Deleted
    What is our main stats? mastery or versatility?

Quote Originally Posted by meebica View Post
    What is our main stats? mastery or versatility?
    Versatility > crit > mastery > haste

but it supposedly changes later on, when you have a lot of mastery with T19

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't you feel that we miss aoe finisher?
    I actually wonder why don't we have an ability to spend our combo points aside from tab-dotting as sub/sin. Even if Crimson Tempest was crappy, it made some sense. For now it could be even better since we gain energy from bleed ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Necryd View Post
    All was said here, but anyways, i dont understand why nobody talks about the lack of blind (and maybe gouge too, but specially BLIND)

At this moment, subtlely got blind, and outlaw got blind and gouge. Blizzard removed the "rogue gameplay style" for assassination rogues, and now it feels like a dk or a warr, its just like DPS DPS DPS and kill whatever.

And since that, how can we compare us with subltely and outlaw?? because we cant ninja bases anymore on RBG, or do some decent CC on arena like blind/sap. So nobody will want an assassination rogue on pvp

And the worst point is that blizzard dont bring back blind for assa, build after build they do small changes like exsanguinate nerf (because it was horrrrrrrrrrrrrrible op), but they dont bring back blind.

I play assassination since i started to play wow (like 7 years ago), and for the first time, i only see a black hole for the future of the spec.

Is not about assa is bad, is about assa is ridiculously below subtlely and outlaw on pvp since they removed blind ONLY for assa.

BLIND IS A MUST HAVE FOR ALL ROGUES, Independently of the spec you play.

After all this, is sad that nobody is making noise for this injustice. But when subtlely lost blind on first alpha builds, forums became full of bad feedbacks, and in the end blizz returned blind to subtlely.

Assassination resistance!
    gonna make a ticket about blind to Blizz, pray for me. For pvp, iam worried but we could work in niche comps that have aoe/cleave pressure. We lost our t1 comp rmd due to us not having blind. We wont be invited for rbgs too because cant cap flag without blind.

Quote Originally Posted by hlodvig1505 View Post
    Don't you feel that we miss aoe finisher?
    I actually wonder why don't we have an ability to spend our combo points aside from tab-dotting as sub/sin. Even if Crimson Tempest was crappy, it made some sense. For now it could be even better since we gain energy from bleed ticks.
    Well, Crimson Tempest was pretty weak ability and I'm glad that we no longer have it. Though with artifact trait, the passive where we drop poison vial on the ground, we could still do decent AoE I think.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    the AOE spec of a pure DPS class shouldnt compete in ST damage with the ST specs(same reason why fire mages are stupid), and if all 3 specs do equal AOE and ST what's the point of the 3 different specs? and better yet, if one spec does equal ST but better AOE what's the point of the other 2?

but anyway sub will outscale it in ST by next tier probably
    The point would be purely that you like one playstyle over another. This is actually how it should work: the specs should be roughly equal.

I'm wrong almost by habit, but I predict they want outlaw to be just a touch OP this pass because they really want to see how roll the bones will work out and the more of us that play it, the better. I can't see any way around juggling between assassin and outlaw and it makes me resent the legendaries, the idea of which I think is excellent.

If I'm having trouble getting my mind around juggling, what are the hybrid classes doing? Really wondering if this is going to harm off-spec.

They are always creating perceived problems and trying to solve them (and yes, most of the time they perceive real problems and solve them but our switching between specs is probably not a real problem).

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Well, Crimson Tempest was pretty weak ability and I'm glad that we no longer have it. Though with artifact trait, the passive where we drop poison vial on the ground, we could still do decent AoE I think.
    Poison vial has low proc chance i believe so we're left with garrote/rupture spam on aoe.
    I wish we could just have some weak aoe bleed to spam fok/envenom (and poison vial ofc) for burst aoe.

Poison vial has low proc chance i believe so we're left with garrote/rupture spam on aoe.
    I wish we could just have some weak aoe bleed to spam fok/envenom (and poison vial ofc) for burst aoe.
    Honestly it's not that bad once you get the artifact ability that instantly does 6% (or 8% if relic) poison damage every time you FoK. One of the times I leveled up I went that way on the artifact instead of normal and was absolutely owning the dungeon pugs with FoK and rupture (in raids with decent players I was sitting a bit back but still far better than Sin normally does in AOE.) There's also the legendary back which for raid trash (which lives longer) is absolutely monster. Sin will never be a huge AOE spec (and it's not necessary for every class to be so) but it's in a better place in Legion.

