Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warmongering Honor Gear Pointless?

I'm obviously missing something. I logged on this afternoon to buy the new honor gear and noticed the regular (non-pvp) ilvl is only 685. We can now buy season 2 wild conquest gear with honor which is 700. They both scale to 730 in pvp and both have the same stats... so why would you ever buy the warmongering gear? Transmog?

Could be a tooltip bug. Or you might want to buy it for PvE. I'm not entirely sure, honestly.

It's because the boxes are programmed to drop current season rares, but they also didn't want to force people in full 700s to farm honor gear. Not sure where I read that but it's because of bg boxes.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

There are people, you know, without a full set of 700, shocking I know
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Numbnut View Post
    I'm obviously missing something. I logged on this afternoon to buy the new honor gear and noticed the regular (non-pvp) ilvl is only 685. We can now buy season 2 wild conquest gear with honor which is 700. They both scale to 730 in pvp and both have the same stats... so why would you ever buy the warmongering gear? Transmog?
    because the Warmongering Honor gear can drop from lockboxes, the glad sanctum, and Ashran, and the old CQ gear cannot.

Ergo, you can fill out pieces with the free gear until you farm the honor for the old CQ gear if you care.

This is not rocket surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    There are people, you know, without a full set of 700, shocking I know
    Good job on reading the post. The confusion was in the gear being available even though you can still buy the 700 epics for the same amount of honor (same pvp ilvl, but 700 better out of pvp).

Deleted
    Yeah that S3 honor vendor is pretty damn redundant.

Also unrated PvP is now your go-to place to gear up, even for PvE. 700 ilvl is stronger than Baleful Empowered, does not involve grinding apexis or secondary stat RNG. Yes, baleful can go up to 705 with VP upgrades but I'd rather save myself some frustration and instead gear up an alt in full S2 conquest during a BG weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Good job on reading the post. The confusion was in the gear being available even though you can still buy the 700 epics for the same amount of honor (same pvp ilvl, but 700 better out of pvp).
    But you CANT get those pieces as drops from the glad sanctum, lockboxes, or other reward sources. You CAN get the Honor gear that way. Its not (or really should not be) at all confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    And note also that Warmongering Aspirant gear is only 625, so that will not be an option for gearing in PvE either.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2015-11-18 at 07:11 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    But you CANT get those pieces as drops from the glad sanctum, lockboxes, or other reward sources. You CAN get the Honor gear that way. Its not (or really should not be) at all confusing.
    but what if u didnt know u couldnt get the wild cq gear from boxes?

Deleted

How is it not confusing?

A normal player will walk up to the current vendor and purchase under par gear (scales the same in pvp) for all other activities, and less useful for questing, dungeons, whatever.

Fair enough that these items intended design is to drop in boxes, sanctum etc. But why sell it then as the GO TO honour purchase? If anything, this gear should be on the less attractive vendor.

Its stupid.

What I'm saying is the OP addressed that and was asking why would you buy 685(730) gear over 700(730) gear and his response was about people not being fully geared but that wasn't the issue, obviously people not geared can just buy old epics for the same honor cost. That's the part I took issue with. It's just the way the game is programmed so they added those sets to solve that issue.

Though, like above poster said, they should put the 700s on the front vendor, and the 685s in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    How is it not confusing?

A normal player will walk up to the current vendor and purchase under par gear (scales the same in pvp) for all other activities, and less useful for questing, dungeons, whatever.

Fair enough that these items intended design is to drop in boxes, sanctum etc. But why sell it then as the GO TO honour purchase? If anything, this gear should be on the less attractive vendor.

Its stupid.
    You should find other things in life to get worked up about and cut them some slack. This is the most minor issue on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    What I'm saying is the OP addressed that and was asking why would you buy 685(730) gear over 700(730) gear and his response was about people not being fully geared but that wasn't the issue, obviously people not geared can just buy old epics for the same honor cost. That's the part I took issue with. It's just the way the game is programmed so they added those sets to solve that issue.

Though, like above poster said, they should put the 700s on the front vendor, and the 685s in the back.
    Honestly if people can't be arsed to educate themselves in the slightest about stuff like that i don't mind them wasting their time buying sub-par equipment.

At the moment buying honor s3 gear does seem pointless if you do it purely for ilvl purposes.

Maybe a tooltip bug?

Yes, it's pointless. Buy S2 epics.

/thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    You should find other things in life to get worked up about and cut them some slack. This is the most minor issue on the planet.
    Yawn post.

We're discussing an issue. Thanks for the life advice though. Appreciated.

Season 3 just seems so pointless.

wod season 1 CP gear 660
    wod season 2 CP gear 700
    wod season 3 CP gear 710

I kinda feel this is just a kick in the face for the pvp'ers out there.
    Who gets excited over a new season with just 10 ilevels increase in gear, and recolored skins..

10+ Year Old Account
    The Warmongering Honor gear has been hotfixed to now be item level 700 outside of PvP Combat.

My concern is that now that PvE gear item level is capped out at 730, will PvE gear be making a return as being BiS in PvP, at least for some classes?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II