Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why not Lothar's sword?

The Warrior arifacts are such a let down. Even the Arms sword doesn't look iconic. I would have thought they'd go for something chunky and big and simple yet with some nice detail. The Fury and Arms artifacts just look too intricate and oddly shaped. A friend of mine suggested Lothar's sword and I think that is exactly what an Arms Warrior artifact should look like.

Thoughts?

So that's either Quel'Zaram or Ashkandi, or the Royal Sword of Stormwind (which was given to Turalyon and promptly shattered).
    From what I can glean Quel'Zaram might actually be Ashkandi, which if true is already available in 2 iterations making it an unlikely candidate at all.

Obviously they could go back and make the distinction that Quel'Zaram and Ashkandi are different swords, but even still I'm not sure I want another Quel'____. Honestly I think the previously thought of ideas of Gorehowl/Axe of Cenarius would be better (Gorehowl being my favorite personally).

I don't think the current artifact looks BAD I just think it looks more like a dungeon blue 2h sword than some "legendary artifact" which is actually the way I feel about all the warrior artifacts, couldn't throw us a bone with at least 1 established weapon?

Deleted
    Unfortunately there was no crystal clear confirmation of what the sword that Lothar weilded actually was, for some reason Blizzard were reluctant to make it clear whether or not it was Ashkandi.

This was one of my guesses for the Arms one if I'm honest, you've just reminded me how disappointed I am they didn't follow through with it

Too much Alliance style

10+ Year Old Account
    An Orc wielding a big gold and blue sword with a lion on it would look a bit silly. Doomhammer and Ashbringer aren't quite as obviously one faction in appearance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    The Warrior arifacts are such a let down. Even the Arms sword doesn't look iconic. I would have thought they'd go for something chunky and big and simple yet with some nice detail. The Fury and Arms artifacts just look too intricate and oddly shaped. A friend of mine suggested Lothar's sword and I think that is exactly what an Arms Warrior artifact should look like.

Thoughts?

It would have been good but they probably decided against it alienating Horde players, not that that isn't already happening with weapons such as Doomhammer and Ashbringer.

the arms weapon being used against some Ctraxxi monster + wielding a fucking scale of NELTHARION <3 (Deathwing) is pretty cool

but yeah the Arms weapon is not a previously known one and the Fury ones are kind of eh

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Too much Alliance style
    because ashbringer isn't too much alliance style, what with the lordaron logo and all?

Doomhammer isn't horde style, with the frostwolf logo and all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    not that that isn't already happening with weapons such as Doomhammer
    Indeed. I'm thinking about respeccing to elemental from enhancement. Fuck orc weapons. I would transmog it to simpler weapon anyway, but it's more of a principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    because ashbringer isn't too much alliance style, what with the lordaron logo and all?

Doomhammer isn't horde style, with the frostwolf logo and all?
    Ashbringer and Doomhammer is way more iconic than Lothar's Sword. Gorehowl is a better choice tbh than Lothar's Sword.

However, give Lothar's Sword to Alliance and Gorehowl to the Horde would been ideal.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uberlag View Post
    So that's either Quel'Zaram or Ashkandi, or the Royal Sword of Stormwind (which was given to Turalyon and promptly shattered).
    From what I can glean Quel'Zaram might actually be Ashkandi, which if true is already available in 2 iterations making it an unlikely candidate at all.

Obviously they could go back and make the distinction that Quel'Zaram and Ashkandi are different swords, but even still I'm not sure I want another Quel'____. Honestly I think the previously thought of ideas of Gorehowl/Axe of Cenarius would be better (Gorehowl being my favorite personally).

I don't think the current artifact looks BAD I just think it looks more like a dungeon blue 2h sword than some "legendary artifact" which is actually the way I feel about all the warrior artifacts, couldn't throw us a bone with at least 1 established weapon?
    Gorehowl which is available in game in three different iterations? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    An Orc wielding a big gold and blue sword with a lion on it would look a bit silly. Doomhammer and Ashbringer aren't quite as obviously one faction in appearance.
    Ashbringer has the symbols of Lordaeron and the Silver Hand on it - both human.

Doomhammer has the Frostwolf symbol on it.

Thoughts?

Well, until recently, blizz thought that Lothar was a Paladin.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Axe of Cenarius would've been the perfect choice, it has both Alliance and Horde heritage, the discipline of the Night Elves and the ferociousness of the Orcs and can easily be changed graphically to fit either of these origins. Stromkar is a very Alliance-Human centric weapon for a class that's iconic on both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    Axe of Cenarius would've been the perfect choice, it has both Alliance and Horde heritage, the discipline of the Night Elves and the ferociousness of the Orcs and can easily be changed graphically to fit either of these origins. Stromkar is a very Alliance-Human centric weapon for a class that's iconic on both factions.
    Considering the Vrykul are technically ancient humans.

All three weapons are human connected.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Indeed, why not? I would love to wield that, even as a Horde player.
    Give fury Gorehowls or something.
    Protection? Well, whatever they want. I think the Deathwing scale isn't a bad thing, but the sword could have been a little more creative.

How hard could that have been, really?

On a positive note, I like the warrior changes, at least what I've seen so far.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2015-11-11 at 03:40 PM.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Doomhammer has the frostwolf mark on it, it is quite obvious an orc weapon, but the last to wield it was thrall and we all know green jesus loves us all

Quote Originally Posted by Lucatzz View Post
    Doomhammer has the frostwolf mark on it, it is quite obvious an orc weapon, but the last to wield it was thrall and we all know green jesus loves us all
    Speaking of the doomhammer (off topic I know) But anyone else feel like they missed out on a new model opportunity for that artifact - They had all these versions of doomhammer, but why not like a Wildhammer doomhammer (Wildhammers shamans are known for using dwarven stormhammers) and keep the same recognizable silhouette of the doomhammer but make it dwarven with the wildhammer crest replacing the frost wolf.

*Looks at my avatar*

maybe I'm biased

On topic now: I am against Lothar's sword. Why?

cause it's a sword. We have too many sword artifacts. If we had to have swords I'd say stick with the vrykul/barbarian ones. But just...no more swords. We need axe/mace artifacts for a warrior spec or two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Too much Alliance style
    And Doomhammer isn't Horde?

And Doomhammer isn't Horde?
    There is not much choice from the Shaman side of weapons, and the Doomhammer is such a iconic one which makes it okey even though its from a Horde side, same with Ashbringer.

Swords however, there is alooot from, and warrior swords for that matter