Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Think im gonna go with FO4 and pick it up at 11, and start playing right at like 11:30 when I get it installed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am leaning towards Lotv.

It is going to be out on midnight. It will take a much shorter time to finish the story mode. Fallout 4 will take a whole lot longer if you want to finish it and still explorer, fallout 4 will also see more fixes, patches and mods that make the experience better the longer the game comes out. Blizzard games generally haven't had major game breaking bugs in their products their service might be a bit problematic on big releases but it's generally corrected rather fast their network seems to be able to adapt relatively fast and it's not likely you'll see something as a WoD scenario for technical reasons.

It will take me about a day or two to finish lotv, depends how "balls to the walls crazy" i go for it.

.....Why not both?

That's what I did. Bought LotV a while ago when it first went up for preorder, saved up again, then bought FO4. I mainly play SC2 for the campaign, so that won't take me long to beat then I can focus on FO4.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Fallout 4. StarCraft is a decent RTS, but it ain't exactly Red Alert 3 or anything. Fallout 4 is FALLOUT 4!!!!
    You're kidding, right? RA3 was okay but it was nothing compared to the C&Cs that came before it. SC2 is better than RA3 in nearly every way. But the big difference here is RA is more casual while SC is more hardcore with more microing of your units and such.

Story-wise SC2 blows RA3 out of the water. But they are two different types of story. SC2 is extremely serious, and takes itself as such. RA3 is more like a low-budget B movie with cheesy live action....but it is meant to be that way. Still, SC2's campaign experience is the best RTS campaign I've ever played from a story-telling point of view.

The best RA, and arguably best C&C in general, was RA2 btw.
    Last edited by Keile; 2015-11-08 at 10:42 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    The best RA, and arguably best C&C in general, was RA2 btw.
    I agree, but it kinda feels just a little bit dated. Not to mention I LOVE playing as the Empire of the Rising Sun. Still, I do miss bombing my enemies to hell and back with a fleet of armored zeppelins...and that ain't happening in 3.

LoTV because Star Craft is epic.

Well both are ready to play in 28 hours from now since both are bought and paid for, just gotta pick them up/start playing for SC2......Fallout 4 may win I think.

LOTV For me first. Mainly due to the fact I really want to see the story and how it all ends. Also Fallout 4 is going to consume 5x the amount of hours LOTV will for me so I'd just knock out the shorter game first.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're one of those korean kids I watched this weekend this is a no brainer.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Deleted

Pick a cheap Keyseller and you get them for not much over 60$ together.

Got LotV for 23.74€ on CDKeys and Fallout 4 on GMG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes

LotV first because other people want to play Fallout 4 and it's faster to complete the story
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 4 for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be playing the FFXIV patch that launches tomarrow instaead of either of those things

A lot of people think this is a thread asking which is better... it's not. They're both excellent games but different types of games.

If you are going to play both, then I'd suggest LoTV first. It's shorter and its story is an extension of previous games (more lore). Fallout 4 will be a better game in my opinion, but it's story is it's own and it will take much longer to go through. I'm personally going to play LotV for the campaign, beat it, then play Fallout 4. Will likely do some SC2 multi at some point too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewh, I hope you mean 2
    Red Alert 2 was great back in the day, especially Yuri's Revenge. But if I were to recommend a RTS to anyone now, I would say 3. Then Brutal Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame View Post
    A lot of people think this is a thread asking which is better... it's not. They're both excellent games but different types of games.

If you are going to play both, then I'd suggest LoTV first. It's shorter and its story is an extension of previous games (more lore). Fallout 4 will be a better game in my opinion, but it's story is it's own and it will take much longer to go through. I'm personally going to play LotV for the campaign, beat it, then play Fallout 4. Will likely do some SC2 multi at some point too.
    And again, blizzard on launch day does not have a good record. I wish you luck though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    And again, blizzard on launch day does not have a good record. I wish you luck though.
    Diablo and Draenor indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Diablo and Draenor indeed.
    And MoP, and Cata, and Wrath... TBC and Vanilla had problems too, but not the same kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going with LOTV. I will play FO4 at some point. My reasoning is this. LOTV will be what it will be now and for the foreseeable future, balance changes aside. FO4 will have DLC. It will most likely have terrible bugs. It will have a GOTY edition that I'll be able to pick up. Also, my computer is getting old, and I plan on getting something new soon. I want FO4 when I get a new PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    I'm going with LOTV. I will play FO4 at some point. My reasoning is this. LOTV will be what it will be now and for the foreseeable future, balance changes aside. FO4 will have DLC. It will most likely have terrible bugs. It will have a GOTY edition that I'll be able to pick up. Also, my computer is getting old, and I plan on getting something new soon. I want FO4 when I get a new PC.
    Makes sense, but I haven't seen many bugs so far. For a Bethesda game, it is shockingly stable.