Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    No. I like the flavor of Grim of Sac where I sacrifice my demon, become more powerful, and steal one of its powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I was hoping destruction would be the petless spec since its honestly perfect to the fantasy and what it became for almost all of mop and wod.

We'll see how that goes though.
    Well, after reading this: "The Lone Wolf gameplay introduced in Warlords of Draenor proved extremely popular with Hunters". Wich made me think, Go sac is really popular for destruction, and has been since it first appeared in TBC. Its from my understanding the talent to go with, currently on live. And i think making a all specc mandatory on pet, is not the way to go. Demo is all about pets, Affliction somewhere in middle, and destro beeing a petless spec.

Isn't it better to have a talent that gives you that choice, rather than being forced into it? GoSac works great and lets you choose if you want to play petless or not - seems the superior way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Isn't it better to have a talent that gives you that choice, rather than being forced into it? GoSac works great and lets you choose if you want to play petless or not - seems the superior way to go.
    Problem is they have to tune that talent against other things in the talent row and its never going to be a perfect situation where its all balanced and you can do whatever you want.

Either its going to be the correct answer or it isn't.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Problem is they have to tune that talent against other things in the talent row and its never going to be a perfect situation where its all balanced and you can do whatever you want.

Either its going to be the correct answer or it isn't.
    But that's only true for a very small number of players. Anyone not pushing Mythic raiding is going to do what they like and enjoy, with success that is within an acceptable margin.

Not really wanting petless spec, the whole point of the warlock is the pets isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    But that's only true for a very small number of players. Anyone not pushing Mythic raiding is going to do what they like and enjoy, with success that is within an acceptable margin.
    That's fairly naive if you don't think the attitudes coming from those players don't trickle down to the rest of the community.

People don't have to be hardcore mythic raiders to act how they *think* hardcore mythic raiders act.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethl View Post
    Well, after reading this: "The Lone Wolf gameplay introduced in Warlords of Draenor proved extremely popular with Hunters".
    That reasoning is pretty stupid, the only reason it was extremely popular was because it was the best choice. If it was the worst, barely anyone would take it, same with Sacrifice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Uhm I was more hoping for something that mattered? I mean the only reason I go solo is I can however, I sure as shit like the option to have the pet out if I need it. So now I guess I will just level as BM and raid as MM and pretend Surv doesn't exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Valekon View Post
    Not really wanting petless spec, the whole point of the warlock is the pets isn't it?
    so was the hunter class and look what happened. Not saying you're wrong in anyway though so please don't take it as that. Just saying hunters have the same theme of "the pet class" and look what's happening.

The only reason I wanted a petless spec myself is because if we are petless by default they can really balance our talents and what not around that idea with nothing really clashing with not having a pet.

Also I may be one of the only ones who likes the warlock's power to come directly from them, not the pet. A somewhat sinister dark magic related caster who forgoes the idea of a companion and relies on their own magical powers.

just want to add that although I would like to see a petless based spec, I see what everyone's saying about the convenience and option of having the ability to choose where you wanna go petless or play with a pet.
    Last edited by demonik; 2015-11-11 at 10:44 PM.

I agree with what a few people said: I'd prefer to just have the choice to be petless. Even though I rarely use a pet on affliction or destro, I like knowing that I can because it's sort of a massive deal for warlocks.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

Could always go Shadow Priest now I guess.

My 2 cents opinion.

I'm pro Grimoire of Sacrifice. To me it fits the lore and fantasy more than forcing a petless spec. Ripping demons from the twisting nether to do your bidding and/or become a sacrifice so you can achieve power overwhelming is what makes a warlock a warlock to me.

Plus I love screwing around in old content with Negaton, my voidlord. Such a beast name and demon.

I was hoping destruction would be the petless spec since its honestly perfect to the fantasy and what it became for almost all of mop and wod.

We'll see how that goes though.
    A petless destro would be the number 1 reason for me not even touch it, why do we need that when we already have a talent? You know.. choice is good, lack of choice sucks. Having no pet in raid/dungeons is ok, but having no pet when doing solo stuff is pretty punishing and severely limits the amount of content you can do alone.

I hate having to worry about a pet, I only use sup because soul link is strong for pvp, otherwise i'd use sac (affliction pvp, speaking).
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Having no pet in raid/dungeons is ok, but having no pet when doing solo stuff is pretty punishing and severely limits the amount of content you can do alone.
    I wouldn't know about that tbh since if you're even mildly current on gear then it's pretty steamroll doing anything. Yet alone me being 732 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Petless specs are really a solution to pet issues, without fixing the problems.
    I would rather see fixes for the problems as much as possible, instead of us always being pigeon-holed into a spec when encounter mechanics dictate it.
    For some people it's less the mechanics and more the thematics. Being a ranged, sinister spell caster w/o a pet is very appealing to one of my friends.

I figure as long as grim of sac is still around there will be some option, at least I hope so for the people who want it.

sacrifice is just annoying to use, i hope they rework it to be a passive petless effect. makes no sense to have to summon a pet just to sacrifice it immediately, not really interesting gameplay, just annoying, especially since you have to do that after every death.

essentially that's more than one spell that serve no other purpose than to give a 60 minute self-buff, why have them at all?