Having said that it's becoming rapidly clear that they're pushing us all into Outlaw whether we like it or not given the increasing gap in sims for ST never mind AOE issues.

To be honest they should've add a tiny bleed proc from FoK, you know - whenever you use FoK your targets get weak bleeds dmg which gives us energy and does not stack up with Rupture(to prevent using FoK on the single targets).

Method say that's best legion spec is sin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz1oytN7MNE

Deleted
    You do realize that video is almost 3 weeks old. A LOT has happened since.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddo View Post
    You do realize that video is almost 3 weeks old. A LOT has happened since.
    He mention about ex nerf and it's still a very good build .
    see the comment

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    He mention about ex nerf and it's still a very good build .
    see the comment
    The ex nerf isn't what the problem is, it's the substantial buffing they gave to Outlaw. In T19M they're showing ~100k mean dps difference (or about 20%) ... if those figures are even ballpark then every rogue that's serious about DPS will have to play Outlaw in just the same way everyone had to play Sub during WoD. It's a pain because I was 100% keen to play Sin for the first time since MoP but once again Blizzard "balancing" allows us no choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ominousguild View Post
    The ex nerf isn't what the problem is, it's the substantial buffing they gave to Outlaw. In T19M they're showing ~100k mean dps difference (or about 20%) ... if those figures are even ballpark then every rogue that's serious about DPS will have to play Outlaw in just the same way everyone had to play Sub during WoD. It's a pain because I was 100% keen to play Sin for the first time since MoP but once again Blizzard "balancing" allows us no choice.
    This.

Though it is extremely hard to believe blizz would allow such a massive imbalance of power between specs go live. If it really does go through and pirate is the new face of rogue it's going to be a big letdown for alot of players. Dat's for sure.

Method say that's best legion spec is sin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz1oytN7MNE

Video released a week before Assassination nerfs and Outlaw buffs

This.

Though it is extremely hard to believe blizz would allow such a massive imbalance of power between specs go live. If it really does go through and pirate is the new face of rogue it's going to be a big letdown for alot of players. Dat's for sure.
    Pretty sure that Blizz change something .
    I'll choose sin to main and i enjoy it, dont want to force play outlaw because its unbalanced.

Pretty sure that Blizz change something .
    I'll choose sin to main and i enjoy it, dont want to force play outlaw because its unbalanced.

exactly, doing over 10000 simulations is going to average out the variance in dps when it comes to outlaw when in reality as a player our sample size is going to be small. I dont like the rng for outlaw when it comes to log rankings, rng will take over.

Though it is extremely hard to believe blizz would allow such a massive imbalance of power between specs go live.
    The imbalance of power between 6.2 T18 survival and marksmanship hunter (at ilvl 720, survival did about 40k dps, MM about 90k) not only went live but remained as it was without any kind of fix for over a year. Then Blizzard turned round and said "hey, nobody's playing survival, they must not like it, why don't we completely scrap it and start again, a melee spec sounds cool."

There was nothing at all wrong with old survival, it was smooth and fluid gameplay and had its own thematic niche. It was just that the scaling was broken beyond about ilvl 660. They didn't listen or care.
    Last edited by Celfydd; 2016-08-23 at 02:32 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Envenom damage has been increased to 60% Attack Power per point (was 50%).

Deadly Poison instant damage has been increased to 17% Attack Power (was 14.2%).

Rupture damage has been decreased to 25% Attack Power (was 30%).

Agonizing Poison now stacks 5 times (was 4).

Developer's Note: We shifted some damage from Rupture into poison affects to increase the significance of poisons in the rotation and help poison-oriented talents better compete with bleed-oriented talents.

Looks like Mastery and T19 might be a lot more viable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedativ View Post
    Envenom damage has been increased to 60% Attack Power per point (was 50%).

Deadly Poison instant damage has been increased to 17% Attack Power (was 14.2%).

Rupture damage has been decreased to 25% Attack Power (was 30%).

Agonizing Poison now stacks 5 times (was 4).

Developer's Note: We shifted some damage from Rupture into poison affects to increase the significance of poisons in the rotation and help poison-oriented talents better compete with bleed-oriented talents.

Looks like Mastery and T19 might be a lot more viable now.
    Will this make drastic changes for the rotation ? I would think that pooling energy for envenom is more important now. But it might have been that before aswell and i am making a fool of myself now, but oh well. If that happens i'll just vanish