Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Leap silent nerfed?

I main 2 warriors and warrior is all I play, And when WOD was released i was able to make some pretty spectacular heroic leaps like straight vertical 40 yards. And it seems since patch 6.2 my ability to make any good job is long gone, I cant even make any of the pillar jumping leaps I did in nagrand while questing opening week.

I wouldn't say nerfed I'd say fixed, I can still do some abnormal leaps so maybe some where fixed?

This wasnt a 6.2 change, this was like, first few weeks of WoD change.

I haven't noticed any recent changes. You still need some form of LOS/path but it's generally pretty forgiving compared to where we used to be with the ability.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    still better then mop leaps. no nerfs i can recall recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    I can still leap from shipyard equipment vendor up to the command table, so i doubt there has been any nerfs..

Deleted
    You can do insane leaps in uninstanced content, and you are severely limited otherwise. Hunter kiting you up the hill in AB in random bg? get fucked

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlounger View Post
    I main 2 warriors and warrior is all I play, And when WOD was released i was able to make some pretty spectacular heroic leaps like straight vertical 40 yards. And it seems since patch 6.2 my ability to make any good job is long gone, I cant even make any of the pillar jumping leaps I did in nagrand while questing opening week.
    Like Zaenux said, you can still make ridiculous leaps in uninstanced content (non Ashran, BG, Dungeon, Raid), but in instances you can't leap over so much as a rock on the ground. I enjoy using Heroic Leap to get up the side of mountains or on top of buildings. Generally anything you can Charge to, you can Leap to, even over gaps in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    even over gaps in the ground.
    Which, to be fair, is the main reason to jump in the first place ;-)

If you're jumping gaps in nagrand that is entirely made of terrain (no jagged rock object overhangs not part of the standard terrain), you can absolutely 100% heroic leap across it. But if the gap involves non-terrain objects such as buildings, or rocky overhangs, or some other object like that, then pathing applies, so your charges and heroic leaps will generally fail.

Sorry for the slight necro, just wondered if anyone had heard anything about them fixing Leap again? Just picked up my Warrior again for PvP out of boredom and, well, Leap is more frustrating than useful.

Just sent this to the blues in hopes, but I doubt anything will come of it.
    https://twitter.com/AshfordChapman/s...80251212632064

Honestly absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Sorry for the slight necro, just wondered if anyone had heard anything about them fixing Leap again? Just picked up my Warrior again for PvP out of boredom and, well, Leap is more frustrating than useful.

Just sent this to the blues in hopes, but I doubt anything will come of it.
    https://twitter.com/AshfordChapman/s...80251212632064

Honestly absurd.
    It's because your in a PvP area, which is lumped under the same rules as dungeons and raids. Rather than figure out all the areas a Warrior could leap to and actually exploit something, they just neuter the hell out of it all around.

Meanwhile other classes can get pretty much anywhere with Warlock teleport, Mage Blink, Rogue Shadowstep, Hunter Disengage, and pretty soon Demon Hunters will be able to Double Jump-Double Powerslide-Glide their way across the map.

It's because your in a PvP area, which is lumped under the same rules as dungeons and raids. Rather than figure out all the areas a Warrior could leap to and actually exploit something, they just neuter the hell out of it all around.

Meanwhile other classes can get pretty much anywhere with Warlock teleport, Mage Blink, Rogue Shadowstep, Hunter Disengage, and pretty soon Demon Hunters will be able to Double Jump-Double Powerslide-Glide their way across the map.
    Indeedy. I normally play a Rogue when I PvP, and doing stuff like Death From Above under Nagrand bridge and cancelling it, landing on top, to escape, is absolutely fine - but leaping up a slight incline? aww hell naw..

So frustrating. :|

There have been more than a few times during gorefiend progression that ive waited till the last second to heroic leap out to my usual spot, had the reticule be green, but when i click, i get the "too far away" error.

youll never guess where my doomwell dropped

Quote Originally Posted by Felroar View Post
    There have been more than a few times during gorefiend progression that ive waited till the last second to heroic leap out to my usual spot, had the reticule be green, but when i click, i get the "too far away" error.

youll never guess where my doomwell dropped
    I use a macro that auto clicks when I use the key leap is bound to, that way I can just spam it until it goes off. Doesn't always work, but sometimes leap will fire after you make the smallest targeting adjustment.

Deleted
    I use a macro that auto clicks when I use the key leap is bound to, that way I can just spam it until it goes off. Doesn't always work, but sometimes leap will fire after you make the smallest targeting adjustment.
    Need

/10char

Deleted
    The most annoying heroic leap change by far is the bug introduced in wod.
    Before wod you could charge and leap in the same global, gaining rage/movement + addtional movement.
    If you do it now, it puts heroic leap on cooldown without any movement or animation, you have to let charge fully path to its target.

Even made a youtube video start of wod and twittered the devs but nothing got fixed

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    Need

/10char
    That'd be a program that does it, not actually an in-game macro. i.e. a keyboard or mouse' software, or autohotkey. Assuming they're still not allowed, so, don't blame me if anything comes of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Even made a youtube video start of wod and twittered the devs but nothing got fixed
    I vote we all spam (or just retweet or however you use twitter) them, possibly with that pic I linked above. It should, hopefully, at least get their attention if nothing else.

Deleted
    WoD definitely made Heroic Leap worse than in MoP. Uninstanced areas are still unaffected (you can perform insane jumps) but instances like PVP, dungeons and raids are where it becomes really useless. For example, in Twin Peaks during MoP, it was at least possible to sometimes jump "over" small slopes, in WoD this isn't possible at all.

They originally changed that in the beginning of WoD but their patch cycles have broken/re-corrected it throughout the expansion