Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I was pretty fortunate that my old employer was closed on the big 3 major holidays, I still had to go in for a few hours for maintenance stuff but I was always amazed at the amount of people who'd try to get in, and how traffic went from non-existent to practically normal traffic over the last few years. Thankfully we never did Black Friday sales so it was usually a quiet day for us. I just don't understand the desire to stand in lines and deal with that many people to save a couple bucks.

Glad I dont have to go out of my way to get "deals" on bullshit not worth bothering with in the first place.

Most likely what actually happened here is that opening earlier, based on some metric, would have cost them more money than they would have made. I would venture to guess it would be the costs of hiring and training new people because current people refuse to come to work on a Holiday about giving thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Most likely what actually happened here is that opening earlier, based on some metric, would have cost them more money than they would have made. I would venture to guess it would be the costs of hiring and training new people because current people refuse to come to work on a Holiday about giving thanks.
    "They should be thankful they have a job." is how management tends to think.

I remember back at my work when they "modified" (aka slashed) the incentive program.. You used to get a bonus if you had to perform multiple positions in the same week because doing so caused you to get screwed over on the incentive for both positions... Then they got rid of that. And in the words of the senior leadership "You should be thankful that you get to help out the company by doing more than one thing." Uh... really?

Suffice to say that the company has seen centuries of experience walk out the door in the last few years. (in the form of a handful of people with lots of experience). Managmint smrt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    *Snip
    The management are usually the best cocksuckers. Once they're promoted they suddenly start acting like major power tripping cunts. The checkout staff is also a hierarchy of cock sucking and ass licking because few hours are scheduled and most are called in so the people in charge pick the people they like best. It's disgusting, I've had the unfortune to hear about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really bother me one way or the other. I work for a large grocery store chain ( I'm a butcher) and I volunteer to work all holidays that they're open. You should see the look of confusion on a manager's face when someone volunteers for that.

As for holidays, so many of them are connected to organized religion that I have zero interest. I live about 2 hours away from where I grew up and most of my extended family still resides. The only 2 of all of them I've seen for at least the last 10 years are my parents. They visit maybe 5-7 times a year. They're both retired but dad doesn't like long drives as much as he used to, or it would be more often.

I visit my parents at their home ( still the one I grew up in ) once a year, at Christmas. mainly because the store I work for is closed that day. I call my mother on mother's day and she calls me on my birthday ( even though I don't mark it in any way). Sort of a traumatic day for her back then.

I simply can't empathize with the holiday celebration culture. For whatever reason, it doesn't move me in the least. People have often told me that compared to my parents, I'm fairly standoffish and distant. I agree with that. Once my parents have passed, I probably won't ever celebrate a holiday or talk to anyone I'm related to ever again. And I couldn't care less.

I suppose it's my disdain for the whole rural culture of the American Southeast. Religious zealotry, hate for gay people, disdain for science, crappy music, etc.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I worked at Target last year, it was such a joke and insulting to the employees. Management promised employees a "meal" which turned out to be a disgusting BBQ pork that looked like it had been reheated, because shelling out money for a real thanksgiving meal would be too much. Typical BS the rest of the day.

Side note, if anyone thinks that Target is a better company or different then Wal Mart you are sadly mistaken. I have never seen such disdain for employes at a company.
    Both are Damn horrible and both need to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I was at Walmart the other day... It was on a weekend... But All hands were on deck on the express line. The lineup was big, and I was literally just thinking to myself how the line was moving at a pretty good pace even though it was busy. Then I hear a conversation outside of the express line enclosure, and it was some manager reaming out who must have been the front-end supervisor, telling her to go tell the people working the express line that they should call the next person over while the previous shopper's transaction was processing....

And I'm just thinking to myself... fucking really?

#1. It wouldn't make an inkling of difference. The only thing that would change is where the next person happens to be standing when the cashier is ready to start ringing their shit through.

#2. Previously the employees had been working their heart out... The girl at the register when I showed up though was shaking, because naturally they'd all just been told they had been doing a bad job, when they had been doing a good job... So things just got worse.

