Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gronntooth War Horn

Gronntooth War Horn

With the recent hotfixes to Archi now being considered a Demon is this worth using over Heroic Unending Hunger for Arms especially with the 10% damage buff?

Currently working on Mythic Archi progression phase 3 and any little help could make a difference. It's a difficult trinket to work out as much of its benefit relies on getting the demon add killing blows.

It seems to have a high uptime from my basic testing so far at around 60% and this would be increased further when Execute killing adds.
    Last edited by Jaceo; 2015-11-18 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty f'ing strong.
    Define strong. Archi trinket strong? Or M-trinkets strong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I just realised there is a thread already about these trinkets but this is more specific to now and HFC demon bosses.

Yeah, it's pretty f'ing strong.
    I have been checking logs from this week and not many top loggers seem to be using it.

Maybe people can't be bothered testing it out?

10% damage increase sounds like it would be worth more then the extra stats you get from Unending Hunger?

Not everyone got lucky enough to have it drop, in my group only the tank and healer got 1 trinket each out of all 8 dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceo View Post
    Sorry I just realised there is a thread already about these trinkets but this is more specific to now and HFC demon bosses.

I have been checking logs from this week and not many top loggers seem to be using it.

Maybe people can't be bothered testing it out?

10% damage increase sounds like it would be worth more then the extra stats you get from Unending Hunger?
    Still need to iterate on it, hasn't been pushed into SimC yet, but it's at least as good, probably better than Hunger.

Any thoughts on how this compares to heroic HFC trinkets for Fury? Guess we'll have to wait for it to get sim'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post
    Any thoughts on how this compares to heroic HFC trinkets for Fury? Guess we'll have to wait for it to get sim'd.
    Ok so, a couple quick simulations using just my character, with no items upgraded:
    *Note: Before anyone asks, you can set the target race to Demon in the options pane.

Fury ST:
    Heroic Socketed WB + Heroic Warforged EDH: 86,817
    Heroic Socketed WB + Gronntooth: 83,924
    Heroic Warforged EDH + Gronntooth: 82,611

Arms ST:
    Heroic Socketed WB + Mythic Socketed Hunger: 85,860
    Heroic Socketed WB + Gronntooth: 85,757
    Mythic Socketed Hunger + Gronntooth: 82,526

Couple things to note:
    • Gronntooth War Horn is ilvl 715 at L100, not 800. Use the slider on the Wowhead page to get the appropriate stats.
    • Gronntooth War Horn cannot be upgraded, raid gear can.
    • If you can guarantee uptime by getting killing blows against Demon adds, it's value will increase exponentially. However, it requires you to get the actual killing blow, which even with Execute isn't exactly reliable.
    • AoE tests pending, but I'm going to say it's probably better than EDH for Mythic Mannoroth, simply due to the high amount of Demon adds, and how little EDH contributes to Bladestorm.

TLDR: Gronntooth is very good for Arms, less so for Fury. If you have Heroic trinkets or lower, consider using it, if you're already sitting in Mythic gear, you probably don't need it.

- - - Updated - - -

Specifically to answer your question Jaceo; it would help if I had your exact gear, but using my Arms gear with a non-upgraded, no bonus Heroic Hunger, I got 83,702 DPS compared to the result of 85,757 using Gronntooth. If I add two upgrades to make the Heroic Hunger ilvl 720, it still only comes out to 84,613; making Gronntooth slightly better against Demons.

[*]AoE tests pending, but I'm going to say it's probably better than EDH for Mythic Mannoroth, simply due to the high amount of Demon adds, and how little EDH contributes to Bladestorm.

So Gronntooth and cleave trinket for Mythic Mannoroth?

no...i think he means to use Gronntooth with WB

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyworld View Post
    no...i think he means to use Gronntooth with WB
    Yes. Cleave doesn't add much due to how short lived the adds are, though there is some debate on replacing WB with Hunger. Personally I like WB because it will allow you to get Reck up for each Bladestorm. Hunger may be better burst, when it lines up with Bladestorm and Execute cooldowns, but WB will generally be more consistent.

