Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...20780227608576

Read the tweet again. It's any damage at all, up to x.

Edit: The "massive damage" term that's confusing everyone is just a placeholder term in a poorly written blue post signifying that the amount x to be mitigated will be large, not that there's a large threshold for the effect.
    So it's a 90% DR followed by a barrier that's strength is = to the damage you would've taken or is just a 90% DR on ANYTHING that only lasts for a cast, a single swing, a single tick of a bleed? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is say you have an add on you and the boss. You pop it, it triggers from the adds damage or even say you have a bleed that ticks on you. It triggers from that and it's just wasted before the bosses big hit/cast? It gets eaten up by a tick of 10K, you reduced to 1K but the boss all of a sudden hits you for the full amount of whatever it's casting.
    Last edited by Eatdamuffin; 2015-11-11 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eatdamuffin View Post
    So it's a 90% DR followed by a barrier that's strength is = to the damage you would've taken or is just a 90% DR on ANYTHING that only lasts for a cast, a single swing, a single tick of a bleed? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is say you have an add on you and the boss. You pop it, it triggers from the adds damage or even say you have a bleed that ticks on you. It triggers from that and it's just wasted before the bosses big hit/cast? It gets eaten up by a tick of 10K, you reduced to 1K but the boss all of a sudden hits you for the full amount of whatever it's casting.
    It doesn't trigger at all. You use it and it will absorb 90% of the next X damage from any number of sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    It doesn't trigger at all. You use it and it will absorb 90% of the next X damage from any number of sources.
    I still don't understand. It will absorb 90% of the next x damage from any number of sources. So all damage you take in 1 second? What is the time frame of the damage you have the DR for?

It's a 90% dr on the next x any damage. It isn't an effect that gets consumed. If you pop it for an ignore pain of 500k let's say, And a bleed ticks for 10k, it will mitigate 9k of that tick, and the amount left to be mitigated is now 490k.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't understand. It will absorb 90% of the next x damage from any number of sources. So all damage you take in 1 second?
    There isn't a time on it. It's just the next x damage from any sources. Think of it like a 90% effective absorb that doesn't expire.

I still don't understand. It will absorb 90% of the next x damage from any number of sources. So all damage you take in 1 second?
    It lasts until it has absorbed the maximum amount. That amount is 90% of some yet to be determined number. You will take the remaining 10%.

It's a 90% dr on the next x any damage. It isn't an effect that gets consumed. If you pop it for an ignore pain of 500k let's say, And a bleed ticks for 10k, it will mitigate 9k of that tick, and the amount left to be mitigated is now 490k.

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't a time on it. It's just the next x damage from any sources. Think of it like a 90% effective absorb that doesn't expire.
    Where does it get the amount it absorbs from? Your health?

It lasts until it has absorbed the maximum amount. That amount is 90% of some yet to be determined number. You will take the remaining 10%.
    That's what I'm trying to figure out is where it gets the absorb amount from. Based on the wording of the main post, is it your effective HP? So you could do last stand then pop it and have a pretty beefy barrier?

That's what I'm trying to figure out is where it gets the absorb amount from. Based on the wording of the main post, is it your effective HP? So you could do last stand then pop it and have a pretty beefy barrier?
    It sounds like that will be the case, yes.

Activate Ignore Pain -> Gain a shield of X% of your total health. While the shield is up, 90% of the damage you take is absorbed by the shield and the other 10% is taken directly.
    Last edited by Powell; 2015-11-11 at 08:59 PM.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Thanks, that was what I was trying to figure out. That makes sooooo much more sense then.

They just clarified it's 25% of your total health, that seems really underwhelming in that case. So you have 400K health, you get a barrier of 100K is the example they used.

WarcraftDevs ‏@WarcraftDevs 2h2 hours ago
    @Santapuella Ignore Pain ignores 90% of the next X damage you take, from any sources. It lasts until you take a total of X damage.

WarcraftDevs ‏@WarcraftDevs 8m8 minutes ago
    @dirtefrog It's 25% of your maximum health. So if you have 400k health, X = 100k.

WarcraftDevs ‏@WarcraftDevs 8m8 minutes ago
    @dirtefrog Example: Boss deals 50k, 25k, 50k. You take 5k (X=50k left), 2.5k (X=25k left), 27.5k (affected first 25k, then fell off).

It seems kinda crappy that you get hit with both kinda. Shouldn't the barrier only take 45K, 22.5K, 45K since you're taking the other 10%? But they're calculating it as if it's the full hit eating up your barrier.
    Last edited by Eatdamuffin; 2015-11-11 at 09:22 PM.

X is currently 25%. WarcraftDevs also posted an example of Ignore Pain in action on Twitter:

twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/664548742989611008

But they're calculating it as if it's the full hit eating up your barrier.
    It is. That's how it works and why it seems so difficult to explain it to people.

It is. That's how it works and why it seems so difficult to explain it to people.
    The other aspect is, will say having shield wall up reduce the amount of damage your barrier takes (as if it's an extension of your own health)? Or will it still calculate it as absorbing the full hits.

Yea, the wording is super ambiguous on it, unfortunately. I'm also worried about its rage cost with the reinstated damage = rage mechanic. It was such that we'd either be permacapped on rage or have none of it (punished for avoidance stats) in the past where it was a thing. Shield block getting a lower cost is nice and all for this considering the lower gen on shield slam and revenge, but I'm worried about how this will play out.

Deleted
    Well... this is actually worse than our current Shield Barrier.

Thanks, that was what I was trying to figure out. That makes sooooo much more sense then.
    Np. They really couldn't have worded it more ambiguously if they tried .

Also, yes it does appear very underwhelming. I raged about this in the main prot thread and Valech I believe soothed me and pointed out that we don't yet know how rage gen from damage will be tuned and it's conceivable we may drown in rage and get to spam this. We'll have to wait and see when beta starts.

I'll love it if there's a minor glyph that functions like the "Mob Rule" rune in D3 (gives 20% DR for nearby allies) for Ignore Pain.
    Last edited by doot; 2015-11-12 at 04:55 AM.