Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How does this thread have four pages? Op's suggestion already exists - it's called PvE servers. This is a really bizarre discussion.

Deleted
    I appreciate your difficulty with social anxiety, and that you don't want to leave the server; but I don't think the game should remove PVP servers just because you're too scared to leave them, if you don't want to PVP. And yes, being able to turn off world PVP on a PVP server effectively stops a PVP server from being one.

I'd suggest to either pick a class that's fairly PVP resilient (i.e. a rogue, just vanish and sneak off, or night elf druid with shadowmeld+flight form macro), and/or work on your anxiety issues - which would always be a good thing. Just talking to people can be extremely scary, but people don't bite - and if they do, it's just trash talk at worst, nothing that necessarily has to get to you personally. Many people are actually nice. I love talking to people, and some are dicks, but there are gems among them and I've made some of my best friends that way.

Had the craziest conversations, ran into people that like the same music (which if you're listening to dark ambient/IDM/glitch/drone is fairly unusual), and just did random stuff with random strangers, having fun for hours. Turtle hopping on our turtle mounts for example.
    Scary as it may be, don't give up on social scary stuff. And allow yourself to appreciate the bits that do go well or that áre fun.

I agree with the OP.
    It'll never happen because bullies like to have people to pick on and ganking seems to be great for that.
    Thankfully, the PvP server I'm more or less forced to play on has no allies on it at all. The old world is off limits of course, I'll never go there anymore but the newest part of the world is fine thanks to no cross realm.

If Blizzard ever introduced cross realm in the current expantion though, I'd just give up on WoW.

No. You chose to play on a PvP server where you knew the risks. PVE servers exist for these reasons.

"Change the game because I, who suffer from a health problem that doesn't affect most of people, don't like it and the mechanics that exist to handle my likes do not fit me exclusively.

Signed:
    Entitled 1st worlder"

10+ Year Old Account
    You choose to limit yourself. Deal with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insofin View Post
    2-4. How does it solve the problem? Easy. When Mahoma does not go to the mountain, the mountain goes to Mahoma. You "move" everyone instead of expecting everyone to move. The problem in this game is that high end, hardcore PvE is done in PvP realms in its vast majority, instead of PvE realms where they should be. And it's not because these hardcore, high-end raiders also love PvP (check realm population balance. Do you see any realm with good PvE progression and good faction balance? Nope). Therefore, by placing everyone in the type that adjusts to the majority of players' intention and afterwards create a "paradise" (balanced PvP realms? No insults, cries, drama or even bullying? A dream come true) for the minority, you place everyone where they should be.

5. It's there to make people understand and consider the full consequences of people migrating to PvP realms. To avoid people going "HAHAH I'M IN THE PVP REALM" and then cry like almost everyone does when being ganked/camped.
    I repeat my question.
    How does 2-4 solve OPs problem of not wanting to be on a PvP realm but still playing with their friends who want to be on a PvP realm?

5.The way you wrote it in the first place was that people who want to leave PvP servers have to pay a hundred bucks and you it seems like you actually want it the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I saw this problem...and rolled on a PvE server.

Or as a friend of mine once put it: "PvP on a PvP server? No waaaaaaaaaaiiiii"

Seriously. Are you the kind of guy who travels on a holiday trip to the middle east with a "Jesus saves" T-shirt and then complains when he gets assaulted by ISIS?
    Their problem is not the misunderstanding of PvP servers but their friends who unlike them want to play on a PvP server.

Aside as a noob you can't possibly expect THAT to happen when you choose PvP server because that's where your friends are.
    I did the same thing you did and it's so much better that way, albeit that if my current server was PvP we would outnumber the horde 3 to 1.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2015-11-25 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    Players join PvP servers because they want to PvP, by implementing what you want you would basically be taking that away from everyone else for the good of yourself or a minute minority who may have similar circumstances.

I'm sorry if you have social anxiety but what you want is rather selfish, since you would be ruining the game for a lot of people by preventing the exact gameplay a pvp server is designed for.

Maybe you should try some pvp, you never know you may like it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Again. As i said. It will never happen. And it probably shouldnt either as also stated here. However Defeating the point of a pvp server. I don't really think so. Players choose to play on a pvp server because they want to. There are a few people. Like myself which is kinda in between a rock and a hard place. Ofcourse im not forced to play on it. But its the only possibility i have to raid. Due to my irl issues. But at the end of the day. Im just airing an idea here. Its not like im trying to get people on a crusade to make this happen. Don't get me wrong. Im just interrested in getting opinions.
    Yea, players play on a pvp server with the intent that they can potentially pvp with EVERYONE in non-sanctuary zones. Giving some people the ability to turn that off *does* defeat the purpose of a pvp server.