How good Gronntooth will be on Mannoroth is really up to the gods of RNG, but it's proc rate is frequent enough that it should come up at least part of the time with adds, and Bladestorm should net you at least one kill to extend the duration. If you're really good you can even try sniping Executes on Infernals or the Doomlord, just don't reset your stacks or get yourself killed doing it. With this added uptime, I believe Gronntooth should pull ahead as a better trinket for Mannoroth, but it will take some in-game testing to really get a feel for.

7+ Year Old Account
    I used it in Heroic Archi. We still havent downed him but i was using this as a Fury 2 hand with a heroic warforged ilvl 731 horn as other trink. I wasn comparing it with the Heroic Unending hunger with socket i have. Now im only ilvl 717 atm but i noticed that my dps during the attempts with the BoA trink was higher on average.

My dps with the H WF Horn lv 2 + H UH + socket was on average 57k.
    My dps with the H WF Horn lv 2 + http://www.wowdb.com/items/133595-gronntooth-war-horn averaged about between 64k-75k.

I was actually pretty shocked about it. I thought perhaps it had to do with RNG in general, but it seems to be consistently better. I would imagine that even the mythic UH wouldn't be as good as it.

But please take my findings with a grain of salt, im not a mythic level player. I definitely encourage giving it a shot however.

Quote Originally Posted by murbaez View Post
    I used it in Heroic Archi. We still havent downed him but i was using this as a Fury 2 hand with a heroic warforged ilvl 731 horn as other trink. I wasn comparing it with the Heroic Unending hunger with socket i have. Now im only ilvl 717 atm but i noticed that my dps during the attempts with the BoA trink was higher on average.

My dps with the H WF Horn lv 2 + H UH + socket was on average 57k.
    My dps with the H WF Horn lv 2 + http://www.wowdb.com/items/133595-gronntooth-war-horn averaged about between 64k-75k.

I was actually pretty shocked about it. I thought perhaps it had to do with RNG in general, but it seems to be consistently better. I would imagine that even the mythic UH wouldn't be as good as it.

But please take my findings with a grain of salt, im not a mythic level player. I definitely encourage giving it a shot however.
    Well, keep in mind I was comparing my findings to Mythic trinkets. If you're using Heroic trinkets, Gronntooth will be that much better in comparison.

I have yet to determine exactly how good it is for Archimonde. On the one hand, you have secondary Demon targets, on the other hand, you probably won't be getting consistent killing blows against them (is the Doomfire considered a Demon? I don't think so). Just at a glance, for Arms, I think it's definitely worthwhile over Mythic Hunger, but for Fury, I think EDH will remain ahead.

Deleted
    I got it yesterday, have yet to try it in a raid...

I wonder if it's better than normal WB for arms, the other trinket I use is an already 2/2 upgraded heroic Hunger...

How u can sim it with a demon target?

I'm compiling right now the GIT simulationcraft to choose what trinket to replace

Been nerfed. around 30% uptime overall now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

This trinket is extreemly random, 3 warriors in raid on Zakun yesterday, we all had this trinket and buff uptime differences where huge, like once it was 30% once up to 65%. Way too random and you rly depend on proc as basic stats are terrible compared to UH. I am glad to see Archimitros sims that Groon is wrose, less rng = better.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Been nerfed. around 30% uptime overall now.
    That sucks, I guess blizz didn't want mythic dungeon drops competing with mythic raid drops lol.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    That sucks, I guess blizz didn't want mythic dungeon drops competing with mythic raid drops lol.
    well, as my DK has to use Vial, which is last tiers trinket, which beats mythic wf socket 2/2 trinkets from HFC, i was rather happy something new came along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    finally they nerfed that shit, our dks were to insane yesterday on archi mythic