Poll: How would you like to see Aspect of the Pack changed?

Aspect of the Pack in Legion.

So on the class Q and A on the front page right now somebody asks about Aspect of the Pack and whether it will be updated for legion to not be a nuisance.
    And the answer is a sly "Aspect of the Pack won't bother you anymore in legion."

So my question to everyone is. How would you like to see it changed?

Removed entirely?
    Other players experience something more like glyphed cheetah (i.e. their aura is cancelled instead of daze).
    Remove the daze and possibly re-balance it (i.e. smaller increase for no consequence)
    Punish the hunter? (I.e. only the hunter receives daze).
    Remake it into some kind of Stampeding Roar clone?
    Other (explain).

Poll inc.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2015-11-15 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    I think it will be fair if everyone can remove it from himself instead of only the hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    "And the answer is a sly "Aspect of the Pack won't bother you anymore in legion."

I wish they would learn to just give straight answers vs beating around the bush. IF they don't have a decision say "we know about it, we're going to change it but we're still talking about how to do that."

Much of the pre-WoD bad will just came from them communicating poorly about things. You'd think they'd learn.

On topic - It's possible that it just automatically turns off in combat so it's an out of combat travel perk with no downside. But who knows?
    Last edited by clevin; 2015-11-16 at 05:51 PM.

-So,we have a lot of players complaining about the hunter ability "Aspect of Pack",because many hunters remember to turn it on and forget to disable it before the pull.Should we remove the dazed penalty and make turn off by itself,when player is hit by a damage ability or...
    -Remove that ability!

Blizzards attitude towards removing of "unnecessary" abilities,so that new players can better understand the game since WoD,dulling down the game.If they keep this up,than in the next few expansions we will be down to few abilities such "Attack" and "Teleport home".

Stampeding Roar FTW.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think either,

- Will be glyphed like Cheetah is now.
    - Will not daze anyone and we can keep it on 100% on bosses

- Or they remove it because, you know, Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuteh View Post
    I think either,

- Will be glyphed like Cheetah is now.
    - Will not daze anyone and we can keep it on 100% on bosses

- Or they remove it because, you know, Blizzard.
    Probably the first one.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What I would like to see: Stampeding Roar clone. On-demand burst > constant low-grade bump.

Likeliest option: Removed. I can't blame them if they did. Extremely situational to the point of never being used, deleterious when used incorrectly, not a "fun" ability (unless you like trolling your group). I don't think removing AotP is dumbing or dulling down the game. Removing an amazing raid cooldown like AotF dumbed the game down. Removing a bad ability--and yes, AotP is and always has been a bad ability--is not dumbing the game down. It's cleaning up junk that the original WoW designers thought would be useful but should have admitted their mistakes years ago.

Second likeliest option: Both AotC and AotP get the AtoC glyph as baseline = removes buff when hit. My only concern is that we will be spamming AotP throughout fights now as people get hit and demand the speed boost.

How does Blizzard win at communication? They tell us what they're going to do --> We nitpick every decision and design choice (and whine that they're not telling us enough because our need for info is insatiable). They don't tell us what they're going to do --> We complain that they aren't communicating enough. They give us hints and play coy --> We whine about them not giving us straight answers. So, please, shut up about Blizzard communication.

Yeah I think they are either going to make the aura removed on hit from glyphed cheetah baseline or just remove pack all together due to the lack of practical applications.

Stampeding Roar provides far superior (by an obviously gigantic margin) raid utility. It would be great if Hunters got to be the other class that loaned the same type of utility.

I voted for Stampeding Roar clone on my wishlist, but obviously "Aspect of the Pack" would be a terrible name for it, and I would want it to have it's own hunter-esque flair and flavor to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyraat View Post
    Likeliest option: Removed. I can't blame them if they did. Extremely situational to the point of never being used, deleterious when used incorrectly, not a "fun" ability (unless you like trolling your group). I don't think removing AotP is dumbing or dulling down the game. Removing an amazing raid cooldown like AotF dumbed the game down. Removing a bad ability--and yes, AotP is and always has been a bad ability--is not dumbing the game down. It's cleaning up junk that the original WoW designers thought would be useful but should have admitted their mistakes years ago.

Second likeliest option: Both AotC and AotP get the AtoC glyph as baseline = removes buff when hit. My only concern is that we will be spamming AotP throughout fights now as people get hit and demand the speed boost.
    Some people on reddit and twitter said that the blizzcon build had a reworked cheetah. 1 min cd similar to sprint. obv take with a grain of salt.

What exactly is this Aspect of the Pack you speak of?

Maybe around the third time I was berated for leaving it on while eating before a pull - I just dragged it off my bars forever. Cheetah for life!

Hunter gets killed if he forgets it on boss fights thats my vote :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    I think it will be fair if everyone can remove it from himself instead of only the hunter.
    Logically, this is a perfect solution. I'm not sure how it would be implemented though. All depends on how auras are coded behind the scenes.

As a compromise, making them work like the glyphed cheetah and just removing the daze entirely would be fine.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Remove Cheetah, remove daze on hit from Pack, make Pack autocast, lower the radius of Pack to ~15-20y, aura provides 15-20% speed to allies and 30% to the hunter. If the hunter loses the Pack buff the aura stops working, 10sec cd upon being hit that auto recasts Pack afterward, allies are unaffected by being hit. Possibly limit it to survival for melee utility.
    Last edited by turboether; 2015-11-17 at 09:24 AM.