10+ Year Old Account

A RBG suggestion for Legion

All DoTs are dealing 15% less damage in Normal and 25% less damage in Rated Battlegrounds.

Enough is enough. Years of dot cleaves utterly dominating this bracket... Why should 5-6 specs get free titles and EZ mode conquest caps while others can't even access this bracket, not speaking of getting a title.

The dot bias needs to stop. Dot Cleave was always strongest RBG setup, but lately the situation became totally absurd. If beforehand most melee specs were the only unfortunate ones to be non-desirable in RBGs, later Blizzard decides to impose 25% damage debuff on all Tanking specializations, which buried these in RBG as well. And now, with DoT specs becoming even more absurdly OP, now even Mages and Hunters are being left on bench.

Why should Balance Druids, Shadow Priests, Affli Warlocks, Rogues and healers get a free 10vs10 rated bracket just for their bidding?? Are these specs / players God chosen, or what? Really, what the... this ridiculous stupidity is about?

Something should be done about this at once.

P.S. And eraze the goddamn f*****g Burst of Speed from game, permanently, to never return.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2015-11-12 at 01:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So quick to forget when everyone was stacking melee/warriors?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was lasting maybe 1 month or two. However, dot cleaves except brief periods of time dominated RBG since its creation - Cata.
    Now it became even more stupid, less classes and specs having access to it. Even DKs are no longer taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    So quick to forget when everyone was stacking melee/warriors?
    Two Warriors in combination with a DK ( Massgrip ) and an Owl for Solar + Vortex were indeed a ridiculus combination but that was quickly nerfed. The current situation in rbg`s results from overbuffing Dot Classes and the Synergy they have with each other. Affliction Locks and Destros are extremely strong in they'r own field and cover most, if not all of the other classes responsebilitys.

for Example, a Destro Lives / Outlives an incoming Rogue longer than a Hunter while defending a Flag
    An Aff Lock provides much more Synergy with an Owl or a Shadow Priest and ofc. stacking Aff Locks in the zerg group gives the enemy Team Healers a much Harder Time than a wider spread team comp.

Rogues are atm. the egg laying Woolmilkpigs. Flagcarrying while running faster than someone on a epic mount in combination with beeing almost non cc able, tanky as Hell with the right specc and glyphes. Probably the second best def. class wich can also sit on a Healer and making them mostly useless or shutting down an enemy caster. And all of that while also beeing able to tap an enemy Flag with a 90% success Rate.

DK´s are the one guy who calls targets and provides antitap.

A few weeks Ago i saw a group consisting of 3 Healers, 5 aff Locks, 1 Owl and 1 DK. Talking Rot Comp ? Thats the way to go.

I would take a other turn around for the TE`s sugestion by decreasing the efficiency of every Class that wich is more than one in a RBG group by 25%. Two Aff Locks in the group would only do damage like 1,5 aff Locks and so on, or just lock the RBG group compositions to only one class each but the second option would interfere with Blizz "bring the Class, not the Player" idea.

Sorry for rambling but this thread really hit a nerve

If you nerf one aspect, the next aspect will just rise up and be obnoxious. A class like shadow priest or affliction warlock is built for 10 v 10 just like a lot of the other RBG OP classes here. This is where these classes should shine just by their nature. Also, if you nerf their damage by that much, you threaten to make them completely nonviable. These types of comps have little focus damage compared to your warrior variants. Nerfing their damage in spread basically is like asking to delete them from the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post

Why should Balance Druids, Shadow Priests, Affli Warlocks, Rogues and healers get a free 10vs10 rated bracket just for their bidding?? Are these specs / players God chosen, or what? Really, what the... this ridiculous stupidity is about?

Something should be done about this at once.

P.S. And eraze the goddamn f*****g Burst of Speed from game, permanently, to never return.

oh come on! i just raised that shadow priest and affliction lock to get ready for the final season, while maintaining melees for almost 3 expansions! LoL i remember still BC pvp when melees and hunters fucked everything up, no matter where they appeared, but mainly in bgs.

just play a different game, and leave my dot opness alone. :P

But in all seriousness: you expect balancing in pvp shortly before the legion beta?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    It was lasting maybe 1 month or two. However, dot cleaves except brief periods of time dominated RBG since its creation - Cata.
    Now it became even more stupid, less classes and specs having access to it. Even DKs are no longer taken.
    yeah, i thought unholy was a dot spec, i must be wrong. dots but no big burst or antiheal necro strikes. 3mins is definately way too long for bgs/rbgs. DKs were never a pvp favorite since the end of cata in season11, they are kinda dead as a class, must be because pvp is dead in wow. Devs seem not to care too much about it in each expansion, after TBC where they created the Arena which was a major step up improving pvp. Nothing of relevance happened after this, who cares about new bgs and that ridiculous rbg, that was an old vanilla idea?
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2015-11-15 at 09:54 PM.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I could support the burst of speed removal. Dot cleave reduction not so much. Or make it if you use burst of speed you gain a stacking damage taken debuff after the second time using it within X seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Burst of speed can only remove a snare/root once every 20 seconds. (slightly less or slightly more, I think 20 is good and I have a rogue), then it's basically in line with almost every other mobility hindering self-removal in the game, yet still unique.

It's not so much the removal of something that hinders speed. But how you can run almost as quickly as someone mounted.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    It's not so much the removal of something that hinders speed. But how you can run almost as quickly as someone mounted.
    I have to disagree.

Let's say it gets nerfed down to 50%, that's still a considerable speed boost for a fairly spammable ability that also *still* removes snares.

Being able to catch a rogue on mount doesn't matter much as any team (in rbgs) is not going to let people simply drop out of combat to do so, especially if such a change took place. In the end, it only really matters/has any tangible impact on flag carrying maps.

Putting a longer cooldown on the existing Burst of Speed then fumbles the ability into taking a guaranteed back seat to Shadowstep. While achieving balance, I think the goal is to make talents fairly equally enticing and dependent on personal preference. That's not what we have now, and that's not what we would have if the speed increase was nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    I have to disagree.

Let's say it gets nerfed down to 50%, that's still a considerable speed boost for a fairly spammable ability that also *still* removes snares.

Being able to catch a rogue on mount doesn't matter much as any team (in rbgs) is not going to let people simply drop out of combat to do so, especially if such a change took place. In the end, it only really matters/has any tangible impact on flag carrying maps.

Putting a longer cooldown on the existing Burst of Speed then fumbles the ability into taking a guaranteed back seat to Shadowstep. While achieving balance, I think the goal is to make talents fairly equally enticing and dependent on personal preference. That's not what we have now, and that's not what we would have if the speed increase was nerfed.
    I would rather leave the movement speed increase as is and just increase the Energy cost. You should have to consider whether you need the Energy or not when you're using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    I would rather leave the movement speed increase as is and just increase the Energy cost. You should have to consider whether you need the Energy or not when you're using it.
    100% agree to this!

Braindead spammable abilities always lead into frustration.

The only thing propping up DoT teams is the fact that kick-bots are ineffective against them. You should be clamoring for Blizz to remove the kick-bots before yelling about other things. The higher brackets are infested with them.