Uhhh... so this happened

There's a new show called Shadowhunters that's coming out on ABC Family. Looks a little corny to me and seems inspired by the Illidari. What do you think? Have you heard of this show before and would you watch it?

I take it you don't realize it is a completely unrelated book series called the Mortal instruments that has even spawned a movie adaptation 2 years ago?

Trailer was quite cringe-worthy. Don't think I'll be watching it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll stick to CW shows...

10+ Year Old Account
    tha fuck i just watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. From what I remember from the first book, it's basically a better, more hilarious Twilight. The MC discovers at the end of the book that the Dreamy Hunk is actually her brother. Full-on, both parents in common brother Cracked me right the hell up, and I kinda wanna read the rest of the series just to see how the author handles the situation.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Wrong forum. Bait title. Close this garbage.

Probably get a better response if posted in the "Cinema / TV Shows / Music / Books" section of OT.
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    That is a level of victim blaming even morons in the US can't reach...
    MMO-C moderation, just a peg above Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    I take it you don't realize it is a completely unrelated book series called the Mortal instruments that has even spawned a movie adaptation 2 years ago?
    Admittedly no, and I wouldn't pretend to know anything about the books, though I could fake the funk with a quick Google search. I thought the lore of the Illidari was made prior to 2007 but I could be wrong and it could be a coincidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Wrong forum. Bait title. Close this garbage.
    In what way is it a bait title? If you hover your cursor over said title does it not show the first few sentences? Game over, nice try though. Please insert more quarters to continue.
    Last edited by InventiveMeasures; 2015-11-15 at 06:22 AM.

ABC Family.........................

Y U DO DIS? STAHP!

The bad acting, the bad make-up, the bad cringeworthy trying to be dubstep music, the bad casting, the shit lines...Who the fuck greenlighted this shit? Looks like it was made by a bunch of college kids from a Christian university.

Just no.

Tho probably gonna be a hit with the Tweens, like all that other shit like Vampire Chronicles and what the fuck not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... so much Cringe, I'm practically in the fetal position.

That looks embarrassingly bad.

I'm in the middle of streaming Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Shadowhunters reminds me a lot of Buffy, even the lead female character looks a lot like Sarah Michelle Geller.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is pretty amazing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Did... did that guy throw himself on that sword?

Also: Haha, ABC Family... just stop.