Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Outrage over product design

A company here in germany sells Milkproducts with different flavours like choco, vanilla and strawberry etc. Now they released their "Christmas" editions and people on social media were outraged when they saw that they used Pin-Up girls on their product. They think it is sexist. The chocolate one also recieved many accusions of racism.

Here are the pictures of the chocolate and strawberry:

What do you think, is this design ok or is the outrage justified?
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2015-11-12 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    chocolate milk is brown hence BLM imo

i literally could not care less about this

Deleted
    A+ would buy

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Somewhere, someone will always be outraged. Should they get attention?

It's like posting a thread that there is "outrage about the rogue blog being posted last", because a handful of guys started moaning in a thread on the forums.
    Well, it managed to get into the news. So it's "important" enough to discuss about it imho.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't buy a milk product with tits on it unless they're a cow's.

I would like to see the reaction if they used a white girl for the chocolate. That would propably be racist too in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    [...] and people on social media [...]
    Soon, hopefully not long from now, people will stop giving a shit about what people think on social media.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    Racism? I would expect sexism if anything at all.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't buy a milk product with tits on it unless they're a cow's.
    Gotta say i do "backup" this fealing. unless of copurse we were speaking of something made to spice things up.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    Please send these to the US. I would buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Please send these to the US. I would buy.
    I had no idea Muller made anything other than yoghurt, personally. I'd love to give it a try.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    im sure theres like a hidden contest on social media right now, who can be be outraged by the dumbest thing and make it to the news?

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    A company here in germany sells Milkproducts with different flavours like choco, vanilla and strawberry etc. Now they released their "Christmas" editions and people on social media were outraged when they saw that they used Pin-Up girls on their product. The chocolate one also recieved many accusions of racism.

Here are the pictures of the chocolate and strawberry:
    How is it racism? If anything, it's racist towards white people. "What, do they mean that white people can't make nude photos with chocolate covering their genitalia? They said that white people would look silly in that scenario? Those racists!".

Aknowledging the fact that someone has a different color skin, shouldn't be perceived as racist. It's like saying that refering to another person by his or her hair color is racist. Actually, somebody who looked at this label and immediately saw this woman as a black person that should have her rights defended is acting racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Racism? I would expect sexism if anything at all.
    Sexism because there are no equal amount of male pin up girls. /sarcasm

We live in a world full of butt-hurt clowns that will take offence to a leaf blowing past them.
    There is nothing wrong with them, but someone will find something to pick at and blow it out of proportion - people like that have tooo much rights and will throw out cards like racism etc.

The actual problem is people like that.
    They should be told to zip it.

I honestly don't get, why they need pin ups for god damn milk products... It's really a bit weird. Come on. Sex sells in one thing, but we are talking about milk. Lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are jumping at every opportunity to be outraged, it's in style now apparently.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but I personally don't think the design is very good. Don't like trying to relate my milk drinks with sex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    A+ would buy
    This. Sounds delicious and sexy. Sign me up.

People will always find something to get their panties in a wad over. It's part of life, just suck down some milk products and laugh it off.

"We're the edgy milk product that your parents don't want you to buy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Next time before making a thread try to at least have a reasonable discussion topic and not use this forum to rant about simple matters.