You're right that there are people in between a rock and a hard place, and their choice is to deal with it or leave.

I think you'll find that mostly everyone's opinion is that this is a bad idea.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

You could just play with your friends via the cross-realm raiding feature...

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I repeat my question.
    How does 2-4 solve OPs problem of not wanting to be on a PvP realm but still playing with their friends who want to be on a PvP realm?
    Their problem is not the misunderstanding of PvP servers but their friends who unlike them want to play on a PvP server.
    Why do you want to be in a PvP realm when it is completely unbalanced? Why does almost everyone play in PvP realms but hate PvP?
    People won't admit it, but almost nobody is interested in Outdoor PvP (which is the only non-population related reason to be in a PvP realm instead of a PvE one). If people who hate Outdoor PvP are in PvP realms, it's just because of population issues (more people = more things to do, like raids, mythic/challenge dungeons, dailies...). How many of those "I want to be on a PvP server" does actually do some kind of PvP that can't be done in PvE realms? Only those who play on the minor faction.

Just check the realms populations:
    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu
    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

The first PvP realm with a decent balance is top12 in EU (a connected realm group; the second one with decent balance is top 22), and a top20 in US (another connected realm group). Do you really think all other PvP servers over those two (and the ones below who are also unbalanced) have people playing on them because of PvP?
    If this night blizzard decided to change PvP realms into PvE, noone would notice the difference because there is almost no possibility of PvP to happen in a PvP realm.

Therefore, I dare say OP friends want to be on PvP realm for other reasons that have nothing to do with the PvP realm type, even if they won't admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Aside as a noob you can't possibly expect THAT to happen when you choose PvP server because that's where your friends are.
    That's still the same. Why are your friends in PvP realms instead of PvE ones when there is no Outdoor PvP? It's almost (for not saying totally) impossible for Outdoor PvP to happen when realms are so unbalanced. Therefore there is no reason for PvP realms to be called PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by taaveti View Post
    I'll have no problem with that as long as the toggle is heavily gated.
    For example, you buy a service for $12.99 to toggle any world PvP related stuffs with your account either on or off, and the service cannot be purchased(toggled) more than once every 90 days.
    Unfortunately that would either make you unable to heal or buff your PvP-tagged friends or make you able to and cause an unfair fight.
    I suppose it could be solved by letting the player be temporarily PvP-tagged like on any PvE realm for 5 minutes after touching someone who's tagged. But then we just have a PvE realm again, and then we haven't really come much further.

On topic: Like others have said, ganking is hardly an issue anymore. Especially if you're playing the bigger faction on a 1:0.00000001... ratio realm like I am.
    Last edited by Zindai; 2015-11-26 at 11:27 AM.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    Don't play on a PVP-Server if you don't want to pvp. It's that simple.
    Exactly, I enjoy PVPing in BGs, RBGs, etc... but my blood pressure could not handle trying to level on a PVP server.

Just using group finder to kill rares in Tan, like Vengeance, Terrorfist, and ending up up a PVP server only to be insta wiped.

Or once after doing the group finder thing to kill Kaz which was on a PVP server as I was leaving I saw a Horde rogue trying to kill the rare that spawns in the green crap right by Kaz and was almost dead so I figured I would help him real quick before I left the group I was in and the realm. So I flew down helped him kill the rare and by that time I was almost dead I walked over to loot it and that Rogue killed me.

That was enough for me to say no just no to ever playing full time on a PVP server.

Deleted
    You are completely wrong and should probably just endure the "pain" of playing on a PvP server if you really want to play with your friends.

Ok. I know im gonna get flamed and called this and that for this. But hear me out.

I hate pvp servers with a passion. I avoid them like the plague and im a strictly pve/raid player. I like doing stuff out in the world in my own tempo not having to be on guard 24/7 for other players.

So why is this even a issue you say. Play on a pve server you scrublord. Well. I would if i could. The thing is. i have 9 friends im gonna raid with. we are 10 with me. They ALL want to play on a pvp server. Find new friends you say. Well. im suffering from crippling social anxiety. I can easily write on forums like i am doing here now. But talking and playing with players i do not know is simply not happening. I can't even do a regular 5 man on most days with randoms. So you see my issue here. Im getting unwell even talking about it.

Playing on a pvp server is fun enough i guess if you want to play pvp. Which i don't This has happened once before. When firelands was out. They where on a pvp server. I was doing the daily quests in firelands, the zone thingie, not the raid. And i was ganked time after time. as much as 10 players all zerging me. Giving me no other choice then logging off. And i am afraid this will be exactly the same in legion.

