Unhappy ok so I dont want to be enhancement... are we still wanted? Can a brother heal?

ok so I dont want to be enhancement... are we still wanted? Can a brother heal without being kicked due to being shaman?

I'm being 100% serious. strongly considering my shaman again but want... to be.......wanted.

I havent had any trouble yet.

If you have already invested time in your shaman and don't want to reroll then play resto, you will find a place in raid if you know how to play, I fear however that for mythic+ will be harder to find a pug group so I hope that you already have a group of friends to play with.
    If instead you have to level a shaman then just play any other healer.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Deleted
    weeks with grevious in m+ are going to be a bitch

Healing is fine if you dont consider how overpowered monks and holy priests are. Haven't played with an enhancement so can't give input there.

Haven't had any issues finding groups as restoration.

If your group can stun, interrupt and avoid fire, healing M+ isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kustom View Post
    Haven't had any issues finding groups as restoration.

If your group can stun, interrupt and avoid fire, healing M+ isn't bad.

Not 100% true,

Due to burst potential Shaman have a harder time catching up on tanks then most others.
    If the tank needs to be caught up in 10+ with Necrotic, it becomes harder, if the group is taking unavoidable damage, such as curse damage, you will outright struggle.

Interestingly enough you find that, surprise, your group matters. You will get a lot of people on here who will white knight this and say it isn't a problem.

Do some re-search, and see they are not in a group with a weak classes/players.

OBVIOUSLY PEOPLE if your group is good, especially on trash and burst, or personal CD's, this becomes a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by OhDeath View Post
    ok so I dont want to be enhancement... are we still wanted? Can a brother heal without being kicked due to being shaman?

I'm being 100% serious. strongly considering my shaman again but want... to be.......wanted.

I don't blame you regarding enhancement atm, I will be switching to windwalker, enhancement really sucks this expansion. Can't compete with rogues, DH, WW etc and the gear from Uldir is haste starved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    I don't blame you regarding enhancement atm, I will be switching to windwalker, enhancement really sucks this expansion. Can't compete with rogues, DH, WW etc and the gear from Uldir is haste starved.
    Enhance is just incredibly proc based. I burst super high during BL, sometimes insanely so. Doing heroic mother, I jumped from 8th out of 10 to 2nd once we lusted in the last room, and then settled into 3rd by the end. That's also because I had something like 12 stormbringer procs in a row, just after I had ascendance with non-stop windstrikes. Without that kind of luck, I would have plummeted back down to the depths of the dps charts. That's our biggest problem. We need so many procs, which requires a stupid amount of haste. Throw in our poor mobility compared to most other melee (fel rush and retreat, grapple hook, roll/torpedo, etc), it just feels bad. Ghost wolf doesn't mean much when so many other melee can just instantly be wherever they need to be. Guess we'll see if they do anything for us tomorrow, or just wait for 8.1. Really hoping they at least throw us a bone tomorrow, but not getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Enhance is just incredibly proc based. I burst super high during BL, sometimes insanely so. Doing heroic mother, I jumped from 8th out of 10 to 2nd once we lusted in the last room, and then settled into 3rd by the end. That's also because I had something like 12 stormbringer procs in a row, just after I had ascendance with non-stop windstrikes. Without that kind of luck, I would have plummeted back down to the depths of the dps charts. That's our biggest problem. We need so many procs, which requires a stupid amount of haste. Throw in our poor mobility compared to most other melee (fel rush and retreat, grapple hook, roll/torpedo, etc), it just feels bad. Ghost wolf doesn't mean much when so many other melee can just instantly be wherever they need to be. Guess we'll see if they do anything for us tomorrow, or just wait for 8.1. Really hoping they at least throw us a bone tomorrow, but not getting my hopes up.
    Added to the fact on single target patchwerk (sims) as the raid levels up we move down in ranking, throw in any movement along with aoe and it makes things a lot worse. Last night doing Vectis was a real eye opener. I might actually ask the raid leader to step out during mythic progression to do the rest of the raid a favor.

EDIT: Real numbers

Skill for skill lets take a look at the logs. Best way to check is look at the 100th dps ranking for overall performance. Since some enhancement shamans can get lucky with RNG on stormbringer procs. Fetid is a good encounter to look at our performance with real facts.

