Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    yeah my bad, forgot about fire mages.

We'll have to wait and see I guess eh

Homophobia is so gay.

dagger is... well shit isn't even strong enough word!

if it doesn't come with an offhand it will be pretty disappointing. you'll be less powerful than another class with a 2H and you'll have to get offhands from raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    if it doesn't come with an offhand it will be pretty disappointing. you'll be less powerful than another class with a 2H and you'll have to get offhands from raids
    They've already said there won't be any weapon drops in Legion. If there is no off-hand, they'd simply balance the dagger to have the stats a 2H weapon would.

But I think there was some mention of artifact off-hands with visuals, that just aren't being shown right now, in one of the other threads on this forum.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    I like the weapon variations. They could've just given every caster a staff and be done with it but that would've been too boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    You seriously think they're making this whole new system and isn't balancing every artifact to be exactly as powerful on that stats side as each other? Artifacts isn't a weapon per se, it's a stat stick. The dagger you get as Shadow will be the same in the stats it gives as the staff you get as an Arcane Mage. No weapons, offhands or shields will drop.

They should've given holy and shadow a staff and disc a mace + off-hand. Since the description of the disc priest(on the artifact page for priest) is that they balance holy and shadow, the mace could've represented holy and the off-hand shadow for example.

On my shadowpriest transmog I always work with the silhouette rather than what the items actually look like, so a dagger won't cut it for me.

Are wands being removed in Legion?

Just think that it could've been a mace. But yes, having balance druids get MY Scythe of Elune while I'm stuck with Not'Alock, shiv of the Underwhelming pisses me off abundantly. I really hope they at least let us xmog into holy/disc artifacts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    Are wands being removed in Legion?
    No wands in legion that we have seen
    Most wands look awful though so this is a good thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Artifacts with only one 1-hander will also get an artifact visual off-hand to go with it, it won't be an item however just a visual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by vavlqlw View Post
    Here's the thing. It's a dagger, so it will consist of a hilt and a short blade, which leaves very little room for designs. On top of that, because it's a dagger and not a 2h and we're not a class the swings a weapon, it will be invisible. So while other classes get to customize their artifact, we visually do not have one. It hangs at our side, invisible, and irrelevant.

And transmog doesn't help, because we'd still have to transmog it to a dagger.
    Uhm... Are you sure about that? These things are going to be glowing like crazy...

this is how I imagine they came to this weapon design.

Not a huge fan since daggers are small and on our sides. I'm hopeful there will be an equpped shadowy void aura.

they will be glowing alright, but there's also shadowform, which will probably supress any good looking aura or glow. sucks if you're not willing to give up the shadowy awesomeness like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by methz View Post
    ...and our aoe, it's just ridiculous. i swear i saw mind sear heal the mobs i was searing. i think it also apologized to them and wished them a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    they will be glowing alright, but there's also shadowform, which will probably supress any good looking aura or glow. sucks if you're not willing to give up the shadowy awesomeness like me.
    Well, they said that as your insanity builds up, your shadowform gets darker and darker. So I think, we'll get something similar for the weapon. Maybe the weapon we choose will make our "transformation" look different ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "All of the caster Artifact weapons that look they are 1H do have off-hands."

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ter-Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Firemages dont have an offhand for their sword
    It has been mentioned that if there is an artifact offhand or main hand that is not a twohander, then it has a mainhand/offhand respectively fitting.

To be honest, I would pref a dark wicked wand!

Hate the weapon.

Hate the changes. If I wanted to be a demo lock, I'd be a lock.

I don't mind the dagger, besides they're talking of being able to mog it to anything, so not sure if wep mog locks will still apply. You could still mog it into a staff! (hopefully)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    besides they're talking of being able to mog it to anything
    Where did you see this?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.