The worst part of hunter changes

Apparently I won't be able to blast people off cliffs anymore.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are they taking the traps AND powershot from MM? I suppose we wont know until they do the talent reveal. But yes, i too will be a sad panda if i can no longer use gravity to kill other people.

Area denial via explo trapping is a clutch play in many situations.

Maybe if we're lucky though, they will fold all of the juicy entrapment and snare effects into MM rather than letting the melee spec have them.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-11-12 at 03:37 PM.

Mere speculation ofc, but I'd be a bit surprised if something like isn't in one of the various talent trees between our usual talents, artifacts, and PVP.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Marksmanship already has:

Lock and Load
    Passive
    Attach an explosive charge to Aimed Shot, dealing strong additional Fire damage to the target and all enemies within 4 yds.
    As a talent, so it wouldn't be to much of a stretch to add additional gunpowder onto that arrow and blow people back, from a fantasy perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not having traps as MM will be so weird in the beginning.

Deleted
    So dumb, seems like they take utility away every expansion, does not equal fun or interesting. I might not use traps in raid, but I use them all the time in the world.

Deleted
    Actually there is a new shot for maksman that pushback people...

"Marksmanship has a new ability: Bursting Shot. Short range cone attack which knocks enemies away. It's a "get away from me" option."

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me speculate ...... the knockback will be on par or worse than typhoon...

MM will have Bursting Shot (knockback in a cone radius):
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...00189637234688

Knockbacks are a big dilemma. They're terribly strong for arena (extra interrupt: which is a HUGE deal; ruins positioning: makes certain maps more favorable than others) but really fun and hilarious for BG's.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, i would rather have the current explo trap 10 times out of 10 over Typhoon mk2. What they dont seem to realize is that sometimes we want to be able to knock people in directions other than "away". Crazy right?

Oh well. Blizzard never lets us keep nice things.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-11-19 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Aaaand, they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Aaaand, they are right.
    How so? If you want to attempt to make an argument that it's being sacrificed for balance then go ahead. But don't blow smoke up my ass by saying removing fun utility makes my gameplay more interesting.

As long as I have something that is mechanically exactly the same as Freezing trap(trap launcher) as BM, I don't care what they call it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    As long as I have something that is mechanically exactly the same as Freezing trap(trap launcher) as BM, I don't care what they call it.
    yeah indeed, I hope they don't take this away from BM. Explosive trap and freezing trap gone.....thats just to much. Couldn't care less for the name, visuals etc. as long as the mechanics are there

My guess is that wyvern sting becomes bm only, and will function as bms long term cc.

Yeah! How dare they not give everything to all specs and make them homogenized again?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.