Windwalker
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...pec=Windwalker

Enh shaman
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...ec=Enhancement

Outlaw Rogue
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...ue&spec=Outlaw

Demon Hunter
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...ter&spec=Havoc

Arms Warrior
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...rior&spec=Arms

Compare the 100th placed enhance shaman and we are over 2k dps below the rest of the melee classes at position 100, and it's only going to get worse as the raid ilvls increase according to simulation craft.
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2018-09-11 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Added to the fact on single target patchwerk (sims) as the raid levels up we move down in ranking, throw in any movement along with aoe and it makes things a lot worse. Last night doing Vectis was a real eye opener. I might actually ask the raid leader to step out during mythic progression to do the rest of the raid a favor.

Compare the 100th placed enhance shaman and we are over 2k dps below the rest of the melee classes at position 100, and it's only going to get worse as the raid ilvls increase according to simulation craft.
    Yup, cause even though we'll scale pretty well haste, it's not like everyone else isn't going to scale. Not to mention the amount of haste we need will likely not been seen this raid tier, so we're talking Tomb/Atronus timeline before we'd have enough haste. Something really needs to be done. It's honestly looking like blizz needs to do a whole rework of the Shaman class. All 3 specs are under performing to a fantastic degree. Last night I really felt the stigma that's out there. I applied to probably almost 100 m+ 5/6/7 groups before I found one that brought me in, with a near 355 ilvl. That feels atrocious, especially when I'm seeing them with ilvl requirements of 335 or 340, and I'm still being turned away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Yup, cause even though we'll scale pretty well haste, it's not like everyone else isn't going to scale. Not to mention the amount of haste we need will likely not been seen this raid tier, so we're talking Tomb/Atronus timeline before we'd have enough haste. Something really needs to be done. It's honestly looking like blizz needs to do a whole rework of the Shaman class. All 3 specs are under performing to a fantastic degree. Last night I really felt the stigma that's out there. I applied to probably almost 100 m+ 5/6/7 groups before I found one that brought me in, with a near 355 ilvl. That feels atrocious, especially when I'm seeing them with ilvl requirements of 335 or 340, and I'm still being turned away.
    Perhaps your R.io is pretty low? i've not been declined from any key below 9 except for those guys who put "NeEd fRoStMaGe" in their title"

Quote Originally Posted by Lehaduhams View Post
    Perhaps your R.io is pretty low? i've not been declined from any key below 9 except for those guys who put "NeEd fRoStMaGe" in their title"
    I have no idea how Io works, but I would assume it doesn't factor into Legion M+ (which I didn't do much of to be honest). Does it base my score off Legion content? If it's just BFA, then what are people expecting? That I've done a boat load of m+ in the first week to be able to join their +6/+7? Have you simply just done a lot to give you a better score? I mean, like I said, I have no idea how Io even works, as it seems rather asinine to me, so maybe I'm totally off base.
    Last edited by themaster24; 2018-09-12 at 05:24 PM.

Well, as meta starts to stabilize, the less likely dd-shaman will find a group.
    Currently, as 351 enh with two 355 weapons from Uldir raid(mace and fist - i got lucky), I just can't keep up with proper dps'ers, not in raids, not in m+, not in single target, not in cleave/aoe. Enh literally has no strong points. Something like WW-monk is 100 times better in every way.
    This is really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Not 100% true,

Due to burst potential Shaman have a harder time catching up on tanks then most others.
    If the tank needs to be caught up in 10+ with Necrotic, it becomes harder, if the group is taking unavoidable damage, such as curse damage, you will outright struggle.

Interestingly enough you find that, surprise, your group matters. You will get a lot of people on here who will white knight this and say it isn't a problem.

Do some re-search, and see they are not in a group with a weak classes/players.

OBVIOUSLY PEOPLE if your group is good, especially on trash and burst, or personal CD's, this becomes a lot easier.
    Sure it’s true. You need a good group so you can focus on the tank and your own mechanics, since we don’t have any oh shit tank CD’s. A group with the other 3 dying to stupid shit won’t get anywhere. Not gonna happen with a shaman healer, unless you are lucky enough to have a good blood dk or vengeance dh. But even at higher keys that’s not gonna help much.

Just want to add, that lack of single target safe CD is very-very frustrating in high m+. Spirit link is cool and all, but even with link you need to spend more CDs to actually top your group after it, like healing tide with 3min cd, which heals like monk's 12 sec cd essence font lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Trururu View Post
    Just want to add, that lack of single target safe CD is very-very frustrating in high m+. Spirit link is cool and all, but even with link you need to spend more CDs to actually top your group after it, like healing tide with 3min cd, which heals like monk's 12 sec cd essence font lol.
    Very true. Spirit link is awesome in raids because you have other healers spamming their heals and creating a synergy. In 5 man, once it falls off, any immediate spike damage could get someone killed.