader. Proto-molecule is still around...what a surprise and still spooky(/s).

If not for being a great sci-fi world I might have stopped watching it since the story wasn't particularly interesting.
    I am simply flabbergasted how some people can have your opinion...personaly i felt that this was the best season by far,our characters were in different places and we finnaly got to explore some of their past,naomi and amos mostly,holden was for the first time forced to sit on the sideline and not able to play the hero

marco inaros is an awsome villain,playing this confident in control mastermind,but the cracks are there,he seems more like a child drunk on power more than trying to help belters,and we are reminded of the real danger our there,marco is just there in the story to help push uniting the other factions to face the real danger

this show is just awsome,gives me some serious mass effect vibes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    And proof of that is... where? Words of some random girls? Without evidence it is all a bullshit and bias. If he's proven guilty I'll first vote to send him to jail for several years at least, but if it is proven. Otherwise it is prejudication, and it happens more and more often. And it ill end up in a bad bad way.

- - - Updated - - -

Evidence is found? Please share it with us. I'm dead serious.
    he is not in legal issues,what he did isnt against the law,however it does give the show the right to kick his ass out if their image can be tainted by his actions

Not really much happening in the season that could not be summarized in one episode. But still very entertaining, although that "Quaid start the reactor" ending was rather lame.

Btw, while I cannot have any opinion of how justified writing off Cas was, I think that the way it is done for the character Alex was really bad. He deservered more, he wasn't even mentioned in Aviseralas speech, heck they didn't even talk about it on the Roci. No burial, no rememberance.

Got proof of that besides allegedly his messages to people where it says so?

I could create a contact with your name and picture and start sending around messages that would make you look like you're harassing people.
    The world is rotten. Be it men who harass women but there are also plenty of fake rape accusations out there.
    you really think they would fire one of their star actors and not actualy find out if those texts are fake or not?who the heck are you kidding here?we live in an era of extreme and easy deepfakes,they ofc confirmed it was him

also dozens of women must really hate him for ''faking'' all those texts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you really think they would fire one of their star actors and not actualy find out if those texts are fake or not?
    Of course, they would. it's all about money, and if there are a lot of bad pr happening - they will definitely minimize the risks. No matte if it's true or not. The outrage is real regardless. That's what cancel culture is all about.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Of course, they would. it's all about money, and if there are a lot of bad pr happening - they will definitely minimize the risks. No matte if it's true or not. The outrage is real regardless. That's what cancel culture is all about.
    oh i agree the bottom line is what matters,its better to fire this pervert than risk the show being canceled (・ω・)b

he is not in legal issues,what he did isnt against the law,however it does give the show the right to kick his ass out if their image can be tainted by his actions
    What he did is against the law, if proven so. But to fire someone just because of some tweets and screenshot is Pandora box that we opened in 2017, and it can be done to anyone, whether guilty or not. Cancel culture in its finest.

- - - Updated - - -

oh i agree the bottom line is what matters,its better to fire this pervert than risk the show being canceled (・ω・)b
    Or he is not pervert and they just fired innocent man.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    What he did is against the law, if proven so. But to fire someone just because of some tweets and screenshot is Pandora box that we opened in 2017, and it can be done to anyone, whether guilty or not. Cancel culture in its finest.

- - - Updated - - -

Or he is not pervert and they just fired innocent man.
    he is not innocent,he didnt even deny it,the texts are out there and confirmed,get over it,yeah...getting fired for just being a sick pervert may be unfair in your opinion,but its a private company that wants to protect its image and potential sales/viewership

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'm actually surprised that people still take simple screenshots and such seriously, considering how staggeringly easy they are to forge.
    pretty sure they arent stupid,and its confirmed,he didnt even deny it ffs

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure they arent stupid,and its confirmed,he didnt even deny it ffs
    Confirmed how? Do you have details of the private investigation? Or are you just basing your assumptions on his removal?

Confirmed how? Do you have details of the private investigation? Or are you just basing your assumptions on his removal?
    you would think a person acused by 30+ women would come out and defend himself if they all faked sexual harasment texts because you know...he could easily prove them fake

10+ Year Old Account
    you would think a person acused by 30+ women would come out and defend himself if they all faked sexual harasment texts because you know...he could easily prove them fake
    First of all, you are making another logical fallacy here.
    Secondly:
    "Cas Anvar on Monday morning issued a statement regarding the independent investigation into sexual misconduct allegations that was launched by series studio Alcon Entertainment. “I welcome the independent investigation, respect that the women who have come forward should be heard, and will make myself fully available to participate in the process as appropriate so that I may refute these very serious claims that strike at the core of what I value,” he said."
    Thirdly, the accusations were in the CRIMINAL territory, so if the investigation has found them to be true - their legal duty would've been to report them to the police. They didn't.

It looks like a pr disaster. The accusation has been made, the cancel-mob campaign has been started, the investigation turned out nothing serious, but they couldn't just say that those women lied - that would've been victim-blaming. So bye-bye Cas.

First of all, you are making another logical fallacy here.
    Secondly:
    "Cas Anvar on Monday morning issued a statement regarding the independent investigation into sexual misconduct allegations that was launched by series studio Alcon Entertainment. “I welcome the independent investigation, respect that the women who have come forward should be heard, and will make myself fully available to participate in the process as appropriate so that I may refute these very serious claims that strike at the core of what I value,” he said."
    Thirdly, the accusations were in the CRIMINAL territory, so if the investigation has found them to be true - their legal duty would've been to report them to the police. They didn't.

It looks like a pr disaster. The accusation has been made, the cancel-mob campaign has been started, the investigation turned out nothing serious, but they couldn't just say that those women lied - that would've been victim-blaming. So bye-bye Cas.
    outch,so he even came out with an obvious claim admiting he is guilty,the part where he says ''claims that strike at the core of what i value'' is lawyer pr talk,thats not what an innocent person says,well...thanks for confirming it...good riddance to bad rubbish,hopefuly hes done in the industry,another one bites the dust ヅ

This is not the subforum to discuss these topics. Further attempts to derail the thread or bring up forbidden topics will be met with infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    what do you mean? it was never ok to talk to us like that...
    I've been paying attention to the dating scene the past year, online dating forums, advice columns, self-help books, youtube channels... You would be shocked, shocked, at the number of men with stories saying they never got any action until they started talking like that. (after working on their looks, physique, and income of course.)

I grew up in a "Christian values," treat everyone with respect, home. If there's one thing I've picked up on about messages surrounding modern dating...it's how useless that "slow" approach seems to be in turning matches into dates.

Models, one of the highest selling and most praised dating advice books for men, literally has a section telling guys to be forward and antagonistic early and often.

Discussing forbidden topics on this subforum is against the rules. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-02-06 at 08:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am simply flabbergasted how some people can have your opinion...personaly i felt that this was the best season by far,our characters were in different places and we finnaly got to explore some of their past,naomi and amos mostly,holden was for the first time forced to sit on the sideline and not able to play the hero

marco inaros is an awsome villain,playing this confident in control mastermind,but the cracks are there,he seems more like a child drunk on power more than trying to help belters,and we are reminded of the real danger our there,marco is just there in the story to help push uniting the other factions to face the real danger

this show is just awsome,gives me some serious mass effect vibes
    I didn't say that I didn't like the season.

Resident Cosplay Progressive