Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Only just, but yes.

Anyway, guilds do and should (especially lower progressed ones) recruit undergeared people. You can run things like Mythic dungeons and such so they can see you putting effort in.
    Players are a lot mor self centered now than a few years ago. Getting people to do something that doesn't benefit them as a player or just being helpful is really uncommon nowadays..... Sadly.

Timing is everything too.

At this point of the tier, the race is over and even "hardcore" guilds are placing more emphasis on people that will fit in longterm, and not so much people that can immediately hit the ground running. (although I'm sure on an individual basis there may be guilds looking to fill a raidslot urgently)

If this were a few months ago, when the raid was fresh, Goodluck finding a spot in a competitive raid while undergeared.

My guild suffers horrible attendance from Warlock players, it's like our curse. A lock will show up to raid, join the guild, then never show up for a second week and eventually get g kicked for zero attendance.

We eventually got so sick of not having cloth DPS in the raid we recruited a lock right out of timeless isle and gave him all the gear. He turned into a solid raider when he had the gear.

Deleted
    Looking for people who fit, there's too many playing this game who think too highly on themselves. Usually these people are younger too. Gear never has been 'a huge deal', it all boils down to if we are doing the content they need gear from at this point. If you raid every day, gear shouldn't be issue to anyone though.

Deleted
    OP here again

I spend my time since opening this thread looking for a Guild on different realms.

About 90% state that an ilvl of atleast 715 and the Legendary ring is required.

Getting this gear is a nightmare. I tried to pug Normal HFC and they literally want ilvl 710+

Had to use a fake achievement generator to get into a group as Healer.

previously, u could just feed proven, competent raiders with gears and they will be useful instantly,

right now, even if u feed them with gears, they are still useless because the difference of having and not having an orange(upgraded) ring is just way too big, in terms of output numbers. And incompetent officers will misjudge them as shitty players even though they performed their rotations perfectly.

The saddest part is there is no real catch-up mechanic with the current system, u are forever behind if u didnt play since the beginning, every single player give up when they realise attempting to chase a moving pole is not possible , the pole only stops @ 795 ilvl.

HFC patch realeased during june and now we are moving into december, and i believe on one has gotten their ring upgraded to 795 ilvl yet, no sane player would stick around knowing they will NEVER be equal, by the time they are equal it no longer matters because Legion will be released by then.

It is just lame blizz is ignoring the obvious flaw in this legendary ring system, not offering them the chance to kill archimonde as many times as possible to get ring upgrade drop every single time until they are equal to the highest possible ilvl at that moment, and they should also offer this to players playing same character but on 2 diff roles.

The weekly restriction imposed on legendary progression system is nothing but a huge barrier for everyone, not only it blocks new/returning players, it also eliminates the possibility of guilds recruiting new/ returning players into the raid roster and force guilds into the small pool of players that are currently playing and is continuously shrinking

i dont know if blizz is smart enough to realize this rubbish legendary progression system is destroying their game and reducing sub numbers. It is so unfriendly to newcomers, returning players and current players that wants alts. And there is no way to bypass it, of course blizz white knights will jump out saying the ring is not required to play the game, but we all know that is not true and they are just being dumb, even pugs nowadays require rings and linking the cutting edge: the black gate achievement doesnt even cut it .
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2015-11-22 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You saying this just goes to show that you've never been part of the recruiting team in any serious guild.

Can you phrase that a bit more arrogantly?

Infracted

- - - Updated - - -

Also when you personally attack people like that at least make some sense. Your post is blatantly wrong from the initial premise. If that Method player re-rolls the same class that got a world 1st kill, if you care about his gear right now that Tier 18 is over, you don't know what you're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

If anything, you should say thank you he is on a level 1 character. Let alone "rate his gear with 1 to 5", bah.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-11-23 at 11:26 AM.

We went on a pretty big recruitment drive a while ago, accepting players of almost any gear levels. Spend some time gearing them in heroic and even mythic. Half of them disappeared, some weren't very good, and some turned into solid raiders who have stuck with us since. It can be a risk, but if you're struggling to recruit players who are ready for mythic it can be a good idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I've seen 13/13 M guilds taking in very low geared people for Legion. I can't tell if they have the merits to back them up but guilds are taking in lowered gear people atm. Especially if they aren't progressing anymore.

Because they are smart. If you took some supposedly "pro recruiters" seriously you'd think gear matters more than what they'll do in Legion. It's completely irrelevant what gear you have now if you are talking Legion.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-11-22 at 11:22 PM.

Deleted
    Some months into the final tier (which always lasts an eternity) is the best time to get back into raiding without gear IF you have experience/good logs from previous tiers.

No guild worth it's salt would turn down a (very) good player at this point cause of gear or even class (IF they are done with progress ofc).