#3. I regret not jumping over the divide and reaming the manager out for being a dipshit like that.

But that's who manages retail. Retail management often pays close to the bottom middle of the payscale for other sectors. You get what you pay for.

I wanted to write an angry letter to Walmart to get that manager in shit...but then I remembered it was Walmart, they probably wouldn't give a shit. But if I can go back in time and do one thing I'd go ream out that manager.
    Managers are universally the worst people of all. Wal-Mart managers are even worse in some respects because for some of these pathetic excuses for people this is all the power they have in their lives and they become the biggest bullies of all time because of it. This is it, this is their life, and they just throw their weight around because they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Why do you hate generally beloved parts of culture? Seems like pointless bitterness for no gain.
    The culture? You mean where we attempted propagated genocide against the native americans? You know the Thanksgiving story was mostly, bullshit right?
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Wal-Mart managers are even worse in some respects because for some of these pathetic excuses for people this is all the power they have in their lives and they become the biggest bullies of all time because of it. This is it, this is their life, and they just throw their weight around because they can.
    Or, you know, because they have to. Those managers get paid a little more and are accountable for everyone else's fuck-ups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Or, you know, because they have to. Those managers get paid a little more and are accountable for everyone else's fuck-ups.
    They don't have to be dickheads and assholes, they choose to be. Usually the "weight" they throw around is literal.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Changes literally zero, Also with first hand experience I can say no manager anywhere is responsible for anything. They pass all blame onto associates. Assistant Managers are the worst scum of the earth in Wal-Mart.

It's even belittling to scum to call them managers.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    They don't have to be dickheads and assholes, they choose to be. Usually the "weight" they throw around is literal.
    Changes literally zero, Also with first hand experience I can say no manager anywhere is responsible for anything. They pass all blame onto associates. Assistant Managers are the worst scum of the earth in Wal-Mart.

It's even belittling to scum to call them managers.
    If one's livelihood depends their ability to manage their people, "feels" are irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    If one's livelihood depends their ability to manage their people, "feels" are irrelevant.
    So which Walmart store do you (mis)manage?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    So which Walmart store do you (mis)manage?
    I actually managed a restaurant. I don't even like shopping at Wal-Mart. I'd sure as hell never work there.

The funny thing is, all the retailers mentioned in the original post (and Wal-Mart too for what that's worth) all offer their Black Friday deals online. You can shop from home and have the stuff delivered to your door. I have no idea what the infatuation is with going to crowded stores and camping out to save a few bucks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ones livelihood depends on being the biggest asshole, groping the female staff, screaming orders, and by and large mismanaging everything simply with the belief that if your not barking orders your not relevant.

No member of management is good person. By nature their worthless parasites.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ones livelihood depends on being the biggest asshole, groping the female staff, screaming orders, and by and large mismanaging everything simply with the belief that if your not barking orders your not relevant.

No member of management is good person. By nature their worthless parasites.
    I'm going to need you to cite a source that provides proof that every single one of them is guilty of what you're claiming.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to need you to cite a source that provides proof that every single one of them is guilty of what you're claiming.
    The ones I had were, as just an example, my experience as an employee of businesses both big and small has been that managers are typically pathetic fucks with inferiority complexes, a disdain for their employees and zero consideration. They will fuck you over and sell you out for a bonus and sit on their fat ass while you work and if their male.... or female, sexually harass their staff or argue its their right to do so.

Dirt, a pox on those worthless creatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the Walmart managers here are worthless. They're lazy slobs that do the bare minimum while the other employees try and help when it's the managers job.

7+ Year Old Account
    The ones I had were, as just an example, my experience as an employee of businesses both big and small has been that managers are typically pathetic fucks with inferiority complexes, a disdain for their employees and zero consideration. They will fuck you over and sell you out for a bonus and sit on their fat ass while you work and if their male.... or female, sexually harass their staff or argue its their right to do so.

Dirt, a pox on those worthless creatures.
    You poor thing!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...,313_SH20_.jpg

Infracted - please post constructively
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2015-11-22 at 03:58 AM.