Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayelie View Post
    Imagine 10 infernals for 10 seconds on a 10 min CD. And they all explode. Which applies a DoT. Which explodes when done.
    imagine 100 infernals for 100 seconds also 5 pitlords, 50 doomguards and 200 felguards
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    That's just great design there. Chance to summon three imps when an infernal explodes, and when the dots explode.
    I'll add you as a reference when I send a resume to Blizz

I'll add you as a reference when I send a resume to Blizz
    Idk, they got rid of their last good lock dev back in MoP, be careful Naye Blizz does not take kindly to people who want to see warlocks in a strong place.

Armory^

Love it love it so playing my,lock demo and off spec affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Metamorphosis sucks, and has always been a demon hunter ability co-opted for locks because demon hunters weren't a class in WoW. Warlocks control demons, they don't become one.
    Kanrethrad says hi. Thus you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Then we could have Stampede, and like Dreadstalkers being analogous to Dire Beast, we could be even more like BM Hunters!
    This. New demo is pretty much a spitting image of BM. Then add in that all specs use soul shards now...

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    You aren't my real dad.

You traitor druid.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

casters don't use their weapons anyway...

If it even does ONE animation while you cast...you win

Unholy is already better then Demo pet wise, they get two permanents

Your Raise Dead spell summons an additional skeletal minion, and its cooldown is removed.

Armory^

/sigh Fuck Blizzard. They create demon hunters by killing a warlock spec. Great move. It wasn't enough that Illidan took on warlock powers as a demon hunter, the thing that made him unique, but seriously, That is what blizzard does, it makes unique characters and then makes every other character equal to that character. So, what's next, holy priests being able to use bows, like Tyrande?

Warlocks, specifically the Demo warlock should have always had Apotheosis as part of their spec (functions like shadowform for shadow priests, just that it gives the warlock a set of wings) and boost to dark metamorphosis as a CD, while, if a demon hunter was going to have a similar ability, should be more or less limited in power and/or strength. I would say the same thing about a necromancer if one was put into the game, They are not Death Knights that don't use weapons. While a DK would be able to summon an army of undead once every 10 minutes, and the undead minions dying after 30-40 seconds, a necromancer should be able to conjure the same army every 3 minutes, and once there, the minions don't die until killed, or 5 minutes elapses. A necromancer's powers, while similar, should hurt a lot more than a death knights, to make up for the fact that they are casters, and not melee weapon users. That's probably why they don't exist in WoW as playable classes.

Closing thoughts: Why is this game not as successful as it was?many could suggest it's old, and nearly run its course, and that might be on some level true. A more feasible reason is because the game is being purposefully killed. Nothing is ever done in moderation. New expacs are never actual expansions, they are in a lot of ways stand alone games. The changes are not expansions, they are rewrites of the game, and reinventing the wheel every time makes for a shitty game, especially when you consider that in these changes, we keep losing things we want to keep and don't always get something of equal or greater ability for the things we lose. We tend to have useless, or rarely used abilities while other less than awesome abilities, stats or game play mechanics are kept in, as if they were beloved, when in fact, they are hated. We were in a decent place at the end of MoP, as far as players and abilities were concerned. If the game was left alone, and a couple new abilities were added to make a subtle change for the next expansion as we leveled, there would most likely be a lot less weeping and gnashing of teeth. But no one has considered trying it this way because that isn't the way it is.

Example: we have 6 million current players, all who have their classes made to order, and they are, more or less, happy with their classes. The end of the game is upon us, and we want to introduce a new class to the game. A lot less will go into the class creation if we keep going with the other classes as they are. Instead, we opt to make this class and fundamentally change every other class. So, Blizzcon occurs, and there is a lot more hype, but there is also a much greater chance that the changes will actually piss people off, instead. Had we went the other way, and said, "Classes are for the most part staying the way they are, what would we get? Well, a lot of people who may have had a little trepidation about their beloved characters getting beat to death with a nerf bat are alleviated, and new abilities are introduced. And with the characters not being traumatically fucked with, that frees up manpower to concentrate on the content, and creates the potential to have a few more additions to game play and world play. There is really nothing quite like getting yourself to 110, only to learn the class you selected, you hate, because it was nothing like you remember from last expac. When you reroll something else, you get left behind because you refuse to run with a toon you hate. Either that, or you try to make the best of it, and decide "fuck this game, I hate it" and drop..... that right there has a lot to do with our current low subscriber number. It is such a problem, Blizzard won't even release the number anymore.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You aren't my real dad.

You traitor druid.
    I must be your real dad then, oops.

On topic though - I think Demo will be fine and honestly, they tested this direction with the current tier set with summoning demons randomly and people LOVED it (before they nerfed it into oblivion). I don't see why this change would really be any different.

Okay, enjoy the new demonology, i guess i will simply switch after years, i am curious about how many of all these lovers will effectively play it when the exp is out, but well, time will tell....

I guess if meta is that important you are gonna have to decide if you can live without it and adapt or if not make a demon hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I must be your real dad then, oops.

On topic though - I think Demo will be fine and honestly, they tested this direction with the current tier set with summoning demons randomly and people LOVED it (before they nerfed it into oblivion). I don't see why this change would really be any different.
    I mean, the class will be fine. It's literally always been strong even at its worst.

