Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Fighting against others while leveling have always been something I liked very much - and no I'm not ganking - and I can get very angry when some coward attacks me while I'm fighting a quest mob, but at the same time I would never play without it. It puts the danger back in wow, which it have lacked for many years now.
    Doing quests is so easy, and mobs got so low health that it is a joke.
    The world (of warcraft) isn't dangerous and exciting without world pvp (imo)

I am willing to bet that a large portion of the people that say Hell no are on the many unbalanced servers. Where one faction dominates everything, and most of the time it is Alliance. Horde side on my server has no PVP guilds, nobody cares. All the PVP'ers went to Alliance side for EMFH. So now, Hellfire Penninsula is camped all the time. Two Moons is camped all the time, Warspear has people ganking the flight path vendor. They are running around with the stone barrier from Ashran. Horde on my server has given up, they don't care. And the funny thing is the Horde keeps getting smaller, soon it will just be Alliance on the PVP server and they will bitch about the lack of people to gank slash camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Edit: If you really were as socially inept as you claim a flame shield wouldn't be applicable because your skin would be so thin that a light breeze in your direction would cut you...
    There's a difference between finding it hard to carry on conversations and starting friendships, and getting easily offended.

The first one is socially inept, the second one is emotionally inept.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    So let me get this right. You want to turn PvP servers INTO PvE servers for those that don't want to PvP? I'm sorry but at that point they could remove EVERY PvE server they had because they would function the same as a PvE server for anyone that didn't want to PvP. I'm sorry but how thick can you truly be?
    Im not saying they should turn pvp servers into pve servers. Im talking about a option where you limit yourself from a big part of the game. I would even do it if the limitations where to never go into battlegrounds or Ashran etc. either. And not able to turn it back on. Something that shouldn't be done lightly.

For guys enjoying pvp it wouldnt really matter. A few people you cant attack. But for people like myself and others in my same situation it boils down to basically be able to do what you like and play the game at all. There arent many. But ive seen others having the same issue and similiar issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's a difference between finding it hard to carry on conversations and starting friendships, and getting easily offended.

The first one is socially inept, the second one is emotionally inept.
    In most cases the former is due to a fear of the latter, but I guess you are technically correct...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Im not saying they should turn pvp servers into pve servers. Im talking about a option where you limit yourself from a big part of the game. I would even do it if the limitations where to never go into battlegrounds or Ashran etc. either. And not able to turn it back on. Something that shouldn't be done lightly.

For guys enjoying pvp it wouldnt really matter. A few people you cant attack. But for people like myself and others in my same situation it boils down to basically be able to do what you like and play the game at all. There arent many. But ive seen others having the same issue and similiar issues.
    I don't see how this is a problem with literally almost everything being able to be done cross server now. You could x-fer to a PvE realm and simply group with your buddies to do everything. If you're the leader they'll coalesce to your realm and you won't have any issues with PvP.

Blizzard is talking about making x-server guilds and Mythic is now cross server so the server limitations are almost completely gone at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    2 things -

1.) I guess it's a good thing that all raiding is x-server now
    2.) Get a therapist

Edit: If you really were as socially inept as you claim a flame shield wouldn't be applicable because your skin would be so thin that a light breeze in your direction would cut you...
    2: Another one you mean ?

X-realm raiding is a possibility. Up until they start with mythic.

My plan to actualy deal with this is basically having a toon i level up on a pve server. Do all my stuff cross realm. And then when they start doing mythic i transfer over. Hopefully im done with most world stuff by that time

Edit* Wait Is mythic also cross realm now ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't play on a PVP-Server if you don't want to pvp. It's that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    2: Another one you mean ?

X-realm raiding is a possibility. Up until they start with mythic.

My plan to actualy deal with this is basically having a toon i level up on a pve server. Do all my stuff cross realm. And then when they start doing mythic i transfer over. Hopefully im done with most world stuff by that time

Edit* Wait Is mythic also cross realm now ?
    Yes. As of this patch Mythic is x-server. There is speculation that it will be available after Legion release as well, but that is still tbd.

Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    Don't play on a PVP-Server if you don't want to pvp. It's that simple.
    Good on you for reading the entire post.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are just interested and PvE and raiding switch to a PvE server. You can still raid with your friend from the other one. I think your idea is ridiculous, sorry but it is. You can raid cross realm so your suggestion is pointless in my eyes. People play on PvP servers so they can take part in world PvP, having unflagged people running around on their server totally defeats the purpose. Either suck it up and deal with it or switch servers, like I said you can still raid with them.

Cant you play on PVE and cross realm to play with your PvP friends?

oh the laughs... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not saying they should turn pvp servers into pve servers.
    What you are suggesting is pretty much that though.

In PvP server, you can attack anyone, whereas in PvE server, you can only attack those who flagged themselves.

So now with your change, both servers, can only attack people that flag/unflag themselves at will? Can you see you are making the 2 servers pretty much the same thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What this guy needs is cross-realm guilds so he can move to a pve server and still play with his friends. Which is something we should have gotten by now anyway (as well as the ability to join multiple guilds).
    I'm guessing that is easier said than done with how old the game engine is. Blizzard said at Blizzcon that this is something they're looking in to since they are slowly transitioning the game over to a more modern megaserver-like design.

Deleted
    TBH, rarely here in the EU do you get balanced servers where you have equal numbers for both factions where PVP would matter. The vast majority of top servers in the EU are either 90% Horde, or 90% Alliance, if not more.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't have everything. You need to decide if you value playing with your friends more than getting ganked a couple of times. The power is in your hands. You don't need any additional tools, nor should you try to force others to conform to your preferences.

If you don't like it, don't play it.

Deleted
    So you want to turn off PVP in a PVP Server, because you don't want to get ganked, what about the people that are playing in a PVP server because they want to gank?

-You have an option you can move servers or create a new character in a PVE server, but the PVP guys don't have any option. They can't change servers or create a new character on another server because people can still disable PVP.

I know the feeling you have, but have it came to your mind that some players in PVP servers aren't playing with their friends because they don't want to play in a PVE realm? I am one of them i could be playing with my IRL friends but they all play in PVE servers, I refuse to play in them i want to be in a PVP realm, good for me that i can make new friends in game and join other guilds but the reality is that most players playing in a PVP realm actually want to gank and be ganked, and this feeling ins't exclusive to PVP players, I am a PVE player i play the game for the Raids, but i also enjoy PVP and i like to kill the Alliance guy that is farming Minerals or killing my daily mobs so i can get my raid repair gold/ materials faster while also getting a different experience from the boring tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    so you play a game and limit yourself to half of the game? lolwut
    I bet you raid mythic, are at the top of the PVP leaderboards, are actively collecting all pets and mounts while obtaining the best PVE and PVP gear for all specs on all the classes....I mean, what kind of scrub would only pay a monthy subscription if they didn't play the ENTIRE game right.

>.>
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    No.
    Beeing able to turn PvP off would effectively turn the server into a PvE server, that's exactly the difference, nothing else.
    As to your problem: Tough luck, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    If you are just interested and PvE and raiding switch to a PvE server. You can still raid with your friend from the other one. I think your idea is ridiculous, sorry but it is. You can raid cross realm so your suggestion is pointless in my eyes. People play on PvP servers so they can take part in world PvP, having unflagged people running around on their server totally defeats the purpose. Either suck it up and deal with it or switch servers, like I said you can still raid with them.
    Maybe it is ridiculous. Not gonna fight you on that.
    And cross realm is what i am trying to get going here. But that excludes me from the guild, And a member just joining the raids and not being a part of the guild. Thats not really feasible. Also. What about mythic ? Am i to sit and wait til its old content before blizzard release a patch and make me able to join them. When its on farm ?