Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Fallout 4 or LoTV?

So simple question, both of these two games come out Tuesday at the same exact time for me, I can't decided which one to dive head into for an 8hr splurge. Wanted to get some other opinions of which to go at first. :-)

Deleted
    Well, you could activate FO4 via a NZ VPN, play it till LoTV goes live, switch, go to bed.

They're two completely different games, so It's hard to compare. Some would say LoTV would get you more replay value, but I'm not one of those players who can play starcraft 10 hours a day every day. I would get more enjoyment out of FO4.

SC for the campaign and story, can probably knock it out in 1-2 sittings. FO4 is a much bigger time investment and will take longer to beat, so that comes after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flip a coin and go with whatever you hope it lands on.

Personally I'd play Fallout 4 but I don't like Starcraft .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

would reccomend to start with LoTV, coz knowing Bethesda it probably would have lots of bugs on release day
    though they are different but both worth to play, so I'm in same sitaution...

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    would reccomend to start with LoTV, coz knowing Bethesda it probably would have lots of bugs on release day
    Whilst both Fo3 and FNV ( Obsidian ) had bugs , i never truly found them game breaking or detrimental of the overall first experience.
    I highly recommend Fo4 over LoTV. And like the other person said, use a VPN to spoof an IP in either NZ or Australia to access the game 12 -11 hours sooner.

Even though the Terms of service dictate that it's against it, ive done it for every major release that opened in the US prior to EU and have never been banned. Using a VPN to bypass pricing on games ( for example get access to a russian IP to buy games at 1/3d the price ) that will get you banned pretty damn fast.

Because multi million corporations can bypass laws for benefits, but if a citizen does it it's considered border line criminal.

This is a tough cookie indeed.
    I'm just super hyped for both.

On one hand, I know for certain, playing through the LotV campaign is going to be a great experience.
    But on the other hand, Fallout 4 just look's like it's going to be so much fun. And I have a couple of friend's who are just diehard fans of the entire series. So I'm probably leaning towards giving Fallout a go first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

I'll evolve into an octisapien and play both at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are interested in multiplayer, LoTV hands down. For sole single player - Fallout 4 would probably be better. LoTV is probably worth it for playing single player only too, but Blizzard's RTS campaigns are short, and you will probably be done in 2-3 days, while with Fallout 4 you might play for months, given how huge the game is.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

LOTV is the final chapter of SC2. I will not have it spoiled. So, bought it and excited to play it!

Also bought Overwatch, waiting with Legion until I know more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    I'm thinking the opposite. Both because bethesda bugs often get hilarious, and blizzard release days are completely awful. Remember any wow expansion/diablo3/sc2(and it's expansions)? Their servers get overloaded and you get a 3007.

10+ Year Old Account
    why not both :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    why not both :P
    While I have two screens, I don't think I can multi-task THAT well.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, since fallout 4 will be arriving by mail, which is about near the evening, im gonna be playing LOTV until it does. took the day off
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    SC2 is a game i really want to try as i always played Red alert 2, C&C, Tiberian Sun and i even played the first AoE online.
    Looking at the pro's play during blizzcon though, i just feel too fucking old to even try it knowing i get stomped like every game.

Fallout 4 is a nobrainer really. I think its gonna reach GTA 5 numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 4, without a doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 4. StarCraft is a decent RTS, but it ain't exactly Red Alert 3 or anything. Fallout 4 is FALLOUT 4!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    SC2 is a game i really want to try as i always played Red alert 2, C&C, Tiberian Sun and i even played the first AoE online.
    Looking at the pro's play during blizzcon though, i just feel too fucking old to even try it knowing i get stomped like every game.
    You don't have to play ladder though. There is a lot of arcade maps with casual and not-so-casual players. If I'm correct, you can even play arcade maps for free, if you have a Blizzard account, so you might try it and see if it is your cup of tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Completely different games, but I'd give it to Fallout 4.