Anyways. So i was sitting here thinking. What if they made you able to turn of pvp entirely on a pvp server. You could choose this when you made the character and it couldnt be switched off. Maybe for a fee or whatever.

Only way to do pvp would be battleground and arena like it is on a pve server. But you are not able to attack nor be attacked out in the world.

Would this be a solution you guys could live with ?
    I know ofcourse it will never happen. And that this thread is sorta kinda meaningless. But i just wanted to see if anyone else thought this was a good idea.

I have seen this topic many a times before, where people are sorta forced to play on a pvp server because of their friends and the same answer is given everytime.

Get new friends, get a new guild. Don't play on a pvp server you noob. etc.

For me its quite simple. If im getting constantly ganked/killed beyond the point where i cant take it anymore. Im more or less without a raiding team with no possibility to find a new one. They are all sorta pvp whores who love pvp servers. And im the odd one out.
    I believe there is an addon now that allows you to switch servers. If your getting ganked on one, this allows you to switch to another without needing a player from that server.

If I am wrong, please correct me and I won't be upset. However I heard that there was such an addon.

Ok. I know im gonna get flamed and called this and that for this. But hear me out.

I hate pvp servers with a passion. I avoid them like the plague and im a strictly pve/raid player. I like doing stuff out in the world in my own tempo not having to be on guard 24/7 for other players.

So why is this even a issue you say. Play on a pve server you scrublord. Well. I would if i could. The thing is. i have 9 friends im gonna raid with. we are 10 with me. They ALL want to play on a pvp server. Find new friends you say. Well. im suffering from crippling social anxiety. I can easily write on forums like i am doing here now. But talking and playing with players i do not know is simply not happening. I can't even do a regular 5 man on most days with randoms. So you see my issue here. Im getting unwell even talking about it.

Playing on a pvp server is fun enough i guess if you want to play pvp. Which i don't This has happened once before. When firelands was out. They where on a pvp server. I was doing the daily quests in firelands, the zone thingie, not the raid. And i was ganked time after time. as much as 10 players all zerging me. Giving me no other choice then logging off. And i am afraid this will be exactly the same in legion.

Anyways. So i was sitting here thinking. What if they made you able to turn of pvp entirely on a pvp server. You could choose this when you made the character and it couldnt be switched off. Maybe for a fee or whatever.

Only way to do pvp would be battleground and arena like it is on a pve server. But you are not able to attack nor be attacked out in the world.

Would this be a solution you guys could live with ?
    I know ofcourse it will never happen. And that this thread is sorta kinda meaningless. But i just wanted to see if anyone else thought this was a good idea.

I have seen this topic many a times before, where people are sorta forced to play on a pvp server because of their friends and the same answer is given everytime.

Get new friends, get a new guild. Don't play on a pvp server you noob. etc.

For me its quite simple. If im getting constantly ganked/killed beyond the point where i cant take it anymore. Im more or less without a raiding team with no possibility to find a new one. They are all sorta pvp whores who love pvp servers. And im the odd one out.
    One of the reasons I like playing on a pvp server is the spontaneity of encounters with the other "faction." Maybe they might try to kill me, maybe they succeed, with so much of WoW being more like a theme park ride and losing its "sandbox" (which in my opinion is probably the best thing about the game, using your own brain to complete your story) feel. I actually try my best to help out other players, even ones that are red and that we can kill each other, but we kill the big huge demon instead, thank each other and go on. Being on a pvp server is not just "red is dead."

Deleted
    You've made a choice to play with those friends, accept the baggage that comes with it. The game shouldn't have to change and completely cripple it's pvp servers to cater to you.

The frequency of pvp happening on pvp servers on retail is minimal and not as bad as you think. This expansion most people sit in their garrison so you don't have as many people roaming to look for kills.

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    imo every server should be a pvp server. Its called world of warcraft after all. Stop limiting yourself to half the game. Pvp teaches awareness, which MANY many raiders i've seen lack.
    Pvp is maybe 10% of the game. WoW is and always has been about dungeons and raid. Hence why pvp was brokenly unbalanced for the entire history of the game (Horde won 90% of shit in vanilla and now Alli wins like 80% of ranked).

PvP is a minigame. There's a reason we get new story content and new quest content and new raids and new world stuff every patch but we get pvp updates once an xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    so you play a game and limit yourself to half of the game? lolwut
    LOL you don't fish or play pet battles? LOLOL scrub