When people are sky-is-falling its really just about whether or not they feel they'll enjoy the changes.

There's gonna be a nice chunk of people who absolutely love the idea of become a pet spec, and then there'll be people like me who's only redeeming quality of demo was turning into a demon.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Imagine 10 infernals for 10 seconds on a 10 min CD. And they all explode. Which applies a DoT. Which explodes when done.
    Talent: Reign of Chaos
    0-5 Soul Shards, 40 yd range, 5% mana, channeled, 10 minute cooldown
    Summon a rain of meteors to destroy your foes, inflicting massive shadowfire damage to all players within impact over five seconds. Each Soul Shard expended causes one meteor to reform as an Infernal Doombringer. Infernal Doombringers radiate Hellfire, burning all players within range for moderate Fire damage. Replaces Summon Infernal and Summon Doomguard.

Thoughts ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I guess if meta is that important you are gonna have to decide if you can live without it and adapt or if not make a demon hunter.
    Yeah because switching to melee using it with a 10 minute cooldown is so similar to live Demo

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    /sigh Fuck Blizzard. They create demon hunters by killing a warlock spec. Great move. It wasn't enough that Illidan took on warlock powers as a demon hunter, the thing that made him unique, but seriously, That is what blizzard does, it makes unique characters and then makes every other character equal to that character. So, what's next, holy priests being able to use bows, like Tyrande?

Warlocks, specifically the Demo warlock should have always had Apotheosis as part of their spec (functions like shadowform for shadow priests, just that it gives the warlock a set of wings) and boost to dark metamorphosis as a CD, while, if a demon hunter was going to have a similar ability, should be more or less limited in power and/or strength. I would say the same thing about a necromancer if one was put into the game, They are not Death Knights that don't use weapons. While a DK would be able to summon an army of undead once every 10 minutes, and the undead minions dying after 30-40 seconds, a necromancer should be able to conjure the same army every 3 minutes, and once there, the minions don't die until killed, or 5 minutes elapses. A necromancer's powers, while similar, should hurt a lot more than a death knights, to make up for the fact that they are casters, and not melee weapon users. That's probably why they don't exist in WoW as playable classes.

Closing thoughts: Why is this game not as successful as it was?many could suggest it's old, and nearly run its course, and that might be on some level true. A more feasible reason is because the game is being purposefully killed. Nothing is ever done in moderation. New expacs are never actual expansions, they are in a lot of ways stand alone games. The changes are not expansions, they are rewrites of the game, and reinventing the wheel every time makes for a shitty game, especially when you consider that in these changes, we keep losing things we want to keep and don't always get something of equal or greater ability for the things we lose. We tend to have useless, or rarely used abilities while other less than awesome abilities, stats or game play mechanics are kept in, as if they were beloved, when in fact, they are hated. We were in a decent place at the end of MoP, as far as players and abilities were concerned. If the game was left alone, and a couple new abilities were added to make a subtle change for the next expansion as we leveled, there would most likely be a lot less weeping and gnashing of teeth. But no one has considered trying it this way because that isn't the way it is.

Example: we have 6 million current players, all who have their classes made to order, and they are, more or less, happy with their classes. The end of the game is upon us, and we want to introduce a new class to the game. A lot less will go into the class creation if we keep going with the other classes as they are. Instead, we opt to make this class and fundamentally change every other class. So, Blizzcon occurs, and there is a lot more hype, but there is also a much greater chance that the changes will actually piss people off, instead. Had we went the other way, and said, "Classes are for the most part staying the way they are, what would we get? Well, a lot of people who may have had a little trepidation about their beloved characters getting beat to death with a nerf bat are alleviated, and new abilities are introduced. And with the characters not being traumatically fucked with, that frees up manpower to concentrate on the content, and creates the potential to have a few more additions to game play and world play. There is really nothing quite like getting yourself to 110, only to learn the class you selected, you hate, because it was nothing like you remember from last expac. When you reroll something else, you get left behind because you refuse to run with a toon you hate. Either that, or you try to make the best of it, and decide "fuck this game, I hate it" and drop..... that right there has a lot to do with our current low subscriber number. It is such a problem, Blizzard won't even release the number anymore.
    You can't adapt, that's the only thing I got out of this.
    Warlock is still going to be fun and I personally am excited to see where the class goes.
    WoD has probably been the most boring to me as far as locks go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    You can't adapt, that's the only thing I got out of this.
    Looks like you need some glasses or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah because switching to melee using it with a 10 minute cooldown is so similar to live Demo
    I'm really not sure why folks keep saying "If you liked old Demo just reroll DH," unless they're doing it just to be asses. They're literally nothing alike. The BEST I could see was Vengeance being a heavily magic tank (somehow... not sure how that'd work out, but cast times and tanking doesn't seem like it'd work...) and had a glad stance-like talent.

Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    I'm really not sure why folks keep saying "If you liked old Demo just reroll DH," unless they're doing it just to be asses. They're literally nothing alike.
    Indeed. If anyone's super attached to the current Demo mechanics, I'd point them at Shadow Priest. They're picking up the playstyle of using DoTs to generate secondary resource that fuels your transformation into a form with enhanced versions of your normal abilities. Sure, it's not a toggled form, but I consider the removal of stance dancing to be an improvement over the current model.