Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Danish translation of: "Those, who mind, doesn't matter, and those, who matter, doesn't mind."

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The ever popular "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, YOU are the asshole" - I heard it from Raylan Givens, not sure the origin.
    haha true that. Never heard that one before.

"People you judge you no matter what you do, so do what you love and don't give a fuck about what other people think."

Tyrion say about the same thing, but in a much nicer way:

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People tell me that I should slow down biking in Copenhagen, truth is I have saved 3 bad looking accidents thanks to being overly fast (near collisions with cars not stopping where they should and others randomly appearing from behind a bus...I ride fast, but I respect all traffic rules, except speed in some areas)

I guess mine is patience. Patience is the key

Deleted
    i wanted to get something done quickly and my boss at the time said this.

there was a young bull and and old bull stood on top of a hill. looking down on 50 cows.
    the young bull looked at the old bull and said 'lets run down there and shag a cow'
    the old bull turned and faced the young bull and said 'no. lets walk down and fuck them all'

i quit 2 days later because at the time i was young and thought he was absolutley insane later realising he was only telling me to take my time and we could get more done.....

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The ever popular "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, YOU are the asshole" - I heard it from Raylan Givens, not sure the origin.
    Good one, hilarious yet most likely accurate

Don't poop where you eat, and K.I.S.S.

"Treat your soldiers as your children and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you, even unto death." -Sun Tzu
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Treat others as you would like others to treat you" the Golden Rule.
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "Don't stick your dick in crazy"?

If only I followed it.....
    I'm super glad I never followed that advice. The crazy ones are almost always worth it. Good god, the memories. Just don't get them preggers.

As to the most vital advice I've received? "People are generally terrible. There is a very thin line between generosity and vulnerability. Learn when and where to cross that line."
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNorth View Post
    Danish translation of: "Those, who mind, doesn't matter, and those, who matter, doesn't mind."
    Think "don't" is more accurate than "doesn't" here.

Ehum... "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." is a good one.

Popular Swedish quote roughly translated: "He who waits for something good, never waits too long."
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Oh that reminds me, "Chaos is a ladder"

That speech among others is the reason he's my favorite character.

"Life ain't fair"

"You're only as good as the company you keep"

"Treat others the way you'd like to be treated"

"Wrap it before you tap it"

"Take no prisoners"

"Never grow old"

"It is what it is"

Completely changed my life perspective.

When you get older, never trust a fart. - My step dad

"Get over it"

Fear is the mind-killer, take a break between every League match, don't come a-knockin' when this van's a-rockin', haters gonna hate and shit rolls downhill.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Don't live beyond the guarantee and you'll never have a problem with money."

"When in doubt - Rule 1.11.1"

"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life."

"Be excellent to each other"
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Don't die.

Everything else follows from that.

Or, from someone who did die, perhaps, "Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt."

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Work to live, don't live to work.