During progress is ofc completely different cause you don't have gear and giving it to you is a risk. So you need very good credentials to get a shot (talking about world ~50 here). But then again I know some world ~250 guilds that give everything half decent a chance.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2015-11-23 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Can you phrase that a bit more arrogantly?

- - - Updated - - -

Also when you personally attack people like that at least make some sense. Your post is blatantly wrong from the initial premise. If that Method player re-rolls the same class that got a world 1st kill, if you care about his gear right now that Tier 18 is over, you don't know what you're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

If anything, you should say thank you he is on a level 1 character. Let alone "rate his gear with 1 to 5", bah.
    I'm sorry, but when you're trying so hard to be an idiot, I'll be treating you as one. I'm referring to what a guild does/will do during progress - which was made abundantly clear from my first post in this topic, literally stating AND I QUOTE: "Guilds that aren't progressing won't give a shit if your previous credentials are in order." - With me then going on to shortly explain why experience might not be enough for the guilds he is applying to. I then went in detail explaining it to you, because apparantly "LOL FORMER TOP RAIDER > ALL OTHER FACTORS YOURE A MORON IF YOU DONT TAKE HIM".

Protip - if you don't want people to call you out on your bullshit, stop posting idiotic things. I'm giving you a reason as to why someone would likely not be accepted into a guild despite having good previous progress, and explaining to you how most guilds will weight an application. Some other guilds will have lower thresholds (it's okay if he's absent a few days, it's okay if his logs are lower etc), but either way, what I've described is pretty much how any successfull guild will recruit a person - they weigh the pros versus the cons, and decided yes or no.
    Just because someone was in Method doesn't mean that they'll be a benefit to your guild; If you have to wait two resets for them to level from 1 to 100, then have to wait 2 months for them to get a legendary ring, and have to spend atleast a month of that gearing them up (Not giving him any loot that your current raiders can actually make use of IN the raids during progress means slower gearing process), but you need to recruit a mage RIGHT NOW for Xhul+Mannoroth progress, because they make the fights ten times easier, there's no point. Sure, take the guy in and if you never find anyone you're set, but he isn't a valueable asset to the guild untill he's ready to raid, no matter his previous experience.

You also have to realise that at some point, former raid experience stops being relevant. I couldn't give less of a fuck about someone saying they got a top 5, 10 or 20 kill of M'uru, Brutalus or KJ at this stage of the game - Burning Crusade is so far in the past that chances are if they haven't played at a high level since then, they won't be performing to nearly the same standard they did when they got their kills. Anything prior to late WOTLK/Cata at this point I'm unlikely to care about.

But honestly, all this will probably go straight over your fucking head because you can't seem to comprehend that I could be speaking about a hypothetical situation, and not what my own guild is currently doing. It seems impossible that I might have an understanding of how a guild is being run during progress, because my guild is done with progress. RIGHT GUYS? Oh wait. No, we totally did progress. I should totally know.

Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-11-23 at 11:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    most guilds need to take a risk or a gamble on recruiting under geared players.

there are signs that show that a player is a "safer bet", things like achievement point dates, feats of strength or ahead of the curve / cutting edge achievements all indicate levels of skill or commitment to the game. The big thing will also be why they stopped raiding, and for how long. Will they quit again?

unfortunately its just a part of the game. people come and go, and a smart guild will constantly be on the lookout to bolster their numbers with quality players.
    Hi

Deleted
    You also have to realise that at some point, former raid experience stops being relevant. I couldn't give less of a fuck about someone saying they got a top 5, 10 or 20 kill of M'uru, Brutalus or KJ at this stage of the game - Burning Crusade is so far in the past that chances are if they haven't played at a high level since then, they won't be performing to nearly the same standard they did when they got their kills. Anything prior to late WOTLK/Cata at this point I'm unlikely to care about.
    This bit, just have to echo this. So.Fking.True. I'm literally amazed at how many people i've talked with (people are applying to our guild) who've boasted with their feats in the past, only to be shown completely useless in raids in the casual raiding environment that we're playing in(read:still progressing). I get that people need to boost their ego so that someone accepts them to trials but i would be ashamed to play the game if i actually get WORSER as the game progressed. Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    If that Method player re-rolls the same class that got a world 1st kill, if you care about his gear right now that Tier 18 is over, you don't know what you're doing.
    Its rather funny that you think a method player rerolling the same class can even be compared to a random player with zero gear applying to a 13/13M guild.

Quote Originally Posted by iots View Post
    This bit, just have to echo this. So.Fking.True. I'm literally amazed at how many people i've talked with (people are applying to our guild) who've boasted with their feats in the past, only to be shown completely useless in raids in the casual raiding environment that we're playing in(read:still progressing). I get that people need to boost their ego so that someone accepts them to trials but i would be ashamed to play the game if i actually get WORSER as the game progressed. Holy crap.
    I would say its not because they got worse, its just their previous feats weren't actually impressive. People think being like top 3 guild on their server is somehow a accomplishment. Like I got server firsts all of woltk, but that guild wasn't even breaking top 100 us.
    Last edited by supersnap; 2015-11-23 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a guild is still progressing at this point then they're looking for someone to hit the ground running and jump into whatever boss they're at and fit in with iLvl and experience (which is really, really tough to find for the average guild).

When progression is done you'll probably find many more guilds that are willing to bolster rosters and take a few undergeared players with potential for farm runs while other people take breaks and whatnot.

That said, OP, you're going to have to progress a bit yourself. You're probably going to have to start in a normal or heroic raiding guild, get some loot and experience, then have the logs to back it up if you want to get into the next "tier" of guilds.

Just start small and work your way up.

Deleted
    you're trying so hard to be an idiot

I'm now convinced your guild has better people than you. There is no way you are the prime recruiter and prime raid leader when your human contact here is so bad. You repeatedly resort to personal attacks without any reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    Its rather funny that you think a method player rerolling the same class can even be compared to a random player with zero gear applying to a 13/13M guild.
    Tell that to Dracodraco who claims he would "rate his gear from 1 to 5".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iots View Post
    This bit, just have to echo this. So.Fking.True.
    You are free to dismiss a player that was in the world 1st Archimonde kill if he rerolled to the same class today. I would consider his gear irrelevant. Keep "rating it from 1 to 5", you are free to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    II would say its not because they got worse, its just their previous feats weren't actually impressive. People think being like top 3 guild on their server is somehow a accomplishment. Like I got server firsts all of woltk, but that guild wasn't even breaking top 100 us.
    Yeah, perspective is a funny thing. Agree with your notion, but i'm actually talking about people who say they were in top20-50 guilds in previous expansions etc, and then literally blow up the raid and/or die to stupid things repeatedly. I want to give people the benefit of the doubt and let them prove their word in relation to what they say, but in this expansion in particular i cant recall any that did.

And yeah, i dont know what this other nonsense thats being written about, looks like trolling to me.

Deleted
    EU/German-Horde here.

I can only speak for my guild, but we recently invited some players into the guild that wanted to boost a 100 on our server/faction. We decided on doing so because it was a match in personality - the rest will show later, actually. All of them are returning players that are looking for a semi-progressing guild which we are, having started after a break like 10 IDs ago on hfc normal. Yesterday we ran mythic dungeons together, pugged a hfc normal raid with a befriended guild and brought our players along, evening out the lower geared people with our mains. If it will work out skill-wise, we will see, but we openly communicated that the performance can only be seen in a raid by ourself and it's their risk of using the boost or paying money to transfer based on "yeah, you sound nice, could be a fit if everything you said is true about your skill".

None of them has the legendary ring, but everything will come along in a few weeks.

Deleted
    When a guild takes in undergeared players its usually:

A) A long-term investment (next tier/expansion).

B) A guild is in deep trouble and are desperate to fill up their raiding team. So they mass recruit, knowing that several of the people they invite wont make it, but hoping to catch a couple of good raiders.

Having played since vanilla, I have seen both scenarios happen several times. I have been a part of it myself. The lesson to learn is that A is much better to do than B, since B will leads to some frustrating nights.

The better you do A) the less likely you are to do B).

As for OP, it is easiest getting into a guild when they are in B), but it is better for you (and them) if you get in during A). Typically these slots are not open for recruitment. But if you know some good guilds on the server you want to be a part of during Legion, then try and make an unprompted application or just talk to the leadership.
    It will give them a better reason to give you time and trust to be integrated.

Well from my pov as a 12/13 M guild:

We've been recruiting undergeared players throughout the expansion. Some HFC examples: HFC we got a holy pala at 10/13 hc while we were at 6/13 M, he was geared in a couple of weeks. He had a solid previous raiding history in BRF and earlier. We took two casters who also hadn't fully cleared hc as some of our raiders vouched for the,; they were also geared in a couple weeks sufficiently to help on Mannoroth prog. We've also taken some returning guild players without the ring even to gear up, but this is only because they raided with us before.

Basically for an undergeared player it's something like this:
    * Do we need the class? can we afford to wait for him to be geared, are there better options?
    * Did he raid on our level before? If not it's almost a guaranteed no.
    * Has he put effort in gearing up on his own? Some people apply without having done any pugs or even Tanaan for gear. Anyone can reach 700+ and some hc kills on their own, if they didn't do it they're probably not ready to commit, just want a carry.

If you're getting turned down you're probably apping to guilds on Manno/Archy that are currently extending and can't take the time to gear you up right now, or there's something wrong with the above points - either not much of a raiding history or you haven't put much effort into your gear. OR you're just bad at writing apps, this can happen :P