Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Princeton pressured to Create "Black Student" Safe Zones:

http://dailyprincetonian.com/news/20...eague-are-met/

“I think that it is harder to be a black student on our campus than it is to be a white student. We should be aiming for a campus in which all students feel equally welcomed,” Eisgruber said.

He added that he agrees with some of the students’ points, saying that Wilson was a racist and that the University should talk candidly about his legacy, including both its good and bad parts. However, he added that he disagrees with the idea of renaming the Wilson School and Wilson College.

“I think it is important for me to be sensitive about these points and honest about my views that I talk about,” he said.

Eisgruber also agreed that an ethnicity and diversity distribution requirement would be a good thing for the University to have. However, he noted that the decision belongs to the faculty and should be made through the appropriate processes.

The request for a space specific to black students is reasonable and desirable, Eisgruber said, adding that he and his colleagues will work on creating such a location on campus as quickly as possible.

The request for a space specific to black students is reasonable and desirable, Eisgruber said, adding that he and his colleagues will work on creating such a location on campus as quickly as possible."

I think we can all agree that #BlackLivesMatter and this whole Safe Zone crap, has gone too far now.

How exactly is this any different from Segregation, save being demanded by Black People now instead of White People?

Can you imagine the outrage if someone asked for a "White Student Safe Zone"? IMHO these students that "Ain't gonna leave", need to be forcibly removed and the rule of law imposed upon them very harshly. Enough is enough. Please tell me that humanity did not fight it's way through Segregation, Jim Crow and countless other hurdles only to regress.

This "I'm a victim" bullshit needs to end.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2015-11-19 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I have to say is, that reality always fines a way to sneak in. To think you can stop it, is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    http://dailyprincetonian.com/news/20...eague-are-met/

I think we can all agree that #BlackLivesMatter has gone too far now.

How exactly is this any different from Segregation, save being demanded by Black People now instead of White People?

Can you imagine the outrage if someone asked for a "White Student Safe Zone"? IMHO these students that "Ain't gonna leave", need to be forcibly removed and the rule of law imposed upon them very harshly. Enough is enough. We did not fight our way through segregation, Jim Crow and countless other hurdles to regress.

This "I'm a victim" bullshit needs to end.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

We have allowed our public schools to bring our children up to be a bunch of entitled narcissists who have the whole world at their fingertips yet they whine like they are being oppressed. If they saw true oppression and hate they wouldn't know what to do.

Reminds me of those students arguing AGAINST free speach to their professor. Do they have no grasp of what they are saying? Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

We have allowed our public schools to bring our children up to be a bunch of entitled narcissists who have the whole world at their fingertips yet they whine like they are being oppressed. If they saw true oppression and hate they wouldn't know what to do.
    How did public schools cause this in your eyes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    And people wonder why I don't take modern education seriously...

All schools should create these safe spaces for black students. And then we just have to hope they all use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they get to put a spiffy "No Whites Allowed" sign in the window?

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    All schools should create these safe spaces for black students. And then we just have to hope they all use them.
    oooh sneaky racism/segregation post?

i would think a school would be a safe zone for a black student

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear to whatever entity that probably doesn't exist, I hope rationality will get back inside colleges and universities soon. It's almost like a dream. Well, a bad dream with irrational people and people actually buying that irrationality. Basically a nightmare.

So Black segregation proposed by black students.

what has even happened on college campuses these days.

Just four years ago I never saw any of this nonsense in my college.

15+ Year Old Account
    Being black is hard in all aspects of life, especially in public. That is why I think we should have specific bus seats reserved for black people. Can have it in the back, so they're not victims to passenger traffic. All blacks to the back of the bus, for your protection.

What about other etnicities, are we also going to create Asian safe spaces? Middle Eastern safe spaces? Pacific Islander? I've said it before, I'm glad I'm no longer in school. I can't wait to see this crap in the off campus world.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    i would think a school would be a safe zone for a black student
    Not if you have the mental state of a chipmunk, being triggered by a handkerchief or loud noises... you know, like someone coughing. Once anything can trigger anyone, the world is the unsafest place it has ever been. We should actually create safe spaces for such people. I'm thinking 2 by 3 metres, with padded walls and no sharp objects in the vicinity. All in white, because that is the most neutral thing we have when it comes to colours.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    The best way to keep a race safe is to keep other races out my momma told me always.

7+ Year Old Account
    More insanity, I do get the sense that people are starting to wake up regarding the regressive left.

PC gone full retard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    How exactly are schools not already safe, especially ivy league schools? Did someone disagree with them? Does someone not share the same opinion as them?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    More insanity, I do get the sense that people are starting to wake up regarding the regressive left.
    I don't know, have we woken up to the aggressive right? You tell me. Personally I prefer the middle backwards up direction, just for funsies. But since you're inevitably going to disagree with me, without actually knowing why, I'll just claim that straight down is your prefered political orientation. Just to give you something to think about.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Well this is just horseshoe theory in action pretty much. I wonder what MLK